NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC’s Newsbeat Asked If Black People Like Fried Chicken In ‘Unbelievably Racist’ Tweet

+5
nicko
Major
Ben Reilly
Syl
eddie
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BBC’s Newsbeat Asked If Black People Like Fried Chicken In ‘Unbelievably Racist’ Tweet - Page 2 Empty BBC’s Newsbeat Asked If Black People Like Fried Chicken In ‘Unbelievably Racist’ Tweet

Post by eddie Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

BBC’s Newsbeat Asked If Black People Like Fried Chicken In ‘Unbelievably Racist’ Tweet - Page 2 Img_5310

BBC’s Newsbeat has prompted a social media storm after it asked on Twitter: “Black people and fried chicken - is there any truth in it?”

The corporation’s news service aimed at teenagers received immediate condemnation after asking the question playing with a racial stereotype at the end of Black History Month.

The video features the response from young black and white to the question (”A lot of black girls that I know, they’re always like, ‘Yeah I eat loads of chicken because it makes your bum bigger’,” says one). But anger on Twitter seems to stem less from what they said and more that the BBC posed the question in the first place.

For video and twitter comments: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/bbc-newsbeat-deletes-tweet-black-stereotype_uk_5817837be4b04660a439ed67?utm_hp_ref=uk-news

So. Is it racist to ask that question?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

BBC’s Newsbeat Asked If Black People Like Fried Chicken In ‘Unbelievably Racist’ Tweet - Page 2 Empty Re: BBC’s Newsbeat Asked If Black People Like Fried Chicken In ‘Unbelievably Racist’ Tweet

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:08 am

nite ...sleep well
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

BBC’s Newsbeat Asked If Black People Like Fried Chicken In ‘Unbelievably Racist’ Tweet - Page 2 Empty Re: BBC’s Newsbeat Asked If Black People Like Fried Chicken In ‘Unbelievably Racist’ Tweet

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:07 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Had I studied psychology I may have the answer Eddie...but I don't know.
Does something happen in their life...or in their minds, when they are young?

And how can siblings that are brought up together in the same way turn out so differently?

Yes Syl, if you'd taken psychology up you may have been the one to crack it. We shall never know.
I think there must be an "evil gene" inside some people, surely?

cyclops

I COULD SUGGEST that you two look up "Sociopath","Psychopath", and "Psychosis" to gain some idea of how scrambled/twisted/plain wrong brain chemistry to lead some individuals to perform quite evil, vile and simply wrong-headed deeds...        study
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2