NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donald Trump’s Big Health-Care Lie Puts Barack Obama’s Weak One to Shame

2 posters

Go down

Donald Trump’s Big Health-Care Lie Puts Barack Obama’s Weak One to Shame Empty Donald Trump’s Big Health-Care Lie Puts Barack Obama’s Weak One to Shame

Post by Guest Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Let’s first travel back in time to 2013, when Barack Obama was pilloried for saying “if you like your health-care plan, you can keep it.” Remember the furor over that?

Because he said it a lot, and it turned out to be untrue. And the right went absolutely ballistic—not only was Obama a bald-faced liar, but it showed what a shell game the whole health-care overhaul law was. It turned out that only 4 million people out of a total of more than 250 million insured lost their health-care plans, but still, 4 million is 4 million flesh-and-blood Americans. Obama’s lie was, as you might recall, named the “Lie of the Year” for 2013 by Politifact, which counted 37 separate times Obama had said with no caveats that everyone would be able to keep their coverage.

Well, I don’t know exactly how many times candidate and Fake President Trump has said things like everyone will have coverage under his Obamacare replacement. But it was a lot. His plan would be “something terrific.” “I am going to take care of everybody.” “Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.” It must be dozens. And that’s on top of the dozens of denunciations of Obamacare as a “disaster” that wasn’t helping people.

Well, now we have the Congressional Budget Office’s assessment of the Republican replacement plan (which technically burst from the womb as Ryancare rather than Trumpcare, thought the White House pledged late last week to move heaven and earth to pass it even as it remains the one thing that Trump emphatically doesn’t want to smack his name on). And what does the CBO have to say about this terrific plan that’s going to take care of everybody and rescue America from the disaster?

It has to say: 14 million more uninsured by 2018. That’s a year and change! Fourteen million people thrown back to the wolves. And more—an additional 7 million by 2020, and 3 million more by 2024, making for a grand total of 24 million people who currently have health coverage thrown off the rolls as a direct result of this bill, the Republican “replacement” bill.

If Obama got Lie of the Year over 4 million, what does Trump get over 24 million? True, the competition for lies is a lot more robust than it was in that now innocent-seeming year of 2013. But surely this deserves some kind of prize.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/03/13/donald-trump-s-big-health-care-lie-puts-barack-obama-s-weak-one-to-shame.html

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump’s Big Health-Care Lie Puts Barack Obama’s Weak One to Shame Empty Re: Donald Trump’s Big Health-Care Lie Puts Barack Obama’s Weak One to Shame

Post by eddie Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:44 pm

"It has to say: 14 million more uninsured by 2018. That’s a year and change! Fourteen million people thrown back to the wolves. And more—an additional 7 million by 2020, and 3 million more by 2024, making for a grand total of 24 million people who currently have health coverage thrown off the rolls as a direct result of this bill, the Republican “replacement” bill."

That is unfuckinbelievable.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump’s Big Health-Care Lie Puts Barack Obama’s Weak One to Shame Empty Re: Donald Trump’s Big Health-Care Lie Puts Barack Obama’s Weak One to Shame

Post by Guest Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:44 pm

eddie wrote:"It has to say: 14 million more uninsured by 2018. That’s a year and change! Fourteen million people thrown back to the wolves. And more—an additional 7 million by 2020, and 3 million more by 2024, making for a grand total of 24 million people who currently have health coverage thrown off the rolls as a direct result of this bill, the Republican “replacement” bill."

That is unfuckinbelievable.

The mind boggles how people voted for him.
Its appalling Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:49 pm

I actually am starting to think these Trump-voters were drugged or something, or maybe they just didn't listen to what he said or read what he wrote??

I don't get it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:51 pm

eddie wrote:I actually am starting to think these Trump-voters were drugged or something, or maybe they just didn't listen to what he said or read what he wrote??

I don't get it.

It was misdirection always used Eddie.
As soon as trump did something, the websites supporting Trump went into overdrive with claims and views on Clinton and people reacted to his views and hardly his politics. 
If he had been taken to task on his politics, he would never have won.
This election was won, with delegitimizing the opponent, in this case Clinton, with countless smears.
Don't get me wrong, she is a mare also, but would never have been as bad as this.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:18 pm

I never liked her but I did read up on her policies and some were pretty good.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:23 pm

eddie wrote:I never liked her but I did read up on her policies and some were pretty good.

Well, I think its going to get far worse, then ever more worse, and then people will be demanding change, when its too late. The damage will have been done, that will effect the US for decades sadly.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Seems apt.

Donald Trump’s Big Health-Care Lie Puts Barack Obama’s Weak One to Shame Img_6312
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:52 pm

It's the real death panels, and it's Republican. Meanwhile, tax cuts for the rich. WTF??

Why Elephants Lie.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down