NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nigel Farage denies being forced out of marital home after 'affair' claims

Go down

Nigel Farage denies being forced out of marital home after 'affair' claims Empty Nigel Farage denies being forced out of marital home after 'affair' claims

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:27 pm

Nigel Farage denies being forced out of marital home after 'affair' claims 3142_4956

The Ukip leader said it was 'ridiculous' and 'insane' to suggest that he had been asked to move out Photo: Steve Finn

Ukip leader dismisses rumour of problems at marital home as ridiculous after being accused of paying 'former mistress' on EU expenses

His wife, Kirsten Mehr, who usually drives him to the station, was keeping a low profile following allegations that her husband had an affair with his press officer, Annabelle Fuller.

Mr Farage, who was pictured carrying a bag outside his home in Kent, later denied he had been kicked out by his wife after a fellow MEP claimed that his "former mistress" is on his taxpayer-funded payroll.

The UK Independence Party leader said it was "ridiculous" and "insane" to suggest that he had been asked to move out.

"It's ridiculous," he said. "I left home at 11 o'clock - I came to work. This is completely insane. It's a load of b-------."

Meanwhile, a video emerged in which Mr Farage boasts about how he is paid more than a Goldman Sachs banker because he employs his wife as a secretary.

The video, which dates from 1999, shows Mr Farage saying that "everyone's a winner with Europe".

The emergence of the video has fuelled Ukip concerns that the Conservative Party are orchestrating a smear campaign against Mr Farage and members of his party.

In the video Mr Farage is seen fanning himself with bank notes and criticising the expenses regime in the European Parliament.

He then says that for four working four days and making one journey he can claim £1,900.

He adds: "It's a good job this. I worked it out that because so much of what you get is after tax that if you used the secretarial allowances to pay your wife on top of all the other games you play I reckon this job in sterling terms is worth over £250,000 a year to you - that is what you would need to earn working for Goldman Sachs or someone like that."

Mr Farage's German-born second wife, Kirsten Mehr, is employed by him on a salary of up to £20,000 a year using EU parliamentary assistant allowances that are worth almost £220,000.

Miss Fuller is paid out of the allowance as a "local assistant" working at Ukip's London press office.

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/news/article/3142/nigel-farage-denies-being-forced-out-of-marital-home-after-039affair039-claims

No  Tut! Tut!

Back to top Go down