NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

+3
'Wolfie
eddie
Syl
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights - Page 3 Empty Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Guest Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

A Sky News Australia host has been fired after he called a high school student “gay” for supporting women’s rights. Mark Latham, former leader of the Australian Labor Party, was sacked after an on-air discussion about an International Women’s Day video created by pupils at Sydney Boys High School. In the video, male pupils read statements from women and girls about why feminism is important to them. But in a chat with ‘Outsiders’ co-host Ross Cameron, Latham attacked the boys, saying they had made themselves “undateable because “left [leaning] women think they are hopeless, misogynists, toxic culture”. 

“And sensible girls out in the suburbs would think they’re absolutely wallies.”
The 56-year-old then added: “I thought the first guy was gay. Maybe that’s all they’ve got left now.”
In a statement on Twitter, CEO of Australian News Channel Angelos Frangopoulos said: “While we support strong opinions and robust arguments we pride ourselves in doing so in a civil and respectful manner.”  

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mark-latham-sacked-sky-news-student-gay-womens-rights_uk_58dbc3bce4b0cb23e65d42e9?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by JulesV Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

If I was on a video clip saying what that twat said... I would not be at all surprised if some people thought I was a wooly woofter...!!!

lol!

God give me stregth!!  Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights - Page 3 2396444674  This thread is nothing to do with homosexuality ffs. The first boy who spoke made it sound that way cos he talked about sleeping with a man ... but by the time the 2nd or 3rd boy spoke it was DEAD OBVIOUS that they were, role-playing, ie speaking as girls.  I think you were the only person who was fooled. Maybe the lads should have said something about their menstrual periods to clear the doubt completely, for the hard of thinking.

''Wooly woofter''???  I've heard of forums where people are banned for less insulting names for gays.  Pull yourself together TM, you are regressing into childhood with your juvenile namecalling.

Last edited by Jules on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Latham Sacked From Sky News For Calling Student ‘Gay’ For Supporting Women’s Rights

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:08 pm

So it would be reasonable for someone to say that when they watched it they thought the first lad might have been gay...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:09 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So it would be reasonable for someone to say that when they watched it they thought the first lad might have been gay...!

No of course not.
Like I said, it was dead obvious they were role playing.
Where is that sky high IQ you keep telling people about?

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So it would be reasonable for someone to say that when they watched it they thought the first lad might have been gay...!

If they didn't watch the full video it would be reasonable to assume that some bullying oik  the young man knew thought he was gay.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

It's not bigotry to say that you thought a lad talking about having sex with a man, might have been gay!!!

Really, so you are happy for me to call you gay then?

A back door man?

Come off it Jules... my 'wooly woofter' post was a reply to Didges post above...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:16 pm

And yet had a sense of humour failure, when I said I was glad tommy had come out of the closet, which proves he does not like being thought of as gay.

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:17 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Really, so you are happy for me to call you gay then?

A back door man?

Come off it Jules... my 'wooly woofter' post was a reply to Didges post above...

Oh pardon me! Shocked You were only replying, so that makes it all right then. Laughing
Btw calling him ''Didge'' makes a refreshing change from "dogbreath"
LMAO.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Thorin wrote:And yet had a sense of humour failure, when I said I was glad tommy had come out of the closet, which proves he does not like being thought of as gay.

I doubt anyone here thinks Tommy is gay.

Most gays I know have a much finer turn of phrase. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Jules wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Oh pardon me! Shocked You were only replying, so that makes it all right then. Laughing
Btw calling him ''Didge'' makes a refreshing change from "dogbreath"
LMAO.

Sadly Tommy cannot grasp when he is still being bigoted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:19 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:And yet had a sense of humour failure, when I said I was glad tommy had come out of the closet, which proves he does not like being thought of as gay.

lol!

Indeed Syl, but some were asking what was wrong with calling someone gay, when people are not gay.

Its not only done to demean the person who is not gay but make out as if something is wrong with being gay also.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:20 pm

Jules wrote:

No of course not.
Like I said, it was dead obvious they were role playing.
Where is that sky high IQ you keep telling people about?

I know what they were doing... it wasn't me who said I thought he might have been gay... although he might well have been gay for all you know...

The 'outsiders' show has a deliberately format that is intended to make light hearted comedy about absurd political events and news...

They were having a bit of a laugh and joke about it all...

Watch the video I posted.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:22 pm

Syl wrote:

If they didn't watch the full video it would be reasonable to assume that some bullying oik  the young man knew thought he was gay.

Yes, the ONLY way anyone would think that lad was gay is if they switched off in disgust IMMEDIATELY after the lad spoke.  and I have a DEEP suspicion that is precisely what a homophobe would do. A homophobe would not carry on vieing after that first boy spoke.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:24 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!

Indeed Syl, but some were asking what was wrong with calling someone gay, when people are not gay.

Its not only done to demean the person who is not gay but make out as if something is wrong with being gay also.

I know, I have seen it done many times before...its hardly an insult though.

I remember once a man circled round me in a club, after deliberation he decided he would honour me with a smarmy chat up line, I told him where to go, his parting shot was "you look like a lesbian anyway" lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:24 pm

Latham and the other 2 had watched the whole thing and understood what was going on...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:24 pm

I altered my post after reading Syl's post again!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

lol!

I know, I have seen it done many times before...its hardly an insult though.

I remember once a man circled round me in a club, after deliberation he decided he would honour me with a smarmy chat up line, I told him where to go, his parting shot was "you look like a lesbian anyway" lol!

lol!

What a twat and your instincts were very good here by telling him where to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Off for the day...have a good one all. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Latham and the other 2 had watched the whole thing and understood what was going on...

Well maybe they think any lad who has empathy and openly emotes his feelings is a ''wuss''  -and that's a  typically silly attitude of  macho he-men.

They are out of touch. Personally I find 90% of teenage boys I come across in public extremely polite and well mannered when interacting with strangers.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:35 pm

That is the point of the show!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:35 pm

Syl wrote:Off for the day...have a good one all. x

Enjoy your day Syl

I am off out too.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:38 pm

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/trumps-aussie-mates-latham-head-and-cameron-launch-new-show/news-story/6d1fef83fcc408da42916f3d7cbeda70
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:53 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Jules wrote:

Well done to these  boys who are so confident and emotionally secure in themselves that they have no need to put anyone down in order to feel good about themselves. Being considerate towards women does not make a man a  pushover or doormat.  

I pity anyone who has a compulsive need to go round belittling gays, ethnics, women, etc  - especially those who make a flipping career out of it. Something must have gone very wrong in their upbringing.  By the same token I see a considerate, thoughtful man and think. "My God, your mum did a brilliant job there".

Isn't that just complete sexist drivel...!?

You clearly assume that all women/mothers are 'considerate and thoughtful' and no men/fathers are such... as well as assuming that 'considerate and thoughtful' are traits that no man could possibly inherently possess themselves, but are traits that can only be 'learned'... and then only learned from a mother???!!!

What a twat!!!

lol!

You leapt on me rudely there without even understanding why I was trying to stress  the mother's influence, rather than the fathers. (Yes  general upbringing  comes from dad as well, .... and grandparents and teachers too, while we're on the subject!!) BUT it is well known that the mum is a role model for how a son relates to women in later life  ..... (in the same way that the dad is a role model for how a daughter relates to men and if he was a good dad she will try to find a husband with similar qualities to her dad.)

If a son sees that his mum is  someone who does not devote enough time to her kids, or a slovenly housekeeper,   or unfaithful in marriage, that will taint how he relates to women in later life. But if she is an excellent mum, that will also reflect on his attitude to women, he will be more respectful. Plus she is in a unique position to show how life is from a female viewpoint.  For example if she is always visibly exhausted at 'that time of the month' he will learn an important lesson from direct observation. Obviously no dad can replicate this.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

The article does explain that... but was that explained in the original video...?

Yes, if you watch the video after the first lad has spoken the words come up saying...

"We asked the women in our lives why feminism is important to them...this is what they said"

Yes, but the discussion involved mocking the whole thing and joking about it - hence the remark.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:23 pm

Jules wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Isn't that just complete sexist drivel...!?

You clearly assume that all women/mothers are 'considerate and thoughtful' and no men/fathers are such... as well as assuming that 'considerate and thoughtful' are traits that no man could possibly inherently possess themselves, but are traits that can only be 'learned'... and then only learned from a mother???!!!

What a twat!!!

lol!

You leapt on me rudely there without even understanding why I was trying to stress  the mother's influence, rather than the fathers. (Yes  general upbringing  comes from dad as well, .... and grandparents and teachers too, while we're on the subject!!) BUT it is well known that the mum is a role model for how a son relates to women in later life  ..... (in the same way that the dad is a role model for how a daughter relates to men and if he was a good dad she will try to find a husband with similar qualities to her dad.)

If a son sees that his mum is  someone who does not devote enough time to her kids, or a slovenly housekeeper,   or unfaithful in marriage, that will taint how he relates to women in later life. But if she is an excellent mum, that will also reflect on his attitude to women, he will be more respectful. Plus she is in a unique position to show how life is from a female viewpoint.  For example if she is always visibly exhausted at 'that time of the month' he will learn an important lesson from direct observation. Obviously no dad can replicate this.

That's a very old-fashioned point of view - get with the times, like those lads!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:25 pm

Jules has some very sexist and outdated stereotypical viewpoints here on this thread...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3