NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other?

+8
veya_victaous
JulesV
SEXY MAMA
HoratioTarr
nicko
Ben Reilly
Syl
eddie
12 posters

Go down

Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other? Empty Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other?

Post by eddie Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:03 pm

Man Sees Woman Stuck In Snow, Walks Over To Help, Then Sees Her Bumper Sticker And Just Leaves Her

A man who has spoken out against President-elect Donald Trump on social media posted a story in which he declined to help a woman whose car was stuck in the snow because she had a Trump bumper sticker.

Troy Brown, who said that he doesn’t support “Trump supporters, trafficking, or murderers,” posted the story to Facebook, before attempting to profit from the viral incident with merchandise, Heat Street reports.

Brown reportedly saw the woman’s car stuck in snow in a ditch by the side of the road after a large blizzard hit Ohio. He posted an image of the vehicle on social media, captioning the photo, “I was going to help her but she has a #Trump sticker on her car. #CallYoPresident.”

Brown frequently posts about politics on social media, including posts about Black Lives Matter.

Brown decided to capitalize on the viral post about the Trump supporter by creating merchandise with the image, including T-shirts and hoodies. Brown said that the clothes would be “shipped before Christmas” for those who wanted to order them.

Commenters on Brown’s post debated whether he had gone too far by refusing to help the Trump supporter.

“That’s a great attitude to have towards your fellow human being,” said one user. “What if they were hurt?”

“[Shaking my damn head] at everyone condemning Troy for not helping a complete stranger,” said another, defending Brown. “All you read was ‘didn’t help a Trump supporter’ and everyone lost their damn minds.”

“That’s sad,” said a third commenter. “I pray & hope when you or a family member is ever in need they won’t be judged by the color of their skin or who they did or didn’t vote for.”

Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other? Img_5716

http://heartti.com/man-sees-woman-stuck-snow-walks-help-sees-bumper-sticker-just-leaves/
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other? Empty Re: Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other?

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:06 pm

Sadly it seems so, and I think it's getting worse.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other? Empty Re: Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other?

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:34 pm

You all know how I feel about Trump, but I would have helped regardless of the bumper sticker. People are different.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:02 pm

Damn right people are different. I'd never let someone's political leanings determine whether I'd help them out of trouble.

The bloke in the story is a knob.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:16 pm

I'V even help Scat, if he'd let me.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:21 pm

The man in the story probably isn't a natural helper of others.
It's instinctive to offer help, if you have to weigh up the pros and cons....don't bother.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:25 pm

He's a pathetic idiot. He wouldn't have even have known if the car was actually hers or not, she could've been a car-borrowing-Clinton-supporter.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:08 pm

Well, judging from what happens on this forum, yes.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Some people, it seems just look for reasons to be jerks!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:02 pm

Of course he should have helped. In France they have Good Samaritan laws which punish those who ignore others in distress.

Then again, it seems this guy wanted to make some money out of this. Now this is exactly Trump's MO. Any means to an end and to hell with anyone who suffers in the process is the very definition of Trump's attitude.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:10 pm

Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other? Wnka9Lj
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:15 pm

Bloody twit of a man.

I would help anyone no matter who they are.  See, the world is becoming so hateful, we will eventually blow each other or the earth up.

Tbh many don't deserve this beautiful world we inhabit.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:01 am

Smile

THAT CLOWN in the O/P, Troy Brown,  is a genuine "arsehole"...

I seriously doubt that he would have helped out a stranded motorist, anyway..

People like him will often avoid going to the aid of others, then dream up any old excuse for doing so, after the event.

He is also particularly selective about what wrongs he is opposed to,  and then looks for any chance to profit from his own obnoxious behaviour ?   He's a scumbag of the lowest order..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:59 am

HoratioTarr wrote:Well, judging from what happens on this forum, yes.

Best answer
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:47 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Well, judging from what happens on this forum, yes.

Best answer

Lets face it....what happens on this forum is not a true indication of life as we know it.

I know NO ONE in real life who carries on spewing hate and anger like I see on here.....and I sincerely hope the people who do all the spewing don't act like that when they log off.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:44 pm

I would alert the authorities to anyone who spewed in RL the racist, homophobic, religious intolerant bile that I see on forums - frankly they should feel lucky that a ban from a forum is all they receive.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Ziz wrote:I would alert the authorities to anyone who spewed in RL the racist, homophobic, religious intolerant bile that I see on forums - frankly they should feel lucky that a ban from a forum is all they receive.

It's not just the people who are deemed racist, homophobic etc. It's the nasty way those who hate them respond. That's just as horrible sometimes. Screaming 'liar' at people, accusing them of ganging up, stirring the shit and then toddling off elsewhere to bitch in private and egg each other on. There seems to be a lot of chest puffing from certain people, as though they consider themselves emissaries cheered on for the greater good of the leftie cause. This is a fucking forum, not the House of Commons.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:15 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:

Best answer

Lets face it....what happens on this forum is not a true indication of life as we know it.

I know NO ONE in real life who carries on spewing hate and anger like I see on here.....and I sincerely hope the people who do all the spewing don't act like that when they log off.

Well, one would hope. At least nobody on here wishes death on people, or is allowed to bring in loved ones and family.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Come on Ziz, no one would do it face to face, that type are just "keyboard warriors"
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:16 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ziz wrote:I would alert the authorities to anyone who spewed in RL the racist, homophobic, religious intolerant bile that I see on forums - frankly they should feel lucky that a ban from a forum is all they receive.

It's not just the people who are deemed racist, homophobic etc.  It's the nasty way those who hate them respond.   That's just as horrible sometimes.  Screaming 'liar' at people, accusing them of ganging up, stirring the shit and then toddling off elsewhere to bitch in private and egg each other on.   There seems to be a lot of chest puffing from certain people, as though they consider themselves emissaries cheered on for the greater good of the leftie cause.   This is a fucking forum, not the House of Commons.

I don't care much about any of that, it's just forum bollox after all. I DO care about the rise and influence of the far-right though - those guys mean business.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:19 pm

Ziz wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It's not just the people who are deemed racist, homophobic etc.  It's the nasty way those who hate them respond.   That's just as horrible sometimes.  Screaming 'liar' at people, accusing them of ganging up, stirring the shit and then toddling off elsewhere to bitch in private and egg each other on.   There seems to be a lot of chest puffing from certain people, as though they consider themselves emissaries cheered on for the greater good of the leftie cause.   This is a fucking forum, not the House of Commons.

I don't care much about any of that, it's just forum bollox after all. I DO care about the rise and influence of the far-right though - those guys mean business.

Not much you don't! Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other? Happy-smiley16
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:20 pm

nicko wrote:Come on Ziz,  no one would do it face to face,    that type are just "keyboard warriors"

A black friend of mine once told me that she had been called (or heard muttered behind her back) a n---er almost every day of her life - perhaps she was lying? Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other? 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:21 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Ziz wrote:

Not much you don't! Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other? Happy-smiley16

"They" (whoever you think "they" are) don't gang up on me. Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other? 2190311264

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:28 pm

She was lying Ziz, i'v got two black Grandaughters , the only time they hear that word is when they are talking to other blacks.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:31 pm

nicko wrote:She was lying Ziz, i'v got two black Grandaughters , the only time they hear that word is when they are talking to other blacks.

Glad to hear that white racism has been eradicated in your part of the world. Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other? 77526

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:06 pm

of course political differences make people less humane, indeed given sufficient "difference" it can cause the greatest inhumanity going ...war.
for my self I wouldnt generally take any notice of a persons politics in lending assistance
a "hater" from britain first, injured in a riot would recieve the same level of first aid assistance from me as his fellow hater from the UAF, as would the unfortunate copper stopping a brick from one side or the other, or the innocent passerby caught up in it.

I would pull a vehicle out of the ditch whether it carried a britain first sticker, a uaf sticker, a fish symbol, the rainbow symbol , the Muslim device, a BASC sticker or even (spit) a LACS sticker

What MIGHT make a difference is the PERSON

there are those who I wouldnt piss on if on fire....

whilst we are generally robustly encouraged not to be indiscriminately and seriously INhumane to our fellow citizens, there is NO law in this country that positively REQUIRES us to be positively humane either....

I have said before, there are those walking this earth right now who whilst I wouldnt actually set out to harm (out of respect for the law and a desire not to be locked up), I would certainly allow harm to, by inaction if the situation ever arose.

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:00 pm

I think people use politics to express anger about everything in their life that's shit.
It's a misdirection of anger.

Sure we can be passionate about politics and enjoy debating it, but to allow politics to take over your life and stew until your brain explodes....what a waste of time and energy.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:25 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Exactly that....hate wrapped up in hypocrisy is hard to stomach.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:28 pm

What do you mean by "religious intolerant bile"?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:20 pm

Jules wrote:Of course he should have helped. In France they have Good Samaritan laws which punish those who ignore others in distress. .....

Quoting myself here ...
Obviously if you are woman and it's an isolated, poorly lit road you don't stop and come out of your vehicle to help, you can find other ways of helping. Cos it could be a trap.
Enough said.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

What do you mean by "religious intolerant bile"?

Not my day for clear English it seems - hate speech which encourages religious intolerance.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:59 am

Jules wrote:
Jules wrote:Of course he should have helped. In France they have Good Samaritan laws which punish those who ignore others in distress. .....

Quoting myself here ...
Obviously if you are woman and it's an isolated, poorly lit road you don't stop and come out of your vehicle to help, you can find other ways of helping. Cos it could be a trap.
Enough said.

Idea

In most Western countries these days, you will find that the Good Samaritan Laws are worded to protect the 'First  Responders' --  whether that be the first on the scene, the first to respond to an incident, a first aider or volunteer, or emergency services --  as long as they don't go beyond their own competencies, or deliberately make a situation worse...

In this way, in many jurisdictions it also covers the rescue of babies and children (and often animals) from locked vehicles;  and sometimes maybe even seeing to the welfare of neglected animals..

Here in Australia, a passer-by isn't required to necessarily always go to somebody's aid if they see something happen away from them --  but, once they stop, respond to an incident, or start helping they are then required to carry through with what minimum necessary aid/help they can safely and competently provide (and without putting themself in unnecessary dangers..);  until either more senior/experienced/qualified help takes over, or the casualty/patient/victim dies, or recovers enough not to need further help, or the 'first responder' is too exhausted to carry on.

The Motoring/Road rules here in NSW do state that the first people on the scene of an accident or incident must/should stop and provide whatever assistance they are able to --  butmthat does leadmto one quandary..  HOW  exactly will the authorities know how many vehicles may have driven on past --  and how do they identify and track those "who didn't want to get involved"  ???         Do Political differences stop people from being humane to each other? 2089010162
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:45 pm

I hear you, WYW. Keep a lookout for baby-on -board stickers too. An infant could be under the rubble.

And as a woman you need to be careful who you allow to help you when you are stranded. Should you stay in the car and freeze or throw yourself at the mercy of a mysterious stranger???

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Do people take those "baby on board" things out when there isn't actually a baby on board? I don't think they do.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Jules wrote:I hear you, WYW. Keep a lookout for baby-on -board stickers too. An infant could be under the rubble.

And as a woman you need to be careful who you allow to help you when you are stranded. Should you stay in the car and freeze or throw yourself at the mercy of a mysterious stranger???

Over here the police are ticketing people for starting their automobiles and leaving them idling to warm up without someone either inside them or the vehicle locked up ...calling them 'PUFFERS'. 

A sure 'RED LIGHT' for car thieves to see and steal the auto; or jump in and take off and there are little ones strapped in their car seats in the back! 
Keep a SPARE KEY on you at all times and LOCK THAT CAR UP.  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down