NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Woman's Song About People With Addictions And Mental Illness Is A Must-Listen For All Of Us

Go down

This Woman's Song About People With Addictions And Mental Illness Is A Must-Listen For All Of Us  Empty This Woman's Song About People With Addictions And Mental Illness Is A Must-Listen For All Of Us

Post by Guest Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:59 pm

This beautiful song by Daphne Willis is for anyone who knows addiction, mental illness, homelessness, or all of the above.

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/5917/This-Woman-s-Song-About-People-With-Addictions-And-Mental-Illness-Is-A-Must-Listen-For-All-Of-Us#7xS6IzSx2teAlLwM.99

Great voice

Back to top Go down

This Woman's Song About People With Addictions And Mental Illness Is A Must-Listen For All Of Us  Empty Re: This Woman's Song About People With Addictions And Mental Illness Is A Must-Listen For All Of Us

Post by Syl Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:54 pm

You find some great songs Thor....powerful. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

This Woman's Song About People With Addictions And Mental Illness Is A Must-Listen For All Of Us  Empty Re: This Woman's Song About People With Addictions And Mental Illness Is A Must-Listen For All Of Us

Post by Guest Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:27 pm

Syl wrote:You find some great songs Thor....powerful. x

Thanks Syl

Hope you have had a lovely day and the sun is shinning here in Kent.
Has been most of the week.  x

sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:42 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:You find some great songs Thor....powerful. x

Thanks Syl

sunny

I lost my long post. This Woman's Song About People With Addictions And Mental Illness Is A Must-Listen For All Of Us  2396444674

Hi Thor, weather has been glorious, even in Manchester we have had some sunny ...I know in parts of the South its been hotter than Ibiza....we are lucky so far.

I thought of you yesterday shopping in town. I saw a poster with a mature lady with Downs Syndrome smiling happily (I didn't catch what the ad was for) Recently a 2 year old girl and a 4 year old girl have been picked to model for popular fashion stores, a young woman has been chosen in France to be the first ever weather girl with Downs, and the young actor in Corrie has also made a welcome return.

Maybe they saw your thread and decided that you were right. cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:47 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Thanks Syl

sunny

I lost my long post. This Woman's Song About People With Addictions And Mental Illness Is A Must-Listen For All Of Us  2396444674

Hi Thor, weather has been glorious, even in Manchester we have had some sunny ...I know in parts of the South its been hotter than Ibiza....we are lucky so far.

I thought of you yesterday shopping in town. I saw a poster with a mature lady with Downs Syndrome smiling happily (I didn't catch what the ad was for) Recently a 2 year old girl and a 4 year old girl have been picked to model for popular fashion stores, a young woman has been chosen in France to be the first ever weather girl with Downs, and the young actor in Corrie has also made a welcome return.

Maybe they saw your thread and decided that you were right. cheers

Thanks again Syl and great news you have shared for those with Downs Syndrome.
The more people speak up about this the better and you are very much a part of championing this.

So thank you.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Thanks, but its you who finds the great videos we can all share.

I think I mentioned I grew up with a Downs girl, my son also did as he has a friend, a neighbours son who also has Downs.

I'm so glad the stigma is gradually being eroded. I remember when my son and his friend were growing up, the lads parents always had parties for him and all the other kids in the street were invited, none and I mean NOT ONE parent ever invited the lad to their own kids birthday parties.
I found that selfish and hurtful beyond belief.

That lad is now 40 years old, happy and cheerful, with a good outlook for his future.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Syl wrote:Thanks, but its you who finds the great videos we can all share.

I think I mentioned I grew up with a Downs girl, my son also did as he has a friend, a neighbours son who also has Downs.

I'm so glad the stigma is gradually being eroded. I remember when my son and his friend were growing up, the lads parents always had parties for him and all the other kids in the street were invited, none and I mean NOT ONE parent ever invited the lad to their own kids birthday parties.
I found that selfish and hurtful beyond belief.

That lad is now 40 years old, happy and cheerful, with a good outlook for his future.

There is still a long road ahead Syl and sadly it will take more years for these stigmas to fade away.
Hence why its so important to speak out and share as you do, your experiences.

Some people are led by fear of what they do not understand. Its generally fear, that ends up controlling people and believe, its this situation for that poor lads birthday.

Glad he is very happy today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:05 pm

Thanks Thor. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:19 pm

I love this video...I thought this would be the right place to put it.
I cant post the direct video, please click on the link and scroll down to watch.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/family-relationships/this-video-about-twin-brothers-is-making-everyone-ugly-cry/ar-BBzPhCA?li=AA9SkIr&ocid=spartanntp
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Syl wrote:I love this video...I thought this would be the right place to put it.
I cant post the direct video, please click on the link and scroll down to watch.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/family-relationships/this-video-about-twin-brothers-is-making-everyone-ugly-cry/ar-BBzPhCA?li=AA9SkIr&ocid=spartanntp

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down