NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boy arrested for homemade ‘bomb’ clock gets silver lining: White House dinner and Facebook job offer

+4
eddie
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
SEXY MAMA
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Boy arrested for homemade ‘bomb’ clock gets silver lining: White House dinner and Facebook job offer  Empty Boy arrested for homemade ‘bomb’ clock gets silver lining: White House dinner and Facebook job offer

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Boy arrested for homemade ‘bomb’ clock gets White House dinner and Facebook job offer

Ways to get invited to the White House for dinner: Make a clock that looks like a bomb.

Ahmed Mohamed, 14, was arrested after his teacher mistook the timepiece for an explosive device.

But Obama has since tweeted inviting the boy for dinner. Then Mark Zuckerberg said he was keen to meet the boy over at Facebook HQ.

What a day it’s been for Ahmed.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/16/boy-arrested-for-homemade-bomb-clock-gets-invited-for-dinner-at-white-house-5394861/#ixzz3m0JywEFF
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Boy arrested for homemade ‘bomb’ clock gets silver lining: White House dinner and Facebook job offer  Empty Re: Boy arrested for homemade ‘bomb’ clock gets silver lining: White House dinner and Facebook job offer

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:23 pm

It's Texas.  

He was also invited to apply to MIT, one of the preeminent technical universities in America.  That, he said on Good Morning America, pleased him the most of anything.

https://gma.yahoo.com/ahmed-mohamed-texas-teen-arrested-clock-talks-being-115156642--abc-news-topstories.html

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Boy arrested for homemade ‘bomb’ clock gets silver lining: White House dinner and Facebook job offer  Empty Re: Boy arrested for homemade ‘bomb’ clock gets silver lining: White House dinner and Facebook job offer

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:It's Texas.  

He was also invited to apply to MIT, one of the preeminent technical universities in America.  That, he said on Good Morning America, pleased him the most of anything.

https://gma.yahoo.com/ahmed-mohamed-texas-teen-arrested-clock-talks-being-115156642--abc-news-topstories.html

Good for him
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:44 pm

I think the teacher was right to call the police that looked like a bomb not a clock, I would rather the teacher be careful and protect the students instead of just turning a blind eye .

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:55 pm

I was appalled, frankly. I look at that and I don't see bomb in any way, shape. or form. Aren't bombs supposed to have something that explodes? To me, that looks like my computer when the cover is removed. Or the wires hanging down from the back of my desk. Lol.

When I consider how unlike a bomb that device appears, and the fact that this is a Muslim young man, my mind begins to wander to other possible motives by the teacher. As I say...this is Texas. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:05 pm

well you can't be too careful maybe he is learning to make bombs who knows eh

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:I was appalled, frankly.  I look at that and I don't see bomb in any way, shape. or form.  Aren't bombs supposed to have something that explodes?  To me, that looks like my computer when the cover is removed.  Or the wires hanging down from the back of my desk.  Lol.

When I consider how unlike a bomb that device appears, and the fact that this is a Muslim young man,  my mind begins to wander to other possible motives by the teacher.  As I say...this is Texas.  Rolling Eyes

Indeed you are correct in your assumption. This is what I thought too.
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:33 pm

WHAT KIND IF TITLE IS THIS?????

It doesn't even make sense?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:35 pm

Ben are you telling me one can't add a news title in?

I gave the full link just changed the title.

And now this one whoever changed it doesn't even make sense!

Ffs learn how to fucking write!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:43 pm

I fixed the title ... don't know how it ended up that way in the first place scratch
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:47 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I fixed the title ... don't know how it ended up that way in the first place scratch

Obviously from someone who can't read then! It didn't make sense.

Anyway you didn't answer my question

I named the title the Silver lining

Because for this boy it was.

Why did it need changing to something no one could comprehend????
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:51 pm

Sorry, didn't read the whole thread. I hope it's OK now.

Islamophobia exists all through this country, Quill. Here's one of your representatives: https://twitter.com/asmMelendez/status/565177018354913282
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Sorry, didn't read the whole thread. I hope it's OK now.

Islamophobia exists all through this country, Quill. Here's one of your representatives: https://twitter.com/asmMelendez/status/565177018354913282

Erm no Ben

It isn't

As I said I called it what was relevant and made sense!

I'm asking you again

Are we supposed to act like robots or can we use that brain of ours and change a news tittle?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:54 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Sorry, didn't read the whole thread. I hope it's OK now.

Erm no Ben

It isn't

As I said I called it what was relevant and made sense!

I'm asking you again

Are we supposed to act like robots or can we use that brain of ours and change a news tittle?

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t11613-quick-reminder

I think you're supposed to use the same headline as in the article or something? This issue has been raised before.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:09 pm

I don't mind a re-write, as long as it's informative and not too biased. I have no idea what the original title was that SM used, so please propose something and stop jumping me over this.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:11 pm

Something about a silver lining I think.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:12 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I don't mind a re-write, as long as it's informative and not too biased. I have no idea what the original title was that SM used, so please propose something and stop jumping me over this.

Ben as I said earlier

I posted the title

A silver lining.......

Which it was for the kid!

I posted the news and the link and said what the titled meant!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:16 pm

I think it's good to have a more specific thread title really as it makes searching for a particular thread easier. The search function doesn't appear to work unless you search for a word in the thread title itself.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:30 pm

Well, obviously the teacher doesnt know any better....

BUT...what if it HAD been damgerous...and the teacher had done nothing eh...what would you be saying then??

but I suppose we can now all stiop reporting "suspect packages (aginst the advice of the police) not worry about being "vigillant"

(even though we are about to import god knows how many terrorists)

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:31 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Well, obviously the teacher doesnt know any better....

BUT...what if it HAD been damgerous...and the teacher had done nothing eh...what would you be saying then??

but I suppose we can now all stiop reporting "suspect packages (aginst the advice of the police) not worry about being "vigillant"

The teacher was an arse

Just like you are being now!

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:32 pm

The thread title is supposed to be the news item title - it makes for easier reading.

I wasn't aware I'd made a mistake? If I did, it wasn't an intentional one and certainly there was no need to get so angry and abusive over it.

Last edited by eddie on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think it's good to have a more specific thread title really as it makes searching for a particular thread easier. The search function doesn't appear to work unless you search for a word in the thread title itself.

It is supposed to contain at least something of that which the story is about.
It just makes more sense.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:34 pm

It did look a bit like a bomb, and not much like a clock. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:39 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Well, obviously the teacher doesnt know any better....

Okay what we have to add up here is if such a teacher would have reacted if the boy was not Muslim?
That is the telling point, which is would they?
Its difficult to guage this without actually being able to see the clock itself.
I think it was mainly because people associate clocks with bombs and if it was very crude it could be mistake for one.
But would it have been if it was someone not of a sterotype Muslim appearnce or more so known to be a Muslims?
So was this an over reaction based on the boys actions when he spke to the teachers?
Clearly yes, as surely who is going to show their teacher a bomb they have made if their intent was to cause harm?
That just does not make any sense why someone with intent would show it.
There is no doubt this was an over reaction Victor because when you weigh up the events, this was more to with him being a Muslim.
He did not issue any threats did he and I very much doubt any boy say white American would have drawn such a conclusion.

It is clear it was an over reaction based off sterotypes and based on a crude clock wrongly being assumed to being a bomb.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:44 pm

And what if the teacher didn't react and it was a bomb?

Forget race and stereotypes, it's better to be safe than sorry.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:45 pm

And I'm pretty sure the the teacher, or anybody with a brain, would report or react to a bomb no matter who it was.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:46 pm

eddie wrote:And what if the teacher didn't react and it was a bomb?

Sorry Eddie, but that is rubbish.  It was open, he could see the works and there was no explosive.

Boy arrested for homemade ‘bomb’ clock gets silver lining: White House dinner and Facebook job offer  Clock

Ahmed said when he first showed the clock to his teacher he said: ‘That’s really nice, I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’
When the clock’s alarm went off in another lesson, the teacher asked Ahmed to bring the device to her, at which point she allegedly said it ‘looks like a bomb’.
As Ahmed was frogmarched into the principal’s office one of the officers waiting for him allegedly said: ‘Yup. That’s who I thought it was.’

You'd have to be a moron to think that was a bomb.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:50 pm

But do people who make bombs offer them up to be shown and also not offer threats?
This is the point you are missing.
So first point of call would be to get the chemist teacher tyo see if there are any explosives protruding from the device?
A chemist teacher is going to know straight away if something is leathal surely based on their understanding of the subject.
That is what stands out to me most why not check
He was not even isolated Eddie but later called out of class by the Police
They did not evacuate anyone either which is not exactly being in fear is it?
He carried on as normal until the Police later arrived

Here is the picture

Boy arrested for homemade ‘bomb’ clock gets silver lining: White House dinner and Facebook job offer  _85589586_16e23342-6ce7-4c4f-b176-88d94cf667b3

Last edited by Cuchulain on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:50 pm

do YOU know what "explosive" looks like ?

and @sexy...being an arse....really about what.....

I can rightwise justify every word of that post....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Boy arrested for homemade ‘bomb’ clock gets silver lining: White House dinner and Facebook job offer  _85589586_16e23342-6ce7-4c4f-b176-88d94cf667b3

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34266389

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:54 pm

Have. I missed something?
The kid took something looking like a bomb to school and gets rewarded with dinner at the White House?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:55 pm

Cuchulain wrote:

But do people who make bombs offer them up to be shown and also not offer threats?

yes....tube and bus bombings....for a start

a significant number of the IRA bombings were carried out with no warning or individual threat.....
so yes people do plant bombs without making a threat......

offering something in plain view that may not be all it seems is also not off the agenda ...is it?

So first point of call would be to get the chemist teacher tyo see if there are any explosives protruding from the device?
A chemist teacher is going to know straight away if something is leathal surely based on their understanding of the subject.
They did not evacuate anyone either which is not exactluy being in fear is it?

Here is the picture

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:56 pm

Nems wrote:Have. I missed something?
The kid took something looking like a bomb to school and gets rewarded with dinner at the White House?

Nope - you didn't miss something. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:57 pm

Looks like a bomb and nothing like a clock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Nems wrote:Have. I missed something?

yep and a job on facebook .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:58 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

yes....tube and bus bombings....for a start

a significant number of the IRA bombings were carried out with no warning or individual threat.....
so yes people do plant bombs without making a threat......

offering something in plain view that may not be all it seems is also not off the agenda ...is it?

They did not evacuate anyone either which is not exactluy being in fear is it?

Here is the picture

You are being utterly silly now

Why did they not evacuate the school or even the class?

You are telling me its okay to carry on when she thinks its a bomb?

She badly over reacted and there is no two ways about it

So you telling me  chemist teacher is not going to be able to recognose explosvie

DOH

Everything points to the teacher being a twit and badly sterotyping the boy because he was Muslim.

She should get down a grovel and apologise for being a prime idiot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:00 pm

hmmmm...difficult innit...

consider (and smelly and nicko can back this up....) there could be enough PETN (known as "plastic explosive" to you oiks or semtex).....to blow a rather large hole in a class full of kids hidden behind that blue lining....

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:00 pm

Fuss over nothing. The kid got his moment of fame - what's the problem?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:00 pm

Better a live idiot than a possible dead one.

It's a sign of the times, unfortunately.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:01 pm

Teen who 'mistakenly brought pipe bomb to airport' was ALLOWED to fly and then given probation

• Skylar Murphy was caught Sept 20 with a pipe bomb at Edmonton International Airport
  • Screeners confiscated it, allowed him to fly and did not contact police until four days later

• Mr Murphy was arrested one week later and told police he forgot it was in his bag, a source said

Boy arrested for homemade ‘bomb’ clock gets silver lining: White House dinner and Facebook job offer  Article-2540244-1AB1F37700000578-462_306x423

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2540244/Teen-mistakenly-brought-pipe-bomb-airport-allowed-fly-given-probation.html#ixzz3m22ISzqm
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

BTW, he only got probation!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:02 pm

Well they were stupid then.
Doesn't mean any of them are race issues?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:03 pm

victorismyhero wrote:hmmmm...difficult innit...

consider (and smelly and nicko can back this up....) there could be enough PETN (known as "plastic explosive" to you oiks or semtex).....to blow a rather large hole in a class full of kids  hidden behind that blue lining....

But again, I am asking you a simple question

If you thought it was a bomb, why would you continue with class and not call in the bomb squad after evacuating the school
They all continued with class including the boy

Jesus wept, has this point escaped you?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:04 pm

Cuchulain wrote:

consider (and smelly and nicko can back this up....) there could be enough PETN (known as "plastic explosive" to you oiks or semtex).....to blow a rather large hole in a class full of kids  hidden behind that blue lining....

If you thought it was a bomb, why would you continue with class and not call in the bomb squad after evacuating the school

That is a fair point actually,
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:05 pm

sassy wrote:Teen who 'mistakenly brought pipe bomb to airport' was ALLOWED to fly and then given probation

• Skylar Murphy was caught Sept 20 with a pipe bomb at Edmonton International Airport
  • Screeners confiscated it, allowed him to fly and did not contact police until four days later

• Mr Murphy was arrested one week later and told police he forgot it was in his bag, a source said

Boy arrested for homemade ‘bomb’ clock gets silver lining: White House dinner and Facebook job offer  Article-2540244-1AB1F37700000578-462_306x423

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2540244/Teen-mistakenly-brought-pipe-bomb-airport-allowed-fly-given-probation.html#ixzz3m22ISzqm

Because he wasn't a Muslim!

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:06 pm

Cuchulain wrote:

For once I agree with you, he had it in class for a long time, the bloody alarm went off.  I they had really thought it was a bomb they would have got everyone out in double quick time.  I believe they even held on to it to give to the police when they came and arrested him and the police took it with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   They have also said they didn't think it was a bomb, they were trying to pin on him it being a HOAX bomb.  If it had been a hoax bomb he would have said 'look, I have a bomb', not look, I've made an electronic clock!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:07 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

That is a fair point actually,

Even more so when I just read the first part lol

Officials at MacArthur High School in Irving alerted police because they thought the device was a "hoax bomb".

So they clearly did not think it was real and hence why there was no evacuation and why he was allowed to continue with class

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:07 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
sassy wrote:Teen who 'mistakenly brought pipe bomb to airport' was ALLOWED to fly and then given probation

Because he wasn't a Muslim!

Absolutely!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:08 pm

Well if they thought someone had made a "hoax bomb" perhaps they have to report it?
It's probably against the law perhaps?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:10 pm

eddie wrote:Well if they thought someone had made a "hoax bomb" perhaps they have to report it?

The whole point of a HOAX BOMB would be to try and frighten people and get the school evacuated.  As he didn't do that, told them it was a clock and the alarm went off, and they knew he invented things, the only possible reason for what they did was pure and simple racism.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:11 pm

eddie wrote:Well if they thought someone had made a "hoax bomb" perhaps they have to report it?

But if they thought it was not a bomb, surely someone mechanical or technical could have checked to back up the boys claim if it was a clock?
Would that not have saved all this fuss, as clearly nobody thought it was a real bomb.
They clearly thought it was a prank, which is possible, but they never bothered to check out the boys claims, which was poor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next