NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strong, stoical, supportive wife ...or doormat?

5 posters

Go down

Strong, stoical, supportive wife ...or doormat? Empty Strong, stoical, supportive wife ...or doormat?

Post by Syl Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:21 pm

Nicola McGrath, wife of arsehole funny man Rory McGrath, is standing by her husband after details of his 5 year affair, and 14 months of harassing his mistress, have been under scrutiny in court.
The pain on her face is all too obvious.

Could any woman (or man if it was the wife who cheated in this way) ever trust their spouse again?
I couldn't and nor would I want to....could you?

Strong, stoical, supportive wife ...or doormat? JS118920833_SWNS-Cambridge-2B44-01179066550-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqotd3MiTutjsnpk608JD342hQWn7KX8qF_PP9qwsakA4

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/29/rory-mcgraths-wife-says-made-list-things-loves/

"The wife of comic Rory McGrath has vowed to stand by him after he was convicted of harassing a former mistress, saying she had made a list of all the reasons she loved him.
Nicola McGrath, who has been married to the former They Think It's All Over panellist since 2005, described his behaviour as an "aberration", but said their relationship and history was worth saving.
Last week McGrath, 60, received a suspended prison sentence after admitting harassing a former lover during what was described as a "deliberate and pre-planned" campaign, which he launched when she tried to end their affair.
Huntingdon magistrates' court heard how during his 14-month campaign, McGrath hid in bushes to spy on her, followed her on his bike and left abusive messages for her husband, saying he had graphic photographs of her

.In court it emerged that McGrath had met the "much younger and more attractive" woman - who cannot be named for legal reasons - in 2010, when she was unhappily married.
The pair started an affair but by 2014 she had become unhappy with the relationship and wanted it to end.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Strong, stoical, supportive wife ...or doormat? Empty Re: Strong, stoical, supportive wife ...or doormat?

Post by Miffs2 Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:51 pm

She is a mug.
She should have bin bagged him
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Strong, stoical, supportive wife ...or doormat? Empty Re: Strong, stoical, supportive wife ...or doormat?

Post by Syl Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:23 pm

Can you imagine the humiliation she must feel.
Her husband not only has a 5 year affair, he then stalks the woman for over a year after she finishes with him.
The woman keeps her privacy, the poor wife is splashed all over the papers.
And the final insult is the mistress is described in court as a "much younger and more attractive woman".

I would kill him first....then divorce him. Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:11 pm

She's probably too old to start again...in her head, that is. But...I don't have much respect for women who tolerate this shit. I'd have left him years ago.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:05 pm

I couldn't and wouldn't ever, stay with someone after such a long (or any) affair.  Let's face it, the affair only finished because the other woman ended it and then he stalked her for over a year!  Imagine all the lies he's told about where he was over the many years.....
I've never been cheated on, to my knowledge, and never had my heart broken in this way. I cannot imagine the intense agony his wife must be feeling but I don't understand her reasons for staying either. Perhaps time will help her gain some strength and then she will know what she really wants.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:13 am

yeah she is crazy

If they'd been married for 30 years or something but He has cheated on her with for almost half the marriage Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
And I count Chasing after and abusing as part of the cheating, His heart was not dedicated to his wife
Strong, stoical, supportive wife ...or doormat? 988787160
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:48 pm

veya_victaous wrote:yeah she is crazy

If they'd been married for 30 years or something but He has cheated on her with for almost half the marriage Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
And I count Chasing after and abusing as part of the cheating, His heart was not dedicated to his wife
Strong, stoical, supportive wife ...or doormat? 988787160

I was a bit surprised to read they had only been married for 11 years, like you say he has been found out to be cheating for half of that time.
Maybe if they had been together decades, raised a family together, had all the ties and emotions that come with that, it would be more understandable......though even then I would think she is either a saint or slightly stupid.

Each to their own though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:53 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:She's probably too old to start again...in her head, that is.   But...I don't have much respect for women who tolerate this shit.  I'd have left him years ago.  

She is 61, I am older than that, and I would never consider myself too old to start afresh.

IF that's the way she feels, maybe being married to a man who obviously treats her like shite has something to do with it.
I swear if some women shed their cheating feckless partners they would also shed the feelings that are too old, ugly, stupid to start over.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down