NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother posts intimate photo baring her post-baby 'saggy belly' as she breastfeeds in the bath to encourage other women to feel confident about the 'power' of female bodies

+2
eddie
HoratioTarr
6 posters

Go down

Mother posts intimate photo baring her post-baby 'saggy belly' as she breastfeeds in the bath to encourage other women to feel confident about the 'power' of female bodies Empty Mother posts intimate photo baring her post-baby 'saggy belly' as she breastfeeds in the bath to encourage other women to feel confident about the 'power' of female bodies

Post by HoratioTarr Wed May 03, 2017 1:42 pm

There seems to be  a trend of women getting naked to 'encourage' others to think more positively about their bodies.   Childbirth can wreak havoc with your figure, and most women know this from bitter experience.   But do we really need to see this kind of thing to convince us that it's ok?   Would you get your bits out to share with others so they could feel better about themselves?   Or do you think it would make no difference?

A mother hoping to encourage other women to feel more confident about their post-baby bodies has published an intimate photograph breastfeeding naked in the bath whilst revealing her 'saggy belly'.
Emmy Waller, 26, decided to take a photograph of her breastfeeding 12-week-old Alice in celebration of her being able to still feed the baby despite her battling difficulties and jaundice.
The image shows Emmy cradling Alice's tiny body as she feeds - and the proud mum makes no attempt to hide her 'stretch marks' and 'big belly'.

Mother posts intimate photo baring her post-baby 'saggy belly' as she breastfeeds in the bath to encourage other women to feel confident about the 'power' of female bodies 3FE3205B00000578-4468896-image-a-1_1493800822251

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4468896/Mother-posts-photo-baring-post-baby-saggy-belly.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mother posts intimate photo baring her post-baby 'saggy belly' as she breastfeeds in the bath to encourage other women to feel confident about the 'power' of female bodies Empty Re: Mother posts intimate photo baring her post-baby 'saggy belly' as she breastfeeds in the bath to encourage other women to feel confident about the 'power' of female bodies

Post by eddie Wed May 03, 2017 3:50 pm

I often find Facebook full of women posting about "it's okay to look like this!" alongside a photo of women of various sizes and proportions.
These same women, however, post photos of topless "muscly" men and say "Oh, if only all men looked like this!"

Stupid and ignorant. I wish they'd just shut up and get on with it. Whatever that is.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Mother posts intimate photo baring her post-baby 'saggy belly' as she breastfeeds in the bath to encourage other women to feel confident about the 'power' of female bodies Empty Re: Mother posts intimate photo baring her post-baby 'saggy belly' as she breastfeeds in the bath to encourage other women to feel confident about the 'power' of female bodies

Post by nicko Wed May 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Who's eaten all the pies?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 03, 2017 5:05 pm

nicko wrote:Who's eaten all the pies?

LMAO Who indeed?
lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed May 03, 2017 5:11 pm

It seems to me, joking aside, that these women post such pics of themselves in order to feel better about themselves, under the guise of helping others.   Why on earth would any woman want to post to the whole world wide web her overweight naked body unless she's hoping for people to rise up and cry....'But you're beautiful!'.    She probably is beautiful to her husband and loved ones, but to be honest Joe Public really don't want to look at her.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed May 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:

LMAO   Who indeed?
lol!

Fattist!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 03, 2017 6:57 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

LMAO   Who indeed?
lol!

Fattist!

There's a fine line between bigoted discrimination and healthy discrimination.  As I approach the ebb of my time, my doctors explain to me the things I did wrong...many of which could have been prevented.  

In California--though it may be called prejudice--we have open campaigns against smoking, sugar-loaded soft drinks, fat cakes, etc.  Perhaps it's overreaction, but it's in the right direction.

This young mother is still able to amend her ways, if she gets the message.  Just as surgery cuts the body, I'm willing to cut into her ego just a bit if it keeps her alive a little longer.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed May 03, 2017 7:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Fattist!

There's a fine line between bigoted discrimination and healthy discrimination.  As I approach the ebb of my time, my doctors explain to me the things I did wrong...many of which could have been prevented.  

In California--though it may be called prejudice--we have open campaigns against smoking, sugar-loaded soft drinks, fat cakes, etc.  Perhaps it's overreaction, but it's in the right direction.

This young mother is still able to amend her ways, if she gets the message.  Just as surgery cuts the body, I'm willing to cut into her ego just a bit if it keeps her alive a little longer.

I agree with you, and part of my point is that no, it's not OK to be overweight, particularly when you're young. But she probably put weight on due to the baby and most women do that.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed May 03, 2017 7:16 pm

I think this is to make her feel better about herself. Lets face it, no way would I have put a picture of me like that anytime.

We don't all want to see naked bodies of women saying oh its good to be like this, if they like it great, but I don't want to see them.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 03, 2017 8:25 pm

HT wrote:But she probably put weight on due to the baby and most women do that.

Torso weight, yes. But that double-chin, neck, hands and thighs tell a different story.

Other than that, she looks lovely.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed May 03, 2017 8:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HT wrote:But she probably put weight on due to the baby and most women do that.

Torso weight, yes.  But that double-chin, neck, hands and thighs tell a different story.

Why would you only put weight on your torso?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 03, 2017 9:11 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Torso weight, yes.  But that double-chin, neck, hands and thighs tell a different story.

BabyCenter wrote:Pregnancy weight gain--where does it go?

Where Does the Extra Weight Go During Pregnancy?

Baby: 8 pounds
Placenta: 2-3 pounds
Amniotic fluid: 2-3 pounds
Breast tissue: 2-3 pounds
Blood supply: 4 pounds
Stored fat for delivery and breastfeeding: 5-9 pounds
Larger uterus: 2-5 pounds
Total: 25-35 pounds

^^straight from WebMD
https://community.babycenter.com/post/a39054280/pregnancy_weight_gain--where_does_it_go

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed May 03, 2017 9:55 pm

I was going to say, granted she put weight on due to the pregnancy, but I'm willing to bet she wasnt exactly sylph like BEFORE
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 04, 2017 11:08 am

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

BabyCenter wrote:Pregnancy weight gain--where does it go?

Where Does the Extra Weight Go During Pregnancy?

Baby: 8 pounds
Placenta: 2-3 pounds
Amniotic fluid: 2-3 pounds
Breast tissue: 2-3 pounds
Blood supply: 4 pounds
Stored fat for delivery and breastfeeding: 5-9 pounds
Larger uterus: 2-5 pounds
Total: 25-35 pounds

^^straight from WebMD
https://community.babycenter.com/post/a39054280/pregnancy_weight_gain--where_does_it_go

That's if you maintain your weight. Most women don't but lose it afterwards, particularly if they breastfeed.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 04, 2017 11:28 am

There is absolutely no need to put weight on in pregnancy - apart from the weight of the baby and water etc. I didn't.

Some women use it as an excuse to overreat and do nothing. I ate when I was hungry but I ate properly and I went swimming.

Being pregnant does NOT make you fat.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 11:35 am

HoratioTarr wrote:

It seems to me, joking aside, that these women post such pics of themselves in order to feel better about themselves, under the guise of helping others.   Why on earth would any woman want to post to the whole world wide web her overweight naked body unless she's hoping for people to rise up and cry....'But you're beautiful!'.    She probably is beautiful to her husband and loved ones, but to be honest Joe Public really don't want to look at her.

But that is the point, to some people posting themselves is to show they are not ashamed of how they look to encourage others to do the same.
You do realise this is not always about attention and to some its about inspiring others.
What you may feel about how you look is not how others see how it should be
All I ever see is the negative from the women brigade on here when it comes to things about women on here.
Each to their own

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 04, 2017 11:40 am

I'm not being negative. I don't really care that she's posted herself in the bath. I just don't see the point?

We all know beauty is within by now. So I'm not sure what she's trying to convey and I don't much care.

My first post in this thread wasn't really about her but women in general on FB.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 11:42 am

eddie wrote:I'm not being negative. I don't really care that she's posted herself in the bath. I just don't see the point?

We all know beauty is within by now. So I'm not sure what she's trying to convey and I don't much care.

My first post in this thread wasn't really about her but women in general on FB.

Then if you do not care, why make the negative views as you did?

If you do not know, then why are people trying to claim they do know?

I think people need to spend less time bitching about others and take a longer look at themselves.

Anything that is positive to others is good.

If others do not like this, then clearly they are negative.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu May 04, 2017 12:25 pm

A picture of me would show where a few pies went !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 04, 2017 12:59 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:I'm not being negative. I don't really care that she's posted herself in the bath. I just don't see the point?

I think people need to spend less time bitching about others and take a longer look at themselves.

Yeah yeah. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 04, 2017 5:25 pm

Thorin wrote:

So, how about you lead by example, you complete tosser. Rolling Eyes
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 5:26 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Contradiction alert

I admit when I can be out of order, as seen you look to deflect when you bitch about people you have never even met.

Go figure

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 04, 2017 5:34 pm

eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Yeah yeah. Rolling Eyes

He's so predictable. I was wondering how long it would take him to dive in and start blathering on about how we're all such spiteful hags on here. This isn't about how men think we feel or should feel. It's about how, as women, we do feel or not about this photo. And if looking at her makes us feel fine about ourselves or makes us cringe that's up to us not some bloke with delusions of grandeur telling us how we should or should not think.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Thorin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Contradiction alert

I admit when I can be out of order, as seen you look to deflect when you bitch about people you have never even met.

Go figure

You're like the proverbial cracked record....preaching and pontificating and labelling everyone 'immature' when they don't agree with you. Now, do me a huge favour and fuck off and don't engage me in any of your rantings for the future. You bore the arse off me.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 5:49 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Contradiction alert

Go figure

You're like the proverbial cracked record....preaching and pontificating and labelling everyone 'immature' when they don't agree with you.  Now, do me a huge favour and fuck off and don't engage me in any of your rantings for the future.  You bore the arse off me.  

Again I admit my faults

Why do you deflect to others when you are in the wrong?

The point is you posted this to bitch about this girl who was only trying to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 6:11 pm

eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Yeah yeah. Rolling Eyes

Okay Eddie, show me what was positive about the remarks on here towards her?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 04, 2017 6:16 pm

Didge I think Horatio gave a reasonably clear enough explanation and I agree with her.
Just because we aren't exclaiming widely doesn't mean anything. In fact, if we had all gone dolally over her you'd have took the opposite stance.....obviously.

So no, not engaging with you. I don't have to explain myself to you especially when it's pointless.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 6:19 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yeah yeah. Rolling Eyes

He's so predictable.  I was wondering how long it would take him to dive in and start blathering on about how we're all such spiteful hags on here.    This isn't about how men think we feel or should feel.  It's about how, as women, we do feel or not about this photo. And if looking at her makes us feel fine about ourselves or makes us cringe that's up to us not some bloke with delusions of grandeur telling us how we should or should not think.

So let me get this straight, because you are a woman, you are saying you entitled to bitch about her?

Never heard something so ridiculous in all my life

Seriously, is your life going to stop unless you can bitch about her to other women?

I don't think anyone is a spiteful hag, that is you belief clearly. I will however take to task when people are being bitchy.

Do you notice eddie is not going to join you in your bitch about me?

Do you know why?

She at least tries to get on with everyone

Take a leaf out of her book and learn to take criticism

Something many on here are incapable of

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 6:20 pm

eddie wrote:Didge I think Horatio gave a reasonably clear enough explanation and I agree with her.
Just because we aren't exclaiming widely doesn't mean anything. In fact, if we had all gone dolally over her you'd have took the opposite stance.....obviously.

So no, not engaging with you. I don't have to explain myself to you especially when it's pointless.

So how is it reasonable to make assumptions not based on knowing the person as has been done here?

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 04, 2017 6:35 pm

eddie wrote:Didge I think Horatio gave a reasonably clear enough explanation and I agree with her.

You'll notice he hasn't pulled up the two men on here who posted negatively about her... Talk about transparent. Mother posts intimate photo baring her post-baby 'saggy belly' as she breastfeeds in the bath to encourage other women to feel confident about the 'power' of female bodies Happy-smiley05
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 04, 2017 6:45 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

You'll notice he hasn't pulled up the two men on here who posted negatively about her...  Talk about transparent. Mother posts intimate photo baring her post-baby 'saggy belly' as she breastfeeds in the bath to encourage other women to feel confident about the 'power' of female bodies Happy-smiley05

I often pull up Quill but he does not often bitch about other women

Nicko only makes light humour

The ironic part here, is you are happy to bitch about someone who cannot defend themselves, but if I am critical of you, then both of you are  overtly defensive and in your case childish/abusive

Go figure

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down