NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asda criticised over sweatshirt that 'perpetuates rape culture'

2 posters

Go down

Asda criticised over sweatshirt that 'perpetuates rape culture' Empty Asda criticised over sweatshirt that 'perpetuates rape culture'

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 12:28 pm

Asda criticised over sweatshirt that 'perpetuates rape culture' Post0-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqnA9-16aLB235wrV1zAnDun6ANoJvNEGFAOIeWhSyMtg

A children's sweatshirt sold by supermarket chain Asda has sparked an online row after a shopper deemed its slogan to be sexist. 

"Quite literally gobsmacked and raging to see this in Asda Huntly," wrote Debbie Dee in a Facebook post, picturing the blue top bearing the slogan 'Boys Will Be Boys.'

The sweatshirt, priced at £4, prompted Ms Dee's ire as she deemend the phrase to be "very problematic".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/asda-criticised-sweatshirt-perpetuates-rape-culture/

The only thing problematic is how  some people see wrong in everything.

I mean was the intent here to offend or perpetuate a rape culture?

No

Back to top Go down

Asda criticised over sweatshirt that 'perpetuates rape culture' Empty Re: Asda criticised over sweatshirt that 'perpetuates rape culture'

Post by Syl Mon May 22, 2017 12:37 pm

For goodness sake, some people need to get a life and stop nit picking at everything. Rolling Eyes
If she sees the word "BOYS" and thinks of rape, I think she has a problem that needs sorting.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Asda criticised over sweatshirt that 'perpetuates rape culture' Empty Re: Asda criticised over sweatshirt that 'perpetuates rape culture'

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Syl wrote:For goodness sake, some people need to get a life and stop nit picking at everything. Rolling Eyes
If she sees the word "BOYS" and thinks of rape, I think she has a problem that needs sorting.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon May 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:For goodness sake, some people need to get a life and stop nit picking at everything. Rolling Eyes

+1

Thanks Thor.
Her attitude is a lot more disturbing than the slogan...which is harmless by anyones standards. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 22, 2017 1:26 pm

I bet she doesn't shave her legs.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down