NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of Britain's largest halal slaughterhouses is under investigation over allegations of animal cruelty

3 posters

Go down

One of Britain's largest halal slaughterhouses is under investigation over allegations of animal cruelty Empty One of Britain's largest halal slaughterhouses is under investigation over allegations of animal cruelty

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:11 am

One of the largest halal slaughterhouses in Britain is being investigated over allegations of animal cruelty.
Undercover filming claims to show a slaughterman repeatedly sawing at the necks of sheep with a knife as they pass down a conveyor belt.
The animals appear not to have been killed instantly – as should be the case – and some were seen fitting and jumping as they went down the line.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4391914/Halal-slaughterhouse-investigated-animal-cruelty.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

One of Britain's largest halal slaughterhouses is under investigation over allegations of animal cruelty Empty Re: One of Britain's largest halal slaughterhouses is under investigation over allegations of animal cruelty

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:13 am

Many restaurants such as Pizza Express, KFC and Subway now sell halal meat – mainly chicken – without making it clear on menus. Hundreds of schools have also switched to halal and all the major supermarkets sell New Zealand lamb killed according to halal ritual without declaring it on labels.
The slaughterhouse at Dunnockshaw Farm, near Burnley, is owned by the Malik Food Group, which claims to be ‘the UK’s leading processor of Premium Halal Mutton, Lamb and Beef’.
The company website boasts: ‘Our meat is eaten by millions of consumers every year, and is stocked through the UK by leading retailers.’
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has now launched an inquiry based on the footage. It has taken steps to ban the slaughterman involved and could bring a criminal prosecution

I really think these major food and restaurant chains should declare whether meat is halal or not.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

One of Britain's largest halal slaughterhouses is under investigation over allegations of animal cruelty Empty Re: One of Britain's largest halal slaughterhouses is under investigation over allegations of animal cruelty

Post by stardesk Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:36 am

Hi folks.
You may remember I've complained about this in other topics. Halal
animals have their throats slit instead of slaughtering humanely. Cruel or what? I hope authorities clamp down on this barbaric practice.
stardesk
stardesk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:53 pm

stardesk wrote:Hi folks.
You may remember I've complained about this in other topics. Halal
animals have their throats slit instead of slaughtering humanely. Cruel or what? I hope authorities clamp down on this barbaric practice.

With all the hoo hah about animals and cosmetics, etc, I can't understand why our slaughter houses are not more stringently regulated. There should be CCTV in all of them, and regular random checks. At least treat the poor creatures with some respect before killing them, and keep their fear and distress to an absolute minimum.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:56 pm

H/T, who is the photo of?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down