NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sainsbury's is selling same-sex Valentine's Day cards for the first time ever

4 posters

Go down

Sainsbury's is selling same-sex Valentine's Day cards for the first time ever Empty Sainsbury's is selling same-sex Valentine's Day cards for the first time ever

Post by eddie Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:45 pm

With Valentine’s Day just one week away, it’s time to start wading through the fluffy bears and love hearts to find the perfect card - but if you’re a gay couple, this can be hard to find.

Until now, many same-sex couples have had to improvise with generic cards that make no suggestion of gender, but supermarket giant Sainsbury’s is about to change all that.

For the first time, Sainsbury’s is selling a range of Valentine’s Day cards that represent same-sex couples.

The simple designs feature illustrations of a woman and a woman, and a man and a man, with the caption ‘You + Me.’

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/sainsburys-same-sex-valentines-day-cards-sell-first-time-lgbt-romantic-date-a7567126.html

About time. Nice.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Sainsbury's is selling same-sex Valentine's Day cards for the first time ever Empty Re: Sainsbury's is selling same-sex Valentine's Day cards for the first time ever

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:11 am

My general feeling on greetings cards is they are a waste of money lol

But this is still very cute and well overdue. Nice one Sainsbury's Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Sainsbury's is selling same-sex Valentine's Day cards for the first time ever Empty Re: Sainsbury's is selling same-sex Valentine's Day cards for the first time ever

Post by Syl Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:27 am

I can't believe valentine cards for same sex couples are new on the market.
If they are, it's about time. I love you
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Eilzel wrote:My general feeling on greetings cards is they are a waste of money lol

But this is still very cute and well overdue. Nice one Sainsbury's Smile

You're such a bah humbug. No
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:23 pm

I cant believe anyone falls for this exploitation no matter what sex they are.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:42 pm

A couple of quid is not a lot to give your Valentine a thumbs up surely. I love you
Don't you remember when you were youngsters? Valentines day sorted the sought after out from the wall flowers....ahhh....heady days. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down