NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ukip denies that Farage is coaching Donald Trump for next debate

5 posters

Go down

Ukip denies that Farage is coaching Donald Trump for next debate Empty Ukip denies that Farage is coaching Donald Trump for next debate

Post by eddie Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:04 am

Ukip denies that Farage is coaching Donald Trump for next debate

Ukip has denied reports that Nigel Farage has flown to the US to coach the Republican presidential nominee, Donald Trump, for his next debate with Hillary Clinton.

Farage hinted in his farewell speech at Ukip’s conference last month that he might return to Trump’s side following an appearance with the Republican candidate in August, saying: “Who knows, I may even go back to the United States of America at some point.” Ukip sources at the conference also confirmed Farage would travel to the US to help support Trump before the election.

It had been reported that Farage, who announced he would step down as leader of Ukip less than two weeks after the country voted to leave the European Union, left for the US after the first presidential debate, which it is now widely accepted Clinton won.

A Ukip spokesman denied the reports but did not confirm or deny if Farage would be heading to the US in the future.

In August, Farage appeared alongside Trump at a rally in Mississippi, during which the Republican nominee likened his presidential bid to the Brexit campaign. Farage stopped short of endorsing Trump outright, but said: “I will say this: if I was an American citizen, I wouldn’t vote for Hillary Clinton if you paid me.”

‘Wouldn’t vote for Hillary if you paid me’: Nigel Farage at Trump rally
Trump attempted to shrug off polls suggesting voters thought Clinton had outdone him in the first debate by claiming he was holding back because he did not want to embarrass her.

Politics aside, Farage is considered a skilled orator and debater. In the days leading up to the June EU referendum vote, the then prime minister, David Cameron, refused to debate with him, agreeing only to appear on the same programme. And following a one-on-one televised clash with former deputy prime minister Nick Clegg on the issue of Europe, polls suggested viewers were swayed by Farage.

However, Farage would be unlikely to steer Trump away from making outlandish and controversial remarks, to which Farage is no stranger. In debates, speeches and radio station appearances, the former Ukip leader has called for immigrants with HIV to be banned from Britain, said he would be concerned if his neighbours were Romanian, suggested breastfeeding mothers should “sit in a corner”, and said women were paid less because they were simply “worth far less”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/oct/01/nigel-farage-donald-trump-ukip-presidential-debate-us?CMP=fb_gu
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Ukip denies that Farage is coaching Donald Trump for next debate Empty Re: Ukip denies that Farage is coaching Donald Trump for next debate

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:13 am

Two peas in a pod, really. Seems there's a lot of admiration for Trump from Farage supporters, and that a few Trump supporters have actually heard of Farage...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Ukip denies that Farage is coaching Donald Trump for next debate Empty Re: Ukip denies that Farage is coaching Donald Trump for next debate

Post by eddie Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:15 am

To be fair, not that I would vote for Farage, but he's not quite as stupid and egotistical as Trump.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:42 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Two peas in a pod, really. Seems there's a lot of admiration for Trump from Farage supporters, and that a few Trump supporters have actually heard of Farage...

Laughing

Yep...

Those two are truly the epitome of such genuinely charming human beings..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:54 pm

You can't compare Farage with Trump, Trump wants the power, Farage wants OUR country to have the power to make our own decisions!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:14 pm

eddie wrote:To be fair, not that I would vote for Farage, but he's not quite as stupid and egotistical as Trump.
Neither is yoghurt .
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down