NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died.

+5
eddie
HoratioTarr
JulesV
Tommy Monk
Syl
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died. - Page 2 Empty How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died.

Post by Syl Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-order-singer-peter-hook-8967361

I suppose this no mark has to drum up interest for his book somehow....creep.

"New Order bassist Peter Hook has revealed he was subjected to serious physical abuse by wife Caroline Aherne .
The comedian, who died this year, would attack him with knives and bottles as well as putting cigarettes out on in his arm, he says in a new book.
Hook met his comedy star Caroline in Manchester's Hacienda club and they married in Las Vegas in 1994, reports the Manchester Evening News .
But writing in his new autobiography, bassist Hook claims to have endured physical and mental abuse during the couple’s three-year relationship.
Royle Family and Mrs Merton star Caroline died in July after a third battle with cancer, while Hook was still working on his book.

The chapter on life with Aherne, entitled “Marry in haste, repent at leisure”, appears in the book Substance, which also deals with Hooks music career and associations with Factory Records and the Hacienda, as well as a comprehensive account of his years with the band New Order.
Published on Thursday, the book charts the band’s transition from Joy Division after the tragic death of lead singer Ian Curtis in 1980 into New Order; the band’s rise to global success and the rock ‘n’ roll excesses along the way in eye-popping detail."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died. - Page 2 Empty Re: How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died.

Post by magica Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:25 pm

My tuppence worth.

I think he is saying all this now because she is dead, and not to gain money from this. Lets be honest many men are abused and will not speak out because they think people will laugh, well its no laughing matter. I think by speaking out now, he may help others who are or have been abused by women to know that they're not alone and are not a wimp for taking it.

I also think writing a book will put his bank balance up of course and also waited til she was dead, because he didn't want a court war maybe. I do wish he had said it when she was alive though, as she can't refute the allegations.

Either way I don't think he is lying, I do believe she abused him she was known for her temper and lashing out and I do think women abusing men is as bad as men abusing women. Many don't speak out for fear, not wanting people to know, and really try to believe they wont do it again - but ofcourse they always do.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died. - Page 2 Empty Re: How's this for stabbing someone in the back after they have died.

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:30 pm

Syl wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-order-singer-peter-hook-8967361

"New Order bassist Peter Hook has revealed he was subjected to serious physical abuse by wife Caroline Aherne .
The comedian, who died this year, would attack him with knives and bottles as well as putting cigarettes out on in his arm, he says in a new book.
Hook met his comedy star Caroline in Manchester's Hacienda club and they married in Las Vegas in 1994, reports the Manchester Evening News .
But writing in his new autobiography, bassist Hook claims to have endured physical and mental abuse during the couple’s three-year relationship.
Royle Family and Mrs Merton star Caroline died in July after a third battle with cancer, while Hook was still working on his book.

The chapter on life with Aherne, entitled “Marry in haste, repent at leisure”, appears in the book Substance, which also deals with Hooks music career and associations with Factory Records and the Hacienda, as well as a comprehensive account of his years with the band New Order.
Published on Thursday, the book charts the band’s transition from Joy Division after the tragic death of lead singer Ian Curtis in 1980 into New Order; the band’s rise to global success and the rock ‘n’ roll excesses along the way in eye-popping detail."

don't know if he was or wasn't, but why do women get believed and not men?
she suffered from her demons during her life, only they really know if violence was one of them.

I always thought she was a very funny woman, but dont make a saint out of her just for dying.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Syl wrote:They split 20 years ago, he kept quiet then no doubt frightened he could have been hit with a libel charge....that's IF he would have even been published, which I doubt.

Now of course she is dead and cant defend herself, and the libel laws no longer apply.
are all savils victims to be disbelieved because they waited until he was dead?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:33 pm

eddie wrote:Perhaps they can find some reason to sue him for lies or slander? I don't know the laws.

Thing is, with celebrities nowadays living their lives all over social media and in the news, it's a crappy price they have to pay.  She was an alcoholic and I daresay she would have been a nightmare to live with.

Alcohol turns some people nasty. I've experienced it myself.
you cant. She's dead.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Syl wrote:
Jules wrote:

OK thanks for a precise and straightforward reply, Syl.

Now here are my thoughts on the matter. If he suffered that much he has a right to speak out about it.  Some men who suffered from female domestic violence 20 years ago may have keep it a secret, out of pride and fear of ridicule.
It wasn't the right climate to talk about such things. It seemed umanly and effeminate
But now in these modern, progressive times, men are allowed to show their emotions and talk about traumatic issues which caused them pain.

The timing of these revelations could be sheer opportunism, yes,... or it could be that she had some sort of hold over him.

You are welcome Jules.

I agree that abused men should speak out, but he has waited till she died.
They were married for 3 years and have been divorced for 20....he had ample time to speak out.

I don't believe he has written the book now because she had some sort of hold over him, other than if she was still alive she could sue the arse off him if he was libelling her, and also she could speak out about his abuse of her.
As it is he has a free run.
have you considered he waited until she was dead so she didn't have to face it.

The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:39 pm

Syl wrote:Very few I hope....he only became as well known as he did because of her. His band was the one she used to introduce when she played the Mrs Merton character on TV.
he was the bass player of new order and joy division( no not that one), not my cup of tea but a big names in their time.
if you watch mrs merton you can see he is treated very dismissively there, but it was only a comedy show of course. the best comedy reflects the truth
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:42 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
Syl wrote:They split 20 years ago, he kept quiet then no doubt frightened he could have been hit with a libel charge....that's IF he would have even been published, which I doubt.

Now of course she is dead and cant defend herself, and the libel laws no longer apply.

Lots of Saviles victims reported him to various police forces  police when he was alive, they were fobbed off.
The police began to listen to the accusations and take them seriously after his death.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:43 pm

Syl wrote:

You are welcome Jules.

I agree that abused men should speak out, but he has waited till she died.
They were married for 3 years and have been divorced for 20....he had ample time to speak out.

I don't believe he has written the book now because she had some sort of hold over him, other than if she was still alive she could sue the arse off him if he was libelling her, and also she could speak out about his abuse of her.
As it is he has a free run.
have you considered he waited until she was dead so she didn't have to face it.

No...much more likely he waited till after she died so he couldn't be sued for libel.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:46 pm

Syl wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/new-order-singer-peter-hook-8967361

she suffered from her demons during her life, only they really know if violence was one of them.

I always thought she was a very funny woman, but dont make a saint out of her just for dying.

No one has said he wasn't abused, maybe he was and maybe he also abused her....the point is she is not here to defend herself.
He had 20 years to speak out.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:48 pm

magica wrote:My tuppence worth.

I think he is saying all this now because she is dead, and not to gain money from this.  Lets be honest many men are abused and will not speak out because they think people will laugh, well its no laughing matter.  I think by speaking out now, he may help others who are or have been abused by women to know that they're not alone and are not a wimp for taking it.

I also think writing a book will put his bank balance up of course and also waited til she was dead, because he didn't want a court war maybe.  I do wish he had said it when she was alive though, as she can't refute the allegations.

Either way I don't think he is lying, I do believe she abused him she was known for her temper and lashing out and I do think women abusing men is as bad as men abusing women.  Many don't speak out for fear, not wanting people to know, and really try to believe they wont do it again - but ofcourse they always do.

Maybe if his intention in writing the book is NOT to make money he will donate the profits to an abused mens charity then......as if.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:53 pm

The bit about her will be a small part of the book.

And he has every right to talk about it.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The bit about her will be a small part of the book.

The 'bit' he has written about her is entitled "Marry in hast repent at leasure'....no doubt she would be thinking the same thing if she was here.
Yes he does have every right....he made sure he can say what he wants about her now she is dead....the coward.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:03 pm

She is not the victim here... he was a victim of her violence...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

She is not the victim here... he was a victim of her violence...

You only have his word for that....was it mentioned in the divorce? Was it ever mentioned when she could defend herself? In fact was it ever mentioned in the 20 years since they divorced??
Wonder why.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:36 pm

Maybe he didn't say anything while she was alive because he didn't want to cause her any problems...

I doubt he has been waiting for her to die just so he can write a book about his life...

He's decided to write a book now at this point in his life... and she just happens to be dead...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Maybe he didn't say anything while she was alive because he didn't want to cause her any problems...

I doubt he has been waiting for her to die just so he can write a book about his life...

He's decided to write a book now at this point in his life... and she just happens to be dead...
lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:49 pm

Why you laugh...

Are you saying he has been waiting years for her to die just so he can write a biography...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Why you laugh...

Are you saying he has been waiting years for her to die just so he can write a biography...?

I'm laughing because he must have written a full book bloody quickly, she has only been dead 3 months.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:58 pm

In the op it says hook was working on the book before she died...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:In the op it says hook was working on the book before she died...

Yes I bet he was....and waiting patiently till he could release it without fear of being sued. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:07 am

I doubt very much that he was waiting for her to die to finish his book...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:38 am

I wonder if what he wrote about her changed after she died? Him, Joey Barton and Victoria Wood's brother, all 3 opportunistic little shites, happily re writing history and trying to profit from the dead.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:59 am

People will buy his book if they're interested, and if they're not, they won't. I think he's a fine bass player, and that's it. I'm not particularly interested in what Caroline Aherne might or might not have done. She's gone, and she can't defend herself.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:19 pm

Syl wrote:

No one has said he wasn't abused, maybe he was and maybe he also abused her....the point is she is not here to defend herself.
He had 20 years to speak out.
perhaps, as I said before, he did not want her to have to face the allegations.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Syl wrote:

Lots of Saviles victims reported him to various police forces  police when he was alive, they were fobbed off.
The police began to listen to the accusations and take them seriously after his death.
perhaps, but the majority didn't, they waited until he was dead, they have been uniformly believed.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:21 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:The bit about her will be a small part of the book.

The 'bit' he has written about her is entitled "Marry in hast repent at leasure'....no doubt she would be thinking the same thing if she was here.
Yes he does have every right....he made sure he can say what he wants about her now she is dead....the coward.
so once an abuser dies no one should mention any abuse?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:22 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

it's unlikely he knocked out the book in the few weeks since she died, so he may well have been going to publish it even if she was.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:23 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Why you laugh...

I'm laughing because he must have written a full book bloody quickly, she has only been dead 3 months.
which rather destroys your whole premise.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:37 pm

Syl wrote:

perhaps, but the majority didn't, they waited until he was dead, they have been uniformly believed.
They have been believed because so many people from different areas claimed the same sort of abuse happened to them, also the ones who had reported him decades ago were now listened to, plus people who actually knew about him spoke out....albeit in hindsight, but then they had to protect their own jobs didn't they.

I'm not sure why you brought a disgusting paedophile up who raped boys, girls, terminally ill people and anyone else he could get his hands on with a Caroline Ahern.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:39 pm

Syl wrote:

Really....how?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:44 pm

Syl wrote:

Really....how?
well the book would have been written before she died and a publishing date would have been set some time ago.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:57 pm

Syl wrote:

Really....how?
well the book would have been written before she died and a publishing date would have been set some time ago.

My comment was an attempt at irony when Tommy said "He's decided to write a book now at this time of his life, and she just happens to be dead"
Of course he hasn't written the book since she died.
How do you know he didn't have an agreement with the publisher to wait till after she had died before the book was published??
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:37 pm

Now you're stretching things... and being a bit sylly again...!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:25 pm

It's not silly though, it's very probably what happened....think about it sensibly...

He had 20 years to write his book.

He waited till now to release his book containing libelous content.

The book was obviously written prior to her death but not released till after she died.

You cannot libel a dead person. He can say what he wants about her without fear of reprisal.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:36 pm

He has lived another 20 years since he was married to her...

You need to have lived to write a book about your life.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:He has lived another 20 years since he was married to her...

You need to have lived to write a book about your life.

So one would have thought if 20 years had passed and you had both moved on...to churn up what(allegedly) happened between you both a few weeks after your ex dies, even though nothing was reported back then....the question would be asked WHY NOW?
The logical answer(apart from money) is...because he can get away with it. The one person who could dispute it is dead.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:43 pm

Nope he's being a nasty bully tbh.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:48 pm

You can't bully dead people you clown... unless you are doing it through oija board...!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2