NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

US election 2016: Stop whining, Obama tells Donald Trump

2 posters

Go down

US election 2016: Stop whining, Obama tells Donald Trump Empty US election 2016: Stop whining, Obama tells Donald Trump

Post by eddie Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:01 pm

US election 2016: Stop whining, Obama tells Donald Trump

'Stop whining' - Obama says election not 'rigged'
US President Barack Obama has told Donald Trump to "stop whining" as he rejected his claim that next month's White House election will be rigged.

He said Mr Trump's attempt to discredit a poll before it has even taken place was "unprecedented" for a US presidential candidate.

Also "unprecedented", said Mr Obama, was the Republican candidate's "flattery" of Russia's president.

Mr Trump is facing sinking poll numbers and accusations of sexual assault.

The businessman-turned-politician has claimed the 8 November election will be "absolutely rigged" for Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.
But in a White House Rose Garden news conference on Tuesday alongside visiting Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi, Mr Obama said his assertions were "based on no facts".

US Election 2016: Trump fans discuss 'election rigging'
"I'd advise Mr Trump to stop whining and try to make his case to get votes," Mr Obama said.

"By the way," he added, "[it] doesn't really show the kind of leadership and toughness that you want out of a president, if you start whining before the game's even over.

"If whenever things are going badly for you and you lose you start blaming somebody else, then you don't have what it takes to be in this job."

Mr Obama also addressed the Republican candidate's admiring remarks about Vladimir Putin.

"Mr Trump's continued flattery of Mr Putin and the degree to which he appears to model much of his policies and approach to politics on Mr Putin is unprecedented," he said.

His broadside comes a day after Mr Trump said he would consider visiting Russia before taking office, if elected.

He told a talk-radio host: "If I win on November 8, I could see myself meeting with Putin and meeting with Russia prior to the start of the administration."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37697594
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

US election 2016: Stop whining, Obama tells Donald Trump Empty Re: US election 2016: Stop whining, Obama tells Donald Trump

Post by Original Quill Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:08 pm

It's an ironic accusation.  Elections are controlled by the states, not the Federal government.

Some 30 states are controlled by Republicans, and Trump is running on the Republican Party ticket.  If elections are rigged, his own party is rigging them.

I believe he is doing everything he can to make himself controversial, and so stay out of jail. If he can achieve the status of Dick Cheney, he reckons that he can avoid prosecution like Dick Cheney. The more he disrupts foundations, the more controversarial and political he becomes, giving him the excuse that it's political.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

US election 2016: Stop whining, Obama tells Donald Trump Empty Re: US election 2016: Stop whining, Obama tells Donald Trump

Post by eddie Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:28 pm

The whining about the polls came across as particularly childish if you ask me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down