NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madonna Loves disni66a!

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Madonna Loves disni66a! - Page 4 Empty Madonna Loves disni66a!

Post by Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

20th January 2014

So, she believed it was ok, she then reiterated that it was ok, then apologised.

Will she still think there was nothing wrong with saying it?  Probably.

So why did she feel compelled to change her life?

Please discuss.

Madonna on Saturday apologised for using a racial slur on Instagram to refer to her white son, a day after calling those who criticised her language "haters".

On Friday night the singer posted a picture of her 13-year-old son Rocco boxing, and included the comment: "No one messes with Dirty Soap! Mama said knock you out!" She then added “#disnigga”.

The singer quickly deleted the comment after Instagram users berated her for the use of the word, though she was initially defiant. But in a statement to the Associated Press on Saturday, Madonna said: "Forgive me."

The statement said: "I am sorry if I offended anyone with my use of the N word on Instagram. It was not meant as a racial slur. I am not a racist. There's no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention. It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white. I appreciate that it's a provocative word and I apologise if it gave people the wrong impression."

Besides Rocco, Madonna has three other children, including Lourdes, David and Mercy. Mercy and David are black, adopted from the African nation of Malawi.

Earlier this month, Madonna posted a photo of Rocco and his two young friends holding up bottles of liquor. She defended the post as a joke, posting on Instagram: "No one was drinking we were just having fun! Calm down and get a sense of humor! Don't start the year off with judgement!"

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jan/18/madonna-apologises-racial-term-instagram

Back to top Go down

Madonna Loves disni66a! - Page 4 Empty Re: Madonna Loves disni66a!

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:38 am

@ben
you can be racist against your own race.  confused  that is quite common, like the Asians that are called 'bananas'. And I know some Secular arabs and they are racist agaisnt there own race. Shit even I am, looking at houses currently, have thought to myself 'shit, there are a lot of anglos here, probably a dodgey area', Indians and Asians make less trouble than the whites of western sydney.

"nigger" in the United States is a pejorative term for a black person implying that the speaker hates black people
Well it doesn't have the HATE implications elsewhere.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:33 am

Clarkson wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Yes, it is.

Don't you find that strange. It is a genuinely offensive word. You would find it strange if friends were to call each other C--nts and to do so in front of others rather ill mannered.

That's one of my mysteries with you lefties you can square off the use of a terrible word by one colour but not another. Isn't making such an allowance inherently racist?

@ drinky: See, righties don't have any stretch of intelligence.  They deal in symbols and slogans, not facts.  Sometimes one has to think...stretch the mind to think...and that is difficult for some.

Genuinely offensive?  It certainly is if used by a white.  That's what we are saying.  But drinky, you haven't understood what I've been speaking of regarding co-option.  If another race co-opts the word and uses it to taunt whitey, while treating the term as a brotherly pronoun, it's got  a different meaning.  You cannot say it is "genuinely offensive."  Its new meaning is far from offensive.

@sphinx: Modanna is caught in the midst of a dilemma.  She is white, but she is the step-mother of a black.  Now why do you say she must identify as a black?  First, sassy is quite right that the child has never been exposed to the word, so why do you (Madonna) expose the child.  Alternatively, Modonna could call her child a niggah and possibly create further confusions.  What does the child think of his white mother calling him/her a niggah?  The child has probably learned it's a derogatory term to someone, somewhere.  That's a mixed message.

And, second, it would seem to be the wiser course if Madonna took the child aside and explained the dilemma in detail.  Now Madonna is probably not as smart as we are, but she could convey that there is some confusion about the meaning of the term...and s/he should probably move with caution.

You, on the other hand, are simply trying to co-opt the term back to the raw racists.  You are using the fact of Blacks using the term to say anyone should use the term, for whatever purpose.  I think that's a profound misunderstanding.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:17 am

Original Quill wrote:
Clarkson wrote:

Don't you find that strange. It is a genuinely offensive word. You would find it strange if friends were to call each other C--nts and to do so in front of others rather ill mannered.

That's one of my mysteries with you lefties you can square off the use of a terrible word by one colour but not another. Isn't making such an allowance inherently racist?

@ drinky: See, righties don't have any stretch of intelligence.  They deal in symbols and slogans, not facts.  Sometimes one has to think...stretch the mind to think...and that is difficult for some.

Genuinely offensive?  It certainly is if used by a white.  That's what we are saying.  But drinky, you haven't understood what I've been speaking of regarding co-option.  If another race co-opts the word and uses it to taunt whitey, while treating the term as a brotherly pronoun, it's got  a different meaning.  You cannot say it is "genuinely offensive."  Its new meaning is far from offensive.

@sphinx: Modanna is caught in the midst of a dilemma.  She is white, but she is the step-mother of a black.  Now why do you say she must identify as a black?  First, sassy is quite right that the child has never been exposed to the word, so why do you (Madonna) expose the child.  Alternatively, Modonna could call her child a niggah and possibly create further confusions.  What does the child think of his white mother calling him/her a niggah?  The child has probably learned it's a derogatory term to someone, somewhere.  That's a mixed message.

And, second, it would seem to be the wiser course if Madonna took the child aside and explained the dilemma in detail.  Now Madonna is probably not as smart as we are, but she could convey that there is some confusion about the meaning of the term...and s/he should probably move with caution.

You, on the other hand, are simply trying to co-opt the term back to the raw racists.  You are using the fact of Blacks using the term to say anyone should use the term, for whatever purpose.  I think that's a profound misunderstanding.

The thing is...Drinky, and certain others of his ilk, doesn't feel any kind of worry, to use the very over the top homosexual slur words...He and others will use, the old fashioned mocking slur words from the 70's!

....Then when a homosexual would dare to call them 'A fucking bigoted, nasty scum bag 'NAZI' 'C...T'

....Then they go fucking mad!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:23 am

....It's on these boards!

They expect people to fucking ignore it!

Some gay people do!....It doesn't sit right with me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:31 am

Catman wrote:....It's on these boards!

They expect people to fucking ignore it!

Some gay people do!....It doesn't sit right with me!

Nor me, cat. Nor me.

That's why I go to great lengths to analyze the issue.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:45 am

veya_victaous wrote:@ben
you can be racist against your own race.  confused  that is quite common, like the Asians that are called 'bananas'. And I know some Secular arabs and they are racist agaisnt there own race. Shit even I am, looking at houses currently, have thought to myself  'shit, there are a lot of anglos here, probably a dodgey area', Indians and Asians make less trouble than the whites of western sydney.

"nigger" in the United States is a pejorative term for a black person implying that the speaker hates black people
Well it doesn't have the HATE implications elsewhere.

But as this story is about Madonna, who was born in Detroit, 'Murica, it applies.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4