NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Citing deception, ethics violations, Democrats boycotting votes on Trump cabinet members

2 posters

Go down

Citing deception, ethics violations, Democrats boycotting votes on Trump cabinet members Empty Citing deception, ethics violations, Democrats boycotting votes on Trump cabinet members

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:49 pm

WASHINGTON ― Senate Democrats deployed a dramatic eleventh-hour maneuver to deny committee votes of two of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet picks Tuesday, arguing that those nominees had lied to them.

Senators on the Finance Committee were set to vote on Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.) to lead the Department of Health and Human Services and Steve Mnuchin to lead the Treasury Department.

By not showing up for the votes, Democrats denied Republicans the quorum they needed to move forward to confirmation. At least one Democrat needs to be present for the vote to happen.

Ranking Member Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) said in a statement Tuesday morning that the two nominees “misled the public and held back important information about their backgrounds.”

“Until questions are answered, Democrats believe the committee should not move forward with either nomination. ... This is about getting answers to questions, plain and simple. Ethics laws are not optional, and nominees do not have a right to treat disclosure like a shell game,” he added.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/senate-democrats-boycott_us_5890ae26e4b0c90eff001c3c
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Citing deception, ethics violations, Democrats boycotting votes on Trump cabinet members Empty Re: Citing deception, ethics violations, Democrats boycotting votes on Trump cabinet members

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:03 pm

good if the nominees can't meet the disclosure requirement then they are ineligible.

that's they way it works for the normal joe in governance(even those with no power)
I know I had to submit everything, no ifs or buts, for my current role, to the point that failure to submit something, is automatic disqualification.
Like with Clinton's email server. I have Zero sympathy for individuals that fail to comply with the requirements of the position
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down