NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rahm Emanuel to Democrats: Take a chill pill. You're not going to take back national power anytime soon.

2 posters

Go down

Rahm Emanuel to Democrats: Take a chill pill. You're not going to take back national power anytime soon. Empty Rahm Emanuel to Democrats: Take a chill pill. You're not going to take back national power anytime soon.

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:45 pm

It sure is a tough time to be a Liberal or Democrat.

Chicago Tribune wrote:
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has warned Democrats they need to "take a chill pill" and realize that they are not going to take back national power anytime soon.

"It ain't gonna happen in 2018," Emanuel said Monday at Stanford's Graduate School of Business in California. "Take a chill pill, man. You gotta be in this for the long haul."
"Winning's everything," he said. "If you don't win, you can't make the public policy. I say that because it is hard for people in our party to accept that principle. Sometimes, you've just got to win, OK? Our party likes to be right, even if they lose."

He added, "I don't go to moral victory speeches. I can't stand them. I've never lost an election. It's about winning, because if you win you then have the power to go do what has to get done.

"If you lose, you can write the book about what happened — great, that's really exciting!" he said, sarcastically.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chicagoinc/ct-rahm-emanuel-national-democrats-advice-0207-chicago-inc-20170206-story.html

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Rahm Emanuel to Democrats: Take a chill pill. You're not going to take back national power anytime soon. Empty Re: Rahm Emanuel to Democrats: Take a chill pill. You're not going to take back national power anytime soon.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:52 pm

The Emperors of Rome wrongly used to think that also. Do not forget, only 1 quarter of US citizens voted for Trump to be in power and already he has pissed off half the world.

It is the people that speak and can make sway a change in power.
If more stand up to Trump, especially the majority who did not vote in the election. Anything can happen, especially, when there is someone so immature in power. Who could train wreck the US economically and its standing in the world. People have seen those politically popular in power before, When they base their campaign on, hate, prejudice, castigating and stereotyping people.  T

The US was born and grew on immigration to the place it is today. Isolationism, will just descend it into decline.

Back to top Go down

Rahm Emanuel to Democrats: Take a chill pill. You're not going to take back national power anytime soon. Empty Re: Rahm Emanuel to Democrats: Take a chill pill. You're not going to take back national power anytime soon.

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:34 pm

=

As he did last month at an event in Washington, D.C., the mayor expanded on what he believes is the road map back to power for his party — putting moderate candidates such as veterans, football players, sheriffs and business people up in Republican districts, picking battles with Republicans, exploiting wedges within the GOP and fighting attempts to redistrict Congress on partisan grounds.

Don't know why an Independent would be shy about reporting on Democratic strategy! Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:48 pm

"Strategy". Heh. Ok.
It's hard to strategize a revival when most in your party are in denial of how they got there in the first place.
Warren gets it, but she's in a small minority of those who do.

While I know that Trump was a significantly better choice than Hillary, I don't for a second think he'll go down in history as the greatest president ever. I am open and welcoming to be proven wrong, but I doubt it'll happen.
It's for that reason I want the Democratic party to succeed and to produce a candidate worthy of running against Trump in 2020. Trump was better than Hillary, but that's not saying a lot because she was a fundamentally flawed candidate to begin with.
We should always strive for better.

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:52 pm

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:"Strategy". Heh. Ok.
It's hard to strategize a revival when most in your party are in denial of how they got there in the first place.

While I know that Trump was a significantly better choice than Hillary, I don't for a second think he'll go down in history as  the greatest president ever.  I am open and welcoming to be proven wrong, but I doubt it'll happen.
It's for that reason I want the Democratic party to succeed and to produce a candidate worthy of running against Trump in 2020.  Trump was better than Hillary, but that's not saying a lot because she was a fundamentally flawed candidate to begin with.  

How can Trump be a better choice?
We have already seen what he has done in a matter of weeks and he has pissed off globally more people than any President before him in history.  Hypothetically, could you even contemplate Hilary causing that much disruption?
Seriously?
She maybe the lesser of two evils, but the lesser in this case, is an angel compared to Trump and I think she is an idiot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:"Strategy". Heh. Ok.

While I know that Trump was a significantly better choice than Hillary, I don't for a second think he'll go down in history as  the greatest president ever.  I am open and welcoming to be proven wrong, but I doubt it'll happen.
It's for that reason I want the Democratic party to succeed and to produce a candidate worthy of running against Trump in 2020.  Trump was better than Hillary, but that's not saying a lot because she was a fundamentally flawed candidate to begin with.  

If your party hadn't gerrymandered the hell out of the U.S. electoral map, we wouldn't have the most unqualified, petulant president ever to occupy the White House. The fact that your party has put into power a washed-up former reality TV star and failed businessman who can't even keep it together enough to avoid hanging up on a fellow head of state at 5 p.m. speaks to what a rash decision our country has made.

Hilary Clinton would have been far better. Your party has been investigating her off and on since the early 1990s and come up with nothing -- nothing but memes, that is.

Can you make a lucid argument as to what the Democratic Party has done wrong? Or is it just memes? Are you an actual person or just a meme dispenser?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down