NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eight-year-old boy learns to drive from YouTube videos, safely drives with his sister to get McDonald's

3 posters

Go down

Eight-year-old boy learns to drive from YouTube videos, safely drives with his sister to get McDonald's Empty Eight-year-old boy learns to drive from YouTube videos, safely drives with his sister to get McDonald's

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:39 pm

An 8-year-old Ohio boy with a craving for a cheeseburger drove himself and his 4-year-old sister to McDonald’s Sunday night after learning how to drive by watching YouTube videos.

Police arrived at the McDonald’s in East Palestine, Ohio, around 8 p.m. Sunday after receiving multiple calls from people who saw the young boy driving, the Weirton Daily Times reported. According to authorities, the children headed to McDonald’s after their parents fell asleep early.

During the mile and a half road trip, the 8-year-old obeyed all traffic laws and drove “effortlessly” through downtown, East Palestine Patrolman Jacob Koehler told the Times.

“He didn’t hit a single thing on the way there. It was unreal,” he said.

The 8-year-old used money from his piggy bank to pay for the food.

“The workers thought that the parents were in the back, but obviously they weren’t,” Koehler said.

A family friend who was inside the restaurant spotted the children and called their grandparent’s, who later picked them up.

No charges were filed and the kids were able to eat their McDonald's while waiting for their grandparents, the Times reported.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/04/13/8-year-old-learns-drive-youtube-heads-mcdonalds/100408432/

Kinda wish Millennials would check out a few of those videos ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Eight-year-old boy learns to drive from YouTube videos, safely drives with his sister to get McDonald's Empty Re: Eight-year-old boy learns to drive from YouTube videos, safely drives with his sister to get McDonald's

Post by eddie Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:45 pm

Wow. I can't even drive properly after having over a million lessons.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Eight-year-old boy learns to drive from YouTube videos, safely drives with his sister to get McDonald's Empty Re: Eight-year-old boy learns to drive from YouTube videos, safely drives with his sister to get McDonald's

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:12 pm

When I was a young kid, my dad used to sometimes take me and my brother to an old abandoned airfield somewhere in North kent, and let us take turns driving his car around the place!!!

My earliest memory of me driving around, I was so young and small that I couldn't reach the pedals with my feet or see over the steering wheel, so my dad would do the pedals while I was sat on his lap doing the steering!!!

But then when I got a little older and bigger, I was doing the whole of the driving... pedals and steering!!!

This was all when I was younger than 10 years old...!

He also used to take us to a place called 'Dave Taylor's' near Dartford, which was a place with offroad motorbike scrambling tracks where we rode trials bikes about!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down