NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Jeremy Corbyn 'do a Nick Clegg' on tuition fees?

2 posters

Go down

Could Jeremy Corbyn 'do a Nick Clegg' on tuition fees? Empty Could Jeremy Corbyn 'do a Nick Clegg' on tuition fees?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:59 pm

Could Jeremy Corbyn 'do a Nick Clegg' on tuition fees? Corbyn_3459241b

Jeremy Corbyn has shelved his plans to scrap tuition fees amid mounting concerns that he could be forced to backtrack on one of his key policies.
The Labour leader pledged during the Labour leadership campaign that he would raise £10billion through higher taxes so he could end fees and restore grants.
However it yesterday emerged that the issue will now be consulted on more widely with the party, prompting fears that it could be significantly watered down.
The decision by Nick Clegg, the former Liberal Democrat leader, to abandon his pledge to scrap tuition fees when he entered the Coalition led to the party's wipeout at the election.

It would represent the latest of a series of u-turns by Mr Corbyn after he was forced to abandon several of his key pledges including nationalising energy companies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/Jeremy_Corbyn/11905514/Could-Jeremy-Corbyn-do-a-Nick-Clegg-on-tuition-fees.html

Back to top Go down

Could Jeremy Corbyn 'do a Nick Clegg' on tuition fees? Empty Re: Could Jeremy Corbyn 'do a Nick Clegg' on tuition fees?

Post by Irn Bru Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:19 am

What an absolute load of rubish of an article from the Tory attack dogs. Jeremy Cotbyn has repeatedly said that he is not a dictator and that the policy will not be decided by him alone but he would hope to persuade the party to adopt some of the policies that he would like to see.
That's what happens in other parties. Remember David Cameron saying there will be no EU referendum as long as he is Prime Minister?

Now he's guaranteeing one Laughing

Same with same sex marraige. He was against it in opposition but couldn't get it through fast enough - thanks to Labour.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Could Jeremy Corbyn 'do a Nick Clegg' on tuition fees? Empty Re: Could Jeremy Corbyn 'do a Nick Clegg' on tuition fees?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:26 am

And none of his suggestions have been abandoned, just put up for discussions.  What is it about the sheep that makes them so scared of democracy in action?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:34 am

is there any real surprise??

corbyn is a rabble rouser, a dreamer,an idealist

he ie being set up as a patsy, no one really thought he could do the job of the leader of the opposition

egg on face for labour voters

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:45 am

I just find it quite peculiar that for such a long time we have all moaned that politicians are all the same, noses in the trough and the only difference is the colour of the tie. The only people that could influence policy are those that could afford to.
Jeremy Corbyn has said from the get go that he is not a dictator, all views will be heard and will count. Democracy. Yet he is vilified for that?
I might not agree with all of his policies, but I know conviction when I see it. A change is gonna come, and for some reason some people are now deciding they prefer the status quo of spin, lies, cronyism and the Im alright Jack attitude. Can anyone honestly say, hand on heart, that David Cameron, pig molester extraordinaire, is a man of conviction and principal?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:51 am

And he most definitely has not dropped the abolishing of tuition fees, yet again the Tory press telling lies, it has yet to be debated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:53 am

Nems wrote:I just find it quite peculiar that for such a long time we have all moaned that politicians are all the same, noses in the trough and the only difference is the colour of the tie. The only people that could influence policy are those that could afford to.
Jeremy Corbyn has said from the get go that he is not a dictator, all views will be heard and will count. Democracy. Yet he is vilified for that?
I might not agree with all of his policies, but I know conviction when I see it. A change is gonna come, and for some reason some people are now deciding they prefer the status quo of spin, lies, cronyism and the Im alright Jack attitude. Can anyone honestly say, hand on heart, that David Cameron, pig molester extraordinaire, is a man of conviction and principal?  

Greeni given.  Absolutely right

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:02 am

Nems wrote:I just find it quite peculiar that for such a long time we have all moaned that politicians are all the same, noses in the trough and the only difference is the colour of the tie. The only people that could influence policy are those that could afford to.

ISIS jihadists are men of conviction

Hitler was also a man of conviction nems doesnt make them noble or the kind of people you want to invite for dinner does it???

conviction has the potential to be just as dangerous and evil as it has to be good and kind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:05 am

I don't mind if Corbyn is a man of conviction as long as he doesn't lie about his conviction or try to spin it. Then people know whether they want to support him or not. He has tried a bit of spin about his alleged support for the IRA, so people will form their own conclusions about that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down