NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV presenter upsets neighbours by flying the Union Jack over her £3,000,000 house.

4 posters

Go down

TV presenter upsets neighbours by flying the Union Jack over her £3,000,000 house.  Empty TV presenter upsets neighbours by flying the Union Jack over her £3,000,000 house.

Post by Syl Mon May 22, 2017 12:32 pm

Holly Willoughby's neighbours are up in arms over the flag she is flying....its lowering the tone of the neighbourhood apparently.

One neighbour said:.... “We don’t hang the Union Jack or St George flag outside our properties, so why should she?
"It’s in one of the most desirable streets, we’re either Conservatives or Liberal Democrats in this area ­traditionally, not BNP.
The resident added: “It’s not really becoming of the area. The house is one of the oldest in the neighbourhood, and has a prominent tower. It’s never had a Union Jack on it before.”

Is being patriotic considered to be the same as being a BNP supporter nowadays?

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/holly-willoughby-falls-foul-of-snobby-neighbours-after-flying-the-flag-for-the-uk/ar-BBBmAec?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

TV presenter upsets neighbours by flying the Union Jack over her £3,000,000 house.  BBBmEnh
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

TV presenter upsets neighbours by flying the Union Jack over her £3,000,000 house.  Empty Re: TV presenter upsets neighbours by flying the Union Jack over her £3,000,000 house.

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 12:41 pm

This is how the Left have made the Union Jack, a symbol of a nation to be associated with racism.

Its not and its time people stopped associating our flag this way

I mean does that mean Mo is now a supporter of the BNP?

TV presenter upsets neighbours by flying the Union Jack over her £3,000,000 house.  Mo_Farah_is_on_course_for_a_place_in_the_record_books___and_a_knighthood

Back to top Go down

TV presenter upsets neighbours by flying the Union Jack over her £3,000,000 house.  Empty Re: TV presenter upsets neighbours by flying the Union Jack over her £3,000,000 house.

Post by Syl Mon May 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Thorin wrote:This is how the Left have made the Union Jack, a symbol of a nation to be associated with racism.

Its not and its time people stopped associating our flag this way

I mean does that mean Mo is now a supporter of the BNP?

TV presenter upsets neighbours by flying the Union Jack over her £3,000,000 house.  Mo_Farah_is_on_course_for_a_place_in_the_record_books___and_a_knighthood

The Union Jack is our national flag, other countries are not ashamed of their national symbols why should we be?
I doubt the vast majority see the flag as anything to do with racism in the way it's now interpreted by the very few.

I hope she keeps it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 22, 2017 1:02 pm

Some people are just petty, whiny whingebuckets.
They need some real life problems.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon May 22, 2017 3:56 pm

When I lived in Sausalito, I lived on a prominent hill and I flew the Saint Andrews flag.  

TV presenter upsets neighbours by flying the Union Jack over her £3,000,000 house.  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjUy75hMDyipgiLj31SvZbyHGqzQPk8J3oI9dv5GAl71RqOC3E

Had a similar complaint, but it came to nothing. Let 'em bitch...if it's perfectly legal, nothing they can do.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon May 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Aww I luv Holly, she's a people person, not the sort to deliberately get embroiled in any controversy. It's probably the husband who made this decision and she feels obliged to stand by him?

1. Maybe the neighbours are mostly Jewish  - the bnp has a very strong anti-Semitic element.

2. Yes it's wrong to associate the Union Jack with the bnp, which is why those who are known to be extreme far right should be challenged when they wrap themselves in the UJ, and pretend that the bnp is what the UJ is all about.

Reclaim the union jack from the bnp (it ain't their property) so that all genuine patriots can use it without any controversy.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 6:18 pm

Jules wrote:Aww I luv Holly, she's a people person, not the sort to deliberately get embroiled in any controversy. It's probably the husband who made this decision and she feels obliged to stand by him?

1. Maybe the neighbours are mostly Jewish  - the bnp has a very strong anti-Semitic element.

2. Yes it's wrong to associate the Union Jack with the bnp, which is why those who are known to be extreme far right should be challenged when they wrap themselves in the UJ, and pretend that the bnp is what the UJ is all about.

Reclaim the union jack from the bnp (it ain't their property) so that all genuine patriots can use it without any controversy.

How about this is some lefties being ridiculous?

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon May 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Thorin wrote:
Jules wrote:Aww I luv Holly, she's a people person, not the sort to deliberately get embroiled in any controversy. It's probably the husband who made this decision and she feels obliged to stand by him?

NO !

The link said they were Conservatives (and some Liberal democrats too - VERY wealthy ones who can afford multimillion pound homes)

Hardly 'lefties' by any stretch .... and the Conservatives and Libdems were in bed together after the last election.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 6:40 pm

Jules wrote:
Thorin wrote:

NO !

The link said they were Conservatives (and some Liberal democrats too - VERY wealthy ones who can afford multimillion pound homes)

Hardly 'lefties'  by any stretch ....  and the Conservatives and Libdems were in bed together after the last election.

So you are claiming there is no wealthy lefities?

behave

This was beyond doubt lefties

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon May 22, 2017 6:57 pm

OK, tell you what, let's just have our differing opinions, Thorin - I don't mind.  Smile  

The neighbours themselves say they are tories and their bedfellows, the libdems. If you wish to call them lefties, please yourself.

If extreme RW anti-Semitic, bigoted  activists did not have the unfortunate habit of using the Union Jack for their cause and pretending the flag is their exclusive property, then there wouldn't be all this confusion.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon May 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Of course a simple explanation for Holly and her hubby flying the UJ flag is that maybe  ...... they are fed up of seeing HUGE swathes of prime estate properties in London being sold off to wealthy billionaire oligarchs from China, Russia, Khazakstan, Kyrszystan and other satellite states - cos it's a flipping epidemic.

Last edited by Jules on Mon May 22, 2017 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Jules wrote:OK, tell you what, let's just have our differing opinions, Thorin - I don't mind.  Smile  

The neighbours themselves say they are tories and their bedfellows, the libdems. If you wish to call them lefties, please yourself.

If extreme RW anti-Semitic, bigoted  activists did not have the unfortunate habit of using the Union Jack for their cause and pretending the flag is their exclusive property, then there wouldn't be all this confusion.

That is not what was said..

There is no doubt this was lefties.

I would be amazed if a Tory complained at the British flag flying.

This is something the PC brigade would do

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon May 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Thorin wrote:

Just because you would be amazed if something happened does not mean it would not happen. After all you are not the centre of the universe.

It was the people themselves who said they were Tory's, not me.

Bye for now, might return later if I have time.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Jules wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Just because you would be amazed if something happened does not mean it would not happen. After all you are not the centre of the universe.

It was the people themselves who said they were Tory's, not me.

Bye for now, might return later  if I have time.

I don't have to be the centre of the universe to understand the kind of person who would associate the Union jack with the BNP.

Its called having common sense and understanding only some wet PC lefty would claim such a thing

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 22, 2017 7:44 pm

It's probably the husband who made this decision and she feels obliged to stand by him?

"Aw bless her! She's too cute to have her own opinion! It must be her husband that made her do it!"
What??? Do you realise how patronising that sounds?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon May 22, 2017 8:36 pm

eddie wrote:

It's probably the husband who made this decision and she feels obliged to stand by him?

"Aw bless her! She's too cute to have her own opinion! It must be her husband that made her do it!"
What??? Do you realise how patronising that sounds?

Gosh! Eddie I don't know what you got for your last Christmas pressie, but it clearly wasn't a dictionary.  I wrote ''probably'' (inferring uncertainty) and you made the quantum leap to  ''must'' (certainty )which is practically the opposite of what I meant.

No, it wasn't Holly's cuteness that appeals to me, at all. It's her intuitive understanding of people,  and instinctively knowing what is inside people's hearts before they speak, and her ability to put everyone at ease, that I like.

As for her blindly obeying her hubby, no, I'm sure there are an equal number of times when he goes along with her wishes  just to keep the peace, I feel her marriage is quite balanced in that respect.

As you were ...

Last edited by Jules on Mon May 22, 2017 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon May 22, 2017 8:43 pm

Oh and if I can post another opinion without being told off - ----

I have another theory that because the neighbours objected to Holly & her hubby having a building extension, and complained about loud parties, maybe the hubby decided to put up the flag just cos they thought it would piss off the neighbours.

When you are refused planning permission for such a major project, bang goes all your dreams, it's a nasty blow.

Just a theory!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down