NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

+3
'Wolfie
eddie
Syl
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights - Page 2 Empty Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

A Sky News Australia host has been fired after he called a high school student “gay” for supporting women’s rights. Mark Latham, former leader of the Australian Labor Party, was sacked after an on-air discussion about an International Women’s Day video created by pupils at Sydney Boys High School. In the video, male pupils read statements from women and girls about why feminism is important to them. But in a chat with ‘Outsiders’ co-host Ross Cameron, Latham attacked the boys, saying they had made themselves “undateable because “left [leaning] women think they are hopeless, misogynists, toxic culture”. 

“And sensible girls out in the suburbs would think they’re absolutely wallies.”
The 56-year-old then added: “I thought the first guy was gay. Maybe that’s all they’ve got left now.”
In a statement on Twitter, CEO of Australian News Channel Angelos Frangopoulos said: “While we support strong opinions and robust arguments we pride ourselves in doing so in a civil and respectful manner.”  

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mark-latham-sacked-sky-news-student-gay-womens-rights_uk_58dbc3bce4b0cb23e65d42e9?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:49 pm

Syl wrote:Has everyone missed the point or have I interpreted the video wrongly?

The boy is not saying a guy wanted to have sex with him, he is quoting a womans words, like they all are.

+1 

Night Syl

See you tomorrow

x

Back to top Go down

Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Syl Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:Has everyone missed the point or have I interpreted the video wrongly?

The boy is not saying a guy wanted to have sex with him, he is quoting a womans words, like they all are.

Yes Syl - just having a bit of fun. Laughing

Oh right.....I thought some were thinking that was the boys own words, obviously they were all quoting statements that women had made.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:55 pm

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/backlash-as-sydney-girls-high-school-responds-to-t/
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:56 pm

Thorin wrote:

+1 

Night Syl

See you tomorrow

x

Night Thor, sleep well.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:02 pm

Thorin wrote:

.....  night Jules

All the best

Thanks again Thor. Goodnight, I'm off too!  flower

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:23 pm

Jules wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Isn't that just complete sexist drivel...!?

You clearly assume that all women/mothers are 'considerate and thoughtful' and no men/fathers are such... as well as assuming that 'considerate and thoughtful' are traits that no man could possibly inherently possess themselves, but are traits that can only be 'learned'... and then only learned from a mother???!!!

What a twat!!!

lol!

Strange that you get so excited when I wasn't even addressing you. You even lowered yourself to using the SXHRB comeback you're normally so snobbish about. Let alone the juvenile name callling.

Maybe there is something in my original comment that is close to home eh Tommy?  Close to home as in spot on, you know, as in .... >> >>

Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights - Page 2 Bright10

Hmmmm.

As you clearly don't comprehend the blatancy of your own hypocrisy... it is no surprise to see that irony and satire are also beyond you... especially as you fail to recognise even the most simplest of deliberately worded sarcasm...!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:35 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes Syl - just having a bit of fun. Laughing

Oh right.....I thought some were thinking that was the boys own words, obviously they were all quoting statements that women had made.

I don't think there was any mention of who's words were being said, in the original 'boys school' video...

So how would anyone know the statements made were not their own...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:42 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Jules wrote:

Strange that you get so excited when I wasn't even addressing you. You even lowered yourself to using the SXHRB comeback you're normally so snobbish about. Let alone the juvenile name callling.

Maybe there is something in my original comment that is close to home eh Tommy?  Close to home as in spot on, you know, as in .... >> >>

Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights - Page 2 Bright10

Hmmmm.

As you clearly don't comprehend the blatancy of your own hypocrisy... it is no surprise to see that irony and satire are also beyond you... especially as you fail to recognise even the most simplest of deliberately worded sarcasm...!

lol!

I knew what you meant Tommy, but it went over the heads of others. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:04 am

Tommy Monk wrote:https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/content/backlash-as-sydney-girls-high-school-responds-to-t/

So the schoolgirls gripe is that they never made a video and failed to post one themselves and are complaining that the male video took off, claiming theirs would not due to sexism? 

That is the gist of their complaint. 

Which begs the question.

Why did they not make one?

Or not make one now?

Is still not the boys video furthering championing their cause?

So now the girls school have the limelight, why are they not showing the views of many of the schoolgirls?

How is it still acceptable for a news reporter to cast people as gay simply for how they look?

So you are basically trying to defend the reporter for his bigotry.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:03 am

cyclops

Re: Tommy Twatface's strange 'waffling' obsession with young men looking or sounding "gay"...

Let's all not forget, that those who possess such unnatural obsessions as Tommy does, like their fellow gay bashers are often found to be "closet" homosexuals themselves..

Do you really have such low self esteem, such a poor self image, so much apparent insecurity in your own sexuality, that you so constantly find yourself struggling with these weird and 'waffling' obsessions, that you feel you must attack so many minority groups on here, poor little scared Tommykins  ?          Question
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:10 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:cyclops

Re: Tommy Twatface's strange 'waffling' obsession with young men looking or sounding "gay"...

Let's all not forget, that those who possess such unnatural obsessions as Tommy does, like their fellow gay bashers are often found to be "closet" homosexuals themselves..

Do you really have such low self esteem, such a poor self image, so much apparent insecurity in your own sexuality, that you so constantly find yourself struggling with these weird and 'waffling' obsessions, that you feel you must attack so many minority groups on here, poor little scared Tommykins  ?          Question

How about you stick to the topic instead of jumping in to bitch about another poster?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:12 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

How about you stick to the topic instead of jumping in to bitch about another poster?

Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights - Page 2 88aa5a9708fe10faa3529b8420fc07aa

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:41 am

Laughing

Poor old Raggamuffin...

Must be getting lonely down there, with her head stuck up her backside so often..

Never mind that I had already commented on this topic yesterday --  well before either her or poor li'l Tiommy had made any intelligent comments..

And, both Ragg's and Tommy were "off topic" before now --  does that mean that I was being off topic about an off topic comment.  If a negative times a negative  gives a positive result, does that mean that I was then back "on topic"  ?           Razz
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:49 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Laughing

Poor old Raggamuffin...

Must be getting lonely down there, with her head stuck up her backside so often..

Never mind that I had already commented on this topic yesterday --  well before either her or poor li'l Tiommy had made any intelligent comments..

And, both Ragg's and Tommy were "off topic" before now --  does that mean that I was being off topic about an off topic comment.  If a negative times a negative  gives a positive result, does that mean that I was then back "on topic"  ?           Razz

Your post yesterday was so inane that it barely counted. Today is a new day, and you jumped in merely to exhibit your usual childish agenda of bitching about other posters. Tommy is far more intelligent than you, and his debating style is far superior to your trolling. Cool
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:56 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

lol!

I knew what you meant Tommy, but it went over the heads of others. Laughing

It's a bit too highbrow for some here Raggs!!!

They clearly don't do 'subtle'... as the picture above shows...

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:59 am

Oh dear...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:35 am

Cool

With the amount of 'tag teaming' that Ragg's and TommyTwatFace have going on here today, those two should consider going into professional wrestling...

Along with 'Tommy's Hot Waffles Shop' they should be set for life..

tongue
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:37 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Cool

With the amount of 'tag teaming' that Ragg's and TommyTwatFace have going on here today,  those two should consider going into professional wrestling...

tongue

I have noticed the poor attempts to gang up on you and how and why does Rags always excuse Tommy's bigotry towards homosexuals.

I think part is very easy to figure out why

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:51 am

With the amount of 'tag teaming' that Ragg's and TommyTwatFace have going on here today,  those two should consider going into professional wrestling...

tongue

Didge is tag-teaming with you - I expect you'll tell him off for that as you don't approve. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:53 am

Raggamuffin wrote:

tongue

Didge is tag-teaming with you - I expect you'll tell him off for that as you don't approve. Laughing

How is asking Wolf reasonable questions tag teaming?

You always fail to condemn tommy's bigotry

That is a known fact

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:56 am

There was no question from Didge, just a tag-teaming expedition.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:57 am

Raggamuffin wrote:There was no question from Didge, just a tag-teaming expedition.

"and why does Rags always excuse Tommy's bigotry towards homosexuals."

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:04 pm

Where is this 'bigotry towards homosexuals' that you claim i am responsible for on this thread ...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:07 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The boy was saying there was a guy who decided that he would have sex with him... but he didn't want to...

Which leaves open the possibility that had he wanted to, he would have... or that had it been a different guy then that would also be a consideration for him...

Latham said he thought that boy sounded like he might have been gay... because he was talking about maybe having gay sex with men!!!

That is a perfectly reasonable assumption based on the statement made by the boy himself!!!

And the context of the show was to make light hearted humour about pc nonsense...!!!

Job done!!!

Not a sacking offence by any measure!!!

Tommy defends bigotry

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Where is this 'bigotry towards homosexuals' that you claim i am responsible for on this thread ...!?

I didn't see any - I just saw you explaining the context to the issue.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:11 pm

A question usually has a question mark at the end. Didge needs to go back to school - if he was ever there in the first place.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:A question usually has a question mark at the end. Didge needs to go back to school - if he was ever there in the first place.

So you are a grammar nazi

Which you admit to being wrong as it was a question then

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Where is this 'bigotry towards homosexuals' that you claim i am responsible for on this thread ...!?

I didn't see any - I just saw you explaining the context to the issue.

By defending the Bigoted commentator claiming its not a sacking offense to demean people.

Like I said, would you be happy, if all posters called you a lesbian?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:14 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:The boy was saying there was a guy who decided that he would have sex with him... but he didn't want to...

Which leaves open the possibility that had he wanted to, he would have... or that had it been a different guy then that would also be a consideration for him...

Latham said he thought that boy sounded like he might have been gay... because he was talking about maybe having gay sex with men!!!

That is a perfectly reasonable assumption based on the statement made by the boy himself!!!

And the context of the show was to make light hearted humour about pc nonsense...!!!

Job done!!!

Not a sacking offence by any measure!!!

Tommy defends bigotry

It's not bigotry to say that you thought a lad talking about having sex with a man, might have been gay!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Tommy defends bigotry

It's not bigotry to say that you thought a lad talking about having sex with a man, might have been gay!!!

No it's not. It's just some posters trying to bait you Tommy.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Tommy defends bigotry

Really, so you are happy for me to call you gay then?

A back door man?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Yes... I think dodge is a little bit upset that I have shown up another huff and puff story to be lies and spin waffle!!!

The video I posted up shows exactly what went on... and is... most amusing!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:21 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes... I think dodge is a little bit upset that I have shown up another huff and puff story to be lies and spin waffle!!!

The video I posted up shows exactly what went on... and is... most amusing!!!

lol!

So Thorin is very happy Tommy keeps misdirecting and avoiding many of my poss and points

Tommy is begging for support again lol

There was no lie, the news reporter was bigoted and rightly sacked.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:22 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

A back door man?

If I was on a video clip saying what that twat said... I would not be at all surprised if some people thought I was a wooly woofter...!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

A back door man?

If I was on a video clip saying what that twat said... I would not be at all surprised if some people thought I was a wooly woofter...!!!

lol!

So you now believe he should have been sacked and are happy for people to know and understanding you have finally come out of the closet

Well done tommy

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:26 pm

Twisting again dodge...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Twisting again dodge...

Oooooooo someone is upset ha ha ha ha

Time for your nap me thinks

Smile

Have a lovely day, see you later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:30 pm

The only person who is upset on here is you dodge!!!

Something the rest of us find to be...

Most amusing!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:33 pm

Indeed it is. Didge's twisting of words is always entertaining. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:37 pm

Yes... a joy to behold... he is the gift that keeps on giving!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:39 pm

lol!

Bless the two forum toddlers, backing each other for support

Priceless

Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights - Page 2 A429ccf6ca6cf46b9d7ca761f83331b7_j-jonah-jameson-busting-up-laughing-gif-meme_528-229

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:44 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

I don't think there was any mention of who's words were being said, in the original 'boys school' video...

Tommy, the article about the video plainly says.

"In the video, male pupils read statements from women and girls about why feminism is important to them"

They were not talking about themselves.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Sorry to interrupt the bitch fight with a simple fact....as you were. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:48 pm

Syl wrote:Sorry to interrupt the bitch fight with a simple fact....as you were. Razz

Your facts were very apt.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:49 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

"In the video, male pupils read statements from women and girls about why feminism is important to them"

The article does explain that... but was that explained in the original video...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:52 pm

The title of the thread is very misleading - he clearly didn't call the chap "gay" because he was supporting women's rights.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:53 pm

Huff and puff lies and spin waffle...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:55 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Huff and puff lies and spin waffle...!

How is it lies?

You are just pissed a fellow bigot was rightly sacked

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

The article does explain that... but was that explained in the original video...?

Yes, if you watch the video after the first lad has spoken the words come up saying...

"We asked the women in our lives why feminism is important to them...this is what they said"
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next