NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VET FEES

5 posters

Go down

VET FEES Empty VET FEES

Post by nicko Sat May 13, 2017 4:10 pm

My Daughters dog snapped off a tooth yesterday, the Vet wanted £290 to extract the remainder ! I have heard many talk about the prices Vets charge. Because we love our pets we pay some outrages prices for treatment, I think we are being ripped off by some Vets.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

VET FEES Empty Re: VET FEES

Post by Original Quill Sat May 13, 2017 5:13 pm

The honest answer is no one should be making a profit on health, life or death.  That includes animals.

As long as health and vet care gets distributed by the free market, services will go only to those who can afford it.  The wealthy will get to live and thrive, and the poor will be left to the trash heap.  This goes for their pets, too.

It's my honest belief that no health services should be left to profit centers.  We don't leave our military defenses to market avarice.  Why do we do this with the other threat to life and limb?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat May 13, 2017 5:24 pm

VET FEES 1284863816

Fees charged by Vets, doctors, dentists, chiropractors, physio's and other health professionals are often 'out of kilter' and disproportionate to the services offered;  especially when compared to depressed incomes and "average" wages in the current corparitist economic climate...

Along with extortionate prices for some medications, the OTT pricing for many doctors and dentists means that many procedures would be out of the question without some form of NHS/Medicare cover or health insurance --  and even then, many treatments are still only available to the wealthy minority..       VET FEES 1399249160
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat May 13, 2017 6:36 pm

A broken tooth might not seem like too big a deal... but for vet to deal with it, its an operation that has to be done under gen anesthetic... which means dog has to be admitted into vet kennels for at least 12 hours before op, then prepared/cleaned up ready for op, then knocked out by the anesthetist for the vet to then start work... no doubt there would be 2 or 3 other assistants in op theater too... all need paying, and all surgical equipment/instruments used need sterilising or being disposed of and replaced by new every operation too, and that all costs money as well... then its more time in kennels for recovery time, more cost... then any medication needed at more cost...

It all adds up...

However... if you are unemployed or on a low income then you can get your pet treated for free at the local PDSA...!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat May 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:A broken tooth might not seem like too big a deal... but for vet to deal with it, its an operation that has to be done under gen anesthetic... which means dog has to be admitted into vet kennels for at least 12 hours before op, then prepared/cleaned up ready for op, then knocked out by the anesthetist for the vet to then start work... no doubt there would be 2 or 3 other assistants in op theater too... all need paying, and all surgical equipment/instruments used need sterilising or being disposed of and replaced by new every operation too, and that all costs money as well... then its more time in kennels for recovery time, more cost... then any medication needed at more cost...

It all adds up...

However... if you are unemployed or on a low income then you can get your pet treated for free at the local PDSA...!!!

As it should be. If we can pay for these silly wars, we can pay for health...even for pets.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat May 13, 2017 8:03 pm

MY local PDSA is 15 miles away, When you get there you wait for hours to be seen together with a room full of other animals, the noise is deafening, about like our A@E Departments ! As usual I will pay for our local Vet to do it. When I made the appointment the receptionist said she'd made a mistake with the price, it should have been £410!!!!!!
Fcuking hell IT IS A RIP OFF.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun May 14, 2017 12:04 am

nicko wrote:MY local PDSA is 15 miles away,   When you get there you wait for hours to be seen together with a room full of other animals, the noise is deafening, about like our A@E Departments !  As usual I will pay for our local Vet to do it.   When I made the appointment the receptionist said she'd made a mistake with the price,  it should have been £410!!!!!!
Fcuking hell IT IS A RIP OFF.

Shop around. Some vets charge extortionate prices and others are more reasonable.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down