NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Child Migrants

+2
Spindleshanks
Major
6 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Man Child Migrants Empty Re: Man Child Migrants

Post by Spindleshanks Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:25 pm

Is this the one where despite the outcry that all these migrants were actually adults 3 out of 4 of them were shown to be telling the truth about their ages?
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:27 pm

No it's the one where 3 out of 4 were lying !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:34 pm

nicko wrote:No it's the one where 3 out of 4 were lying !

Really?  

From the article

Figures obtained by The Mail on Sunday from 50 local authorities across England show that social workers carried out 2,028 age tests between 2013-14 and 2015-16. Over these three years, almost one in four of the claimants – 465 – were found to be over 18.

This equates to 3 out of 4 telling the truth does it not?
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Lets just agree to disagree shall we, your wearing me out !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:43 pm

nicko wrote:Lets just agree to disagree shall we,   your wearing me out !

Hahaha, meaning you have no counter argument Laughing
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:49 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
nicko wrote:No it's the one where 3 out of 4 were lying !

Really?  

From the article

Figures obtained by The Mail on Sunday from 50 local authorities across England show that social workers carried out 2,028 age tests between 2013-14 and 2015-16. Over these three years, almost one in four of the claimants – 465 – were found to be over 18.

It doesn't matter what the ratio is. It shouldn't be happening at all. I personally wouldn't want my child to be at any kind of risk of a 'sexual emergency' when a fully grown man is placed among real children. We wouldn't dream of doing that within our own society, never mind with those we have no idea what their psychological background or health issues might be.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:56 pm

25% is quite high.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:03 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

Really?  

From the article

It doesn't matter what the ratio is.   It shouldn't be happening at all.   I personally wouldn't want my child to be at any kind of risk of a 'sexual emergency' when a fully grown man is placed among real children.   We wouldn't dream of doing that within our own society, never mind with those we have no idea what their psychological background or health issues might be.  

Of course, I'm not disputing that. There needs to be an efficient, fail safe way of determining the ages of the child migrants to ensure that those who are still classed as children really are children, but i'm not sure such a thing actually exists.

Perhaps it might be a good idea not to place any dubious cases into schools or homes with other kids until their ages have been determined?

Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:25% is quite high.

Reasonably yes, but not as high as the 75% Nicko claimed it to be.

There are always going to be mistakes made, some of those young people are obviously on the cusp of adulthood but legally still classed as children and this is going to be where the difficulties lie in age determination.

Someone of 17 (legally not yet an adult) is not going to look significantly different from one who is 18 years of age and legally an adult.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:09 pm

I think they need stop using the word "child". It's absurd to call someone who's 17 a child, even though they're not legally an adult.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think they need stop using the word "child". It's absurd to call someone who's 17 a child, even though they're not legally an adult.

I agree actually because it gives people the wrong impression when they see photos of these 'youths/pre adults' in the media.

They are expecting to see young children and yeah some of them absolutely are obviously still kids as we think them to be, but others are closer to adulthood than children.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It doesn't matter what the ratio is.   It shouldn't be happening at all.   I personally wouldn't want my child to be at any kind of risk of a 'sexual emergency' when a fully grown man is placed among real children.   We wouldn't dream of doing that within our own society, never mind with those we have no idea what their psychological background or health issues might be.  

Of course, I'm not disputing that.  There needs to be an efficient, fail safe way of determining the ages of the child migrants to ensure that those who are still classed as children really are children, but i'm not sure such a thing actually exists.

Perhaps it might be a good idea not to place any dubious cases into schools or homes with other kids until their ages have been determined?

Well, there it was strongly suggested that dental examinations ascertain age..but the do gooders got all up in arms about human rights.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think they need stop using the word "child". It's absurd to call someone who's 17 a child, even though they're not legally an adult.

It's ridiculous. A case of selective control. Call them children when they want to do one thing and adults when another.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:09 pm

What happened to all the fraudulent applicants?
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:18 pm

They are still here Miffs, waiting for a house or flat.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Funny Nicko, a percentage of the Jewish children rescued from Germany lied about their age as well to get to safety.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:21 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:

Of course, I'm not disputing that.  There needs to be an efficient, fail safe way of determining the ages of the child migrants to ensure that those who are still classed as children really are children, but i'm not sure such a thing actually exists.

Well, there it was strongly suggested that dental examinations ascertain age..but the do gooders got all up in arms about human rights.

I'm not sure they are as accurate as people hope they are though.

I can't find a link to the British Dental Association itself but this is what has been reported about dental X rays and age determination.

the BDA, which represents dentists and dental students in the UK, disputed claims that dental radiographs could accurately determine whether someone was under 18 or not.

A BDA spokesman said it was "vigorously opposed" to the use of dental X-rays to try to determine the age of asylum seekers."It's not only an inaccurate method for assessing age, but it is both inappropriate and unethical to take radiographs of people when there is no health benefit for them," he added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37700074
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down