NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver lining.

3 posters

Go down

Silver lining. Empty Silver lining.

Post by Syl Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:10 pm

Author and presenter Sandi Toksvig has written a play about older ladies, and how they struggle getting work or being heard in todays age avoidance society'
Is called 'Silver lining',and stars 5 famous older actresses, (one of them the lady who plays Mags in TV sitcom Benidorm) and it sounds interesting. She was talking about it on BBC radio today.
Doing her research she interviewed many older women, one woman she spoke to said this....I found it heart breaking.

" I go to the hairdressers every week, I don't always need to get my hair done sometimes, but I go anyway, because it's the only time anyone ever touches me"
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Silver lining. Empty Re: Silver lining.

Post by Syl Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Link..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/11/sandi-toksvig-tackles-ageing-and-the-lack-of-roles-for-mature-wo/

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:45 pm

Curious, because our old friend Independent Thoughts has written the male version of the Vagina monologues.
He has named it "Talking Bollocks".
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:48 pm

That is quite depressing. When I get really old and no one touches me I'll get myself a robot man.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:56 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Curious, because our old friend Independent Thoughts has written the male version of the Vagina monologues.
He has named it "Talking Bollocks".

I laughed..... lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:57 pm

eddie wrote:That is quite depressing. When I get really old and no one touches me I'll get myself a robot man.

Maybe you could get one of those little robots who advertised Smash? Cool

I found that comment really sad.....to never be touched or hugged by anyone, Sad
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:That is quite depressing. When I get really old and no one touches me I'll get myself a robot man.

I found that comment really sad.....to never be touched or hugged by anyone, Sad

Yes my mum says that and yet I still forget to hug her. I'm really crap sometimes.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:18 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yes my mum says that and yet I still forget to hug her. I'm really crap sometimes.

I was a bit like that with my own mum Eddie, she wasn't a great one for hugs and kisses, she would almost hide behind me if anyone advanced socially with puckered lips.
As she got older and frail that's when I started giving her kisses and hugs....she always pretended she wasn't bothered but deep down I think she liked it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down