NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please do not use other members' personal names

+4
Original Quill
eddie
Major
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Go down

Please do not use other members' personal names Empty Please do not use other members' personal names

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:45 pm

Even if their personal name is well-known to every member, please refrain from using any members' given name in posts. Thank you.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Please do not use other members' personal names Empty Re: Please do not use other members' personal names

Post by eddie Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:50 pm

Major it's a rule that is enforced on most forums.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Please do not use other members' personal names Empty Re: Please do not use other members' personal names

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:59 pm

Can we make up names? I'm sure as hell not going to write out some of those long names...so they either remain nameless, or I'll make up a name.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:38 pm

Just to unnecessarily clarify, this means people's names in real life, the name on their birth certificate, the name their friends call them, whatever.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:42 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Just to unnecessarily clarify, this means people's names in real life, the name on their birth certificate, the name their friends call them, whatever.

Suppose you don't know if its their name or no? It's just the name you knew they by on another forum. That's what happens most times...you just carry on because that's their identity to you.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Just to unnecessarily clarify, this means people's names in real life, the name on their birth certificate, the name their friends call them, whatever.

Suppose you don't know if its their name or no?  It's just the name you knew they by on another forum.  That's what happens most times...you just carry on because that's their identity to you.

Best to use the name they have signed on here with then surely Quill?
See? It's easy done.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Why do some people find certain instructions so hard to follow?....it's hardly rocket science to understand that people prefer not to be called by any name other than what they register with. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:49 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Suppose you don't know if its their name or no?  It's just the name you knew they by on another forum.  That's what happens most times...you just carry on because that's their identity to you.

See? It's easy done.

Nah...too long to type some of 'em.  I'll invent nicknames. If it's an name like syl, that's no problem. But a name like "whose your wolfie" can give you cramps. "Wolf" is good enough.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:59 pm

You can call me Al.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:06 pm

Ziz wrote:You can call me Al.

Meh...an extra 'z' here or there...s'nothing. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:10 pm

Ziz wrote:You can call me Al.

Are you a famous singer? Shocked
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

See? It's easy done.

Nah...too long to type some of 'em.  I'll invent nicknames.  If it's an name like syl, that's no problem.  But a name like "whose your wolfie" can give you cramps.  "Wolf" is good enough.

I like to be simple. Razz
I don't think people object to initials...OQ for eg....or HT.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:20 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Nah...too long to type some of 'em.  I'll invent nicknames.  If it's an name like syl, that's no problem.  But a name like "whose your wolfie" can give you cramps.  "Wolf" is good enough.

Initials or short names. Anything will do. A lot of people we know from other worlds. I've known wolf for nearly a decade, and it took me years to jump from Bee, his former name (lol...which was itself a nickname).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:54 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Initials or short names.  Anything will do.  A lot of people we know from other worlds.  I've known wolf for nearly a decade, and it took me years to jump from Bee, his former name (lol...which was itself a nickname).

I tend not to worry about his name....I never respond to him.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:10 pm

Major wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

How will we know someones REAL name unless THEY tell us????

Precisely. You only know them as you knew them in the past, and that's from them (or the forum on which you knew 'em).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:26 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

See? It's easy done.

Yes, but that is not what Ben is asking us not to do is it?

Don't be difficult Quill.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Jeez. I thought the opening post held the simplest of instructions and hardly needed a reply?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:18 pm

eddie wrote:Jeez. I thought the opening post held the simplest of instructions and hardly needed a reply?

Herding cats Edds, herding cats.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:18 pm

Right...Edsmeralda.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:Right...Edsmeralda.

How sweet. Please do not use other members' personal names 1069003512
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:17 am

Nobody can ever spell my name properly!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:56 pm

using name that are not their real name is fine
like whose your wolfie can be shortened to Wolf
veya_victaous can be shortened to veya etc
and HoratioTarr is HT cause it is so much easier to spell. Cool Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:45 pm

Major wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Nobody can ever spell my name properly!

Hawrashiow Tah

I could spell it with a w but na.

Rolling Eyes lol!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down