NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This House Believes The Left is Losing Its Way | Cambridge Union

Go down

This House Believes The Left is Losing Its Way | Cambridge Union Empty This House Believes The Left is Losing Its Way | Cambridge Union

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:56 pm

Developments since 2015 have seen radical shifts in the Left in the UK and across the world. The Labour Party’s change of leadership was presaged by a huge increase in the grassroots party membership. Momentum has emerged. All this is part of a wider phenomenon within the international political Left, from the emergence of Podemos in Spain, Syriza in Greece or even the Our Revolution movement in America, spearheaded by Senator Bernie Sanders. For some this new left is backward looking and conservative, for others it is a new, exciting and radical movement. Most of these new movements have emerged first from splinter groups within social democratic parties – some say this evolution is essential for these parties to survive, others say it is the cause of their decline. So has the Left gone off the rails, or is this its most exciting development yet?

Back to top Go down

This House Believes The Left is Losing Its Way | Cambridge Union Empty Re: This House Believes The Left is Losing Its Way | Cambridge Union

Post by nicko Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:51 am

The Left is losing it's way ? or the Left are losing it's way. Witch is correct ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

This House Believes The Left is Losing Its Way | Cambridge Union Empty Re: This House Believes The Left is Losing Its Way | Cambridge Union

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:18 am

nicko wrote:The Left is losing it's way ?   or the Left are losing it's way.  Witch is correct ?

I think all are wrong

It should be "The left Has lost its way"

Worth watching just to see the stupidity of the proponents of the Far left here in this debate.

I now understand based on the fragility of these poor petals, why they are so easily persuaded by marxism

Its now easier for leftist teachers to manipulate the most fragile students with such claptrap

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:46 am

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:39 pm

Thor wrote:Developments since 2015 have seen radical shifts in the Left in the UK and across the world. The Labour Party’s change of leadership was presaged by a huge increase in the grassroots party membership. Momentum has emerged. All this is part of a wider phenomenon within the international political Left, from the emergence of Podemos in Spain, Syriza in Greece or even the Our Revolution movement in America, spearheaded by Senator Bernie Sanders. For some this new left is backward looking and conservative, for others it is a new, exciting and radical movement. Most of these new movements have emerged first from splinter groups within social democratic parties – some say this evolution is essential for these parties to survive, others say it is the cause of their decline. So has the Left gone off the rails, or is this its most exciting development yet?

Gabriel Osborne

Engaging, brought up a lot of relevant points

Aaron Bastani

rambled and just splurged out percentages which bored me - also sounded really sniffy when Brexit was mentioned

Flora Bowen

ok, but something went wrong with the sound

owen doodah

far left, reminded me of Owen Jones - ok but not inspiring

that eddie bloke was good

so what was the result?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:11 pm

No idea Gelico

When I find out, I wll of course left you know

Good points by the way

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down