NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet the British family spanning six generations

2 posters

Go down

Meet the British family spanning six generations Empty Meet the British family spanning six generations

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:10 pm

A family from Yorkshire with six generations alive at the same time, has been speaking to the BBC.
There are 47 family members; the eldest is great-great-great grandmother Hilda Hanson, who is 103 and known as “little gran”.

The youngest, baby Finley, was born on Christmas Day.

Grandmother Sue Godward and her daughter Niki Mellor managed to baffle 5 live’s Eleanor Oldroyd with their confusing family tree

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38704598

Back to top Go down

Meet the British family spanning six generations Empty Re: Meet the British family spanning six generations

Post by eddie Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:28 pm

I would hate to be in that family!!! Can you imagine having to remember all those bloody birthdays?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Meet the British family spanning six generations Empty Re: Meet the British family spanning six generations

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:48 pm

eddie wrote:I would hate to be in that family!!! Can you imagine having to remember all those bloody birthdays?  

My mum bless her remembers everyone's birthdays and there is so many of us all
I get embarrassed when she sends me money for my birthday. I use the money to then send her flowers.

She is crap with our names though, so many times she gets me and my brothers names mixed up

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:52 pm

Hahahahahah my grandmother used to do that...she'd start with her dog's names first if she was talking to you..."Katie...Popsy...Dizzy...erm..."

She was also weird with money too. One year you'd get a fiver for your birthday and the next year for no apparent reason, you'd get twenty or thirty or even fifty pound. No rhyme or reason except her eccentricity.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:58 pm

eddie wrote:Hahahahahah my grandmother used to do that...she'd start with her dog's names first if she was talking to you..."Katie...Popsy...Dizzy...erm..."

She was also weird with money too. One year you'd get a fiver for your birthday and the next year for no apparent reason, you'd get twenty or thirty or even fifty pound. No rhyme or reason except her eccentricity.

Popsy and Dizzy? Ha ha ha

She always sends me £50 and she does not have loads of money. Years ago I did not bank it and she got really upset. So after that I just decided to use that to send hr lovely flowers. She dos not know that is what I have used the money for, but I don't feel right spending it on myself and I know how much she loves flowers

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:48 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:Hahahahahah my grandmother used to do that...she'd start with her dog's names first if she was talking to you..."Katie...Popsy...Dizzy...erm..."

Popsy and Dizzy? Ha ha ha

She always sends me £50 and she does not have loads of money. Years ago I did not bank it and she got really upset. So after that I just decided to use that to send hr lovely flowers. She dos not know that is what I have used the money for, but I don't feel right spending it on myself and I know how much she loves flowers

Yes that's a lovely thing to do, bless her.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:59 am

My parents  have 13 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren - my mum remembers all their birthdays and names . She's nearly 84 .

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:41 pm

I'm glad we have a small family...I am useless with names, even my OH's sometimes. Razz

I love it when families stretch out to so many generations....we managed 4 for a few years...used to love going out together.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:45 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:

My parents  have 13 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren - my mum remembers all their birthdays and names . She's nearly 84 .

That's impressive. I think I'd just give them all numerical number-names and be done.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down