NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground.

5 posters

Go down

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. Empty This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground.

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:08 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/travel/this-london-underground-advert-is-causing-a-massive-sexism-row/ar-BByXcBP?li=AA9SkIr&ocid=spartanntp&fullscreen=true#image=1

Not sure why, does it offend you?

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. Stream_img
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. Empty Re: This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground.

Post by eddie Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Some people like to find stuff to be offended over. I find it amusing and also a little true.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. Empty Re: This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground.

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:13 pm

I don't know what the main bone of contention is here...some are saying its not right to compare people with property, others are saying its sexist, some are moaning about the age difference....ie old man young woman.

In my experience old man young woman usually works for a while because both are benefiting in different ways..... live and let live. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:16 pm

I bet they wouldn't have done it the other way round - with an elderly lady and a young man.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:17 pm

This was the last ad that caused much offense, probably to fatties being reminded they were certainly not beach body ready. Razz

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. Stream_img
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:19 pm

Syl wrote:This was the last ad that caused much offense, probably to fatties being reminded they were certainly not beach body ready.  Razz

How did my picture get on here Shocked
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:19 pm

Well if people are claiming its chauvinistic, based on his age. Are they not then being ageist, based on their inventing discrimination here? That an older man cannot then be with a younger woman?

There is nothing wrong in the add, people will see prejudice, when there is no prejudice, simple to moan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:22 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:This was the last ad that caused much offense, probably to fatties being reminded they were certainly not beach body ready.  Razz

How did my picture get on here Shocked

I nicked it from your "CATFISH" profile. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:23 pm

That's implying that you have to have a nice body in order to show your flesh on a beach though. I bet they wouldn't have used a man.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:23 pm

Thorin wrote:Well if people are claiming its chauvinistic, based on his age. Are they not then being ageist, based on their inventing discrimination here? That an older man cannot then be with a younger woman?

There is nothing wrong in the add, people will see prejudice, when there is no prejudice, simple to moan.

I agree Thor...I like the image, its tongue in cheek anyway, as the caption proves.

He looks like Terence Stamp, who may be older now but still gorgeous.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:Well if people are claiming its chauvinistic, based on his age. Are they not then being ageist, based on their inventing discrimination here? That an older man cannot then be with a younger woman?

I agree Thor...I like the image, its tongue in cheek anyway, as the caption proves.

+1

Not for the gorgeous part, just to clarify, but for the tongue in cheek part.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Syl wrote:

He looks like Donald Sumpter.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

That's implying that you have to have a nice body in order to show your flesh on a beach though. I bet they wouldn't have used a man.

Lots of women do get their bodies 'beach body ready' so there is some truth to it.

They do use men to advertise Rags....though as the average man doesn't really care about his beach body (most think they look just fine anyway) the ads with fit men are usually hinting if you use this particular product you are more likely to have success with the ladies.

There is always a point to multi million £££ ad campaigns.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:29 pm

I don't like the implication that if you're not young and slim, you shouldn't be on a beach, or that you're not "ready" to be on a beach.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

He looks like Donald Sumpter.

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. C5882c5405ea3b42ac864a9807147391

You are right...he does.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:32 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

+1

Not for the gorgeous part, just to clarify, but for the tongue in cheek part.

lol!

Haha...whatever floats your boat Thor. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't like the implication that if you're not young and slim, you shouldn't be on a beach, or that you're not "ready" to be on a beach.

Well I guess its to save them any embarrassment, with people calling "Marine life rescue" thinking there is a stranded Whale on the beach.

lol!

Sorry, could not resist.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:34 pm

This is Terence Stamp now....once voted the most handsome man in the world.

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. Season-artwork-terence-stamp-1000x750
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't like the implication that if you're not young and slim, you shouldn't be on a beach, or that you're not "ready" to be on a beach.

I don't think ads are to be taken too seriously, everyone knows they are airbrushed beyond recognition anyway.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:45 pm

I loved Terence Stamp in Far from the Madding Crowd.

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. 29b380a60bbd1e45eca231593157338b
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Its just fun, no one objected to saucy postcards that often depicted huge ladies, hen pecked men, and fit gorgeous bikini clad girls....and if they did object they were not withdrawn like some of the 'objectional' underground posters tend to be now.

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. F2afb856a79a354d13acacfb69956f0d

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. Article-2043065-0E21C8F200000578-236_306x423
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I loved Terence Stamp in Far from the Madding Crowd.

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. 29b380a60bbd1e45eca231593157338b

Me too...I have seen it a few times.
If you remember the first supermodel Jean Shrimpton, her and Terence Stamp went out together in the 60's.

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. Article-2275352-005D066500000258-137_306x423
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:59 pm

"I only wish it had been the knot of knots there's no untying"

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:"I only wish it had been the knot of knots there's no untying"

I love you I love you I love you
Far better than the average chat up line.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:08 pm

You mean you like that better than:

"I bet you've been told loads of times that you're fit"

Or the white van man's sexy words:

"Show us yer tits!"

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:14 pm

eddie wrote:You mean you like that better than:

"I bet you've been told loads of times that you're fit"

Or the white van man's sexy words:

"Show us yer tits!"

Or...get yer coat, you've pulled. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:42 pm

The other night I was at a party and was really chatting for ages with this guy and I kept forgetting his name so I called him Levi becasue he had Levi's on.  Anyway, a group started to join the two of us and I was holding the floor with a discussion about platonic friendships between men and women. I said:

"Look at me and Levi here! We've been chatting all night and I have absolutely zero interest in him sexually...not a thing! And he feels the same!"

Everyone looked at him and laughed, I was a bit confused and then he piped up

"Actually I've been telling everyone all night that I was plucking up the courage to ask you out but I wanted to be unique about it....guess that's fucked then"

I did laugh but I thought it was a great way to get out of an awkward situation.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:44 pm

eddie wrote:The other night I was at a party and was really chatting for ages with this guy and I kept forgetting his name so I called him Levi becasue he had Levi's on.  Anyway, a group started to join the two of us and I was holding the floor with a discussion about platonic friendships between men and women. I said:

"Look at me and Levi here! We've been chatting all night and I have absolutely zero interest in him sexually...not a thing! And he feels the same!"

"Actually I've been telling everyone all night that I was plucking up the courage to ask you out but I wanted to be unique about it....guess that's fucked then"

I did laugh but I thought it was a great way to get out of an awkward situation.

Aww...he will make someone a great boyfriend one day, humour is about the sexiest thing a person can have....after looks and money. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:46 pm

eddie wrote:The other night I was at a party and was really chatting for ages with this guy and I kept forgetting his name so I called him Levi becasue he had Levi's on.  Anyway, a group started to join the two of us and I was holding the floor with a discussion about platonic friendships between men and women. I said:

lol, poor bloke, talk about crashed and burned.. Cool

He must have wanted to crawl inside himself, when you said that.

At least he seemed laughable about this though

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:50 pm

Eddie, hows this for embarrassing.
We were on holiday in Greece a few years ago, the man who owned the hotel was young and dead fit. He loved to have a drink with us at night, and he was really complimentary, which irked OH a bit.
One night he looked at me and said in a dead sexy greek accent, 'you remind me very much of my mother' OH smirked loudly, the man was really insulted, it was a huge compliment he had paid me.

He never sat with us again for the rest of the holiday. Embarassed
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:16 pm

Hahahahahahahaha that really made me laugh!!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:17 pm

Syl wrote:Its just fun, no one objected to saucy postcards that often depicted huge ladies, hen pecked men, and fit gorgeous bikini clad girls....and if they did object they were not withdrawn like some of the 'objectional' underground posters tend to be now.

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. F2afb856a79a354d13acacfb69956f0d

This ad is apparently upsetting lots of people in the London underground. Article-2043065-0E21C8F200000578-236_306x423

Hahaha the top fatty looks more like me Laughing
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:39 pm

The caption is "A charming period property with a modern extension."

So they found a pic to go with it and their choice is perfect. If they had not chosen an eye-catching pic, who would bother to look at it twice, at a busy train station??

Advertising agencies are think tanks tasked with producing adverts that get results hence the controversial pics. Laughing

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down