NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese New Year: Unfortunate Caption Fail On BBC News (PICTURE)

2 posters

Go down

Chinese New Year: Unfortunate Caption Fail On BBC News (PICTURE) Empty Chinese New Year: Unfortunate Caption Fail On BBC News (PICTURE)

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:28 am

Celebrations began Friday in China to welcome the Year of the Horse.
The official seven-day holiday is marked by parades, prayers – and usually pyrotechnics.
But things may have got a bit lost in translation according to one unfortunate caption on BBC News.
Chinese New Year: Unfortunate Caption Fail On BBC News (PICTURE) O-BBC-NEWS-570
Hot to trot

It's not the first time...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/02/01/chinese-new-year-bbc-news_n_4707419.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Chinese New Year: Unfortunate Caption Fail On BBC News (PICTURE) Empty Re: Chinese New Year: Unfortunate Caption Fail On BBC News (PICTURE)

Post by ALLAKAKA Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:42 am

Obviously another one of those '' English speakers'' employed by the BBC.

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Chinese New Year: Unfortunate Caption Fail On BBC News (PICTURE) Empty Re: Chinese New Year: Unfortunate Caption Fail On BBC News (PICTURE)

Post by Vintage Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:52 am

Good grief didn't anyone check the caption before it was aired?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:00 pm

You would think so Vintage, but really cracked me up.
Just keep imagining older children asking their parents (if the kids had seen this), why this year, is the year of the whore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:02 pm

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:11 pm

As I haven't heard about any out cry or demonstrations from the Chinese community I expect they just think the BBC are complete idiots and didn't do it purposely to insult them? Having said that I reckon the management at the Beeb will have to do a bit of grovelling. How far the mighty have fallen.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:14 pm

To be honest it is hardly in the news so far and may not even become so, but might see some back lash over this, though I doubt from he Chinese, just from people who think the BBC is incompetent, as word does get around

Oh forgot to ask you, did you see the Neanderthal thread in science?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:08 pm

Kung Hei Fat Choy as they say, and Yam Sing (bottoms up) as they toast it. Very fond memories, fire crackers as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:39 pm

PhilDidge wrote:To be honest it is hardly in the news so far and may not even become so, but might see some back lash over this, though I doubt from he Chinese, just from people who think the BBC is incompetent, as word does get around

Oh forgot to ask you, did you see the Neanderthal thread in science?

No, but I'll check it out now, Thanks.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:59 pm

PhilDidge wrote:Celebrations began Friday in China to welcome the Year of the Horse.
The official seven-day holiday is marked by parades, prayers – and usually pyrotechnics.
But things may have got a bit lost in translation according to one unfortunate caption on BBC News.
Chinese New Year: Unfortunate Caption Fail On BBC News (PICTURE) O-BBC-NEWS-570
Hot to trot

It's not the first time...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/02/01/chinese-new-year-bbc-news_n_4707419.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

lol! 

Chinese New Year: Unfortunate Caption Fail On BBC News (PICTURE) Shock11 Chinese New Year: Unfortunate Caption Fail On BBC News (PICTURE) Shock11and Chinese New Year: Unfortunate Caption Fail On BBC News (PICTURE) Shock11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down