NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UKIP Councillor David Silvester In Bizarre Homophobic Rant Blaming Gay Marriage For Bad Weather

5 posters

Go down

UKIP Councillor David Silvester In Bizarre Homophobic Rant Blaming Gay Marriage For Bad Weather Empty UKIP Councillor David Silvester In Bizarre Homophobic Rant Blaming Gay Marriage For Bad Weather

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:21 pm

The UKIP Councillor for Henley on Thames in Oxfordshire has written an odd, homophobic letter to a local newspaper.

David Silvester, who resigned from the Conservative Party over David Cameron’s same-sex marriage policy, has said gay marriage is to blame for Britain's recent spell of bad weather in a letter to The Henley Standard.

He wrote: "Since the passage of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act, the nation has been beset by serious storms and floods."

Ukip have reacted to the councillor's comments by telling HuffPost: "If the media are expecting UKIP to either condemn or condone someone's personal religious views they will get absolutely no response."

Ominously discussing the flooding in his letter to the newspaper Mr Silvester ponders: "Is this just global warming or is there something more serious at work?"

Expanding on this rather doom-laden suggestion, he launches into an eyebrow-raising tirade, quoting The Bible, and explaining that acts like gay marriage are to blame for storms, disease, pestilence and war.

"The scriptures make it abundantly clear that a Christian nation that abandons its faith and acts contrary to the Gospel (and in naked breach of a coronation oath) will be beset by natural disasters."

He does say he warned the Prime Minister about the gays and their apparent secret agenda to destroy humanity, adding: "I wrote to David Cameron in April 2012 to warn him that disasters would accompany the passage of his same sex marriage Bill.

"But he went ahead despite a 600,000-signature petition by concerned Christians and more than half of his own parliamentary party saying that he should not do so.

"Now, even as Cameron sheds crocodile tears on behalf of destitute flooded homeowners, playing at advocate against the very local councils he has made cash-strapped, it is his fault that large swathes of the nation have been afflicted by storms and floods.

"He has arrogantly acted against the Gospel that once made Britain 'great' and the lesson surely to be learned is that no man or men, however powerful, can mess with Almighty God with impunity and get away with it for everything a nation does is weighed on the scaled of divine approval or disapproval."

Unfortunately for the councillor, more bad weather is predicted – so it seems gay marriage is going nowhere fast.

A Ukip spokeswoman told the Huffington Post UK that "freedom to individual thought and expression is a central tenet of any open minded and democratic country.

"It is quite evident that this is not the Party's belief but the councillor's own and he is more than entitled to express independent thought despite whether or not other people may deem it standard or correct.

"That is what makes the United Kingdom such a wonderful, proud, diverse and free country."

But the Conservative District Councillor for Henley on Thames told HuffPost Mr Silvester's comments highlighted how Ukip would take the UK back to the Stone Age if elected.

"Playing 'spot the wrath' with pages of the Henley Standard is absurd,” William Hall said.

"Many people around here appreciate a sound stance on cutting taxes and getting out of the EU but once you scratch the surface UKIP is a party that would take us back to the Stone Age."

The Henley Standard has been contacted for comment.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/18/ukip-homophobic-gay-_n_4622332.html?1390044678&utm_hp_ref=uk

I posted this also on the other forum, I still cannot believe a person in a position as a Councillor would come out with something so absurd

Back to top Go down

UKIP Councillor David Silvester In Bizarre Homophobic Rant Blaming Gay Marriage For Bad Weather Empty Re: UKIP Councillor David Silvester In Bizarre Homophobic Rant Blaming Gay Marriage For Bad Weather

Post by Guest Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:28 pm

And then I bet he'd go on to say that muslims were indoctrinated lol

Back to top Go down

UKIP Councillor David Silvester In Bizarre Homophobic Rant Blaming Gay Marriage For Bad Weather Empty Re: UKIP Councillor David Silvester In Bizarre Homophobic Rant Blaming Gay Marriage For Bad Weather

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:32 pm

I think if there's an almighty God and he's really that angry, he should just be straightforward about it. What kind of passive-aggressive dickhead would create bad weather and leave everyone to guess what it meant?  ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: 
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Is God really so ambiguous that he creates weird shit code that has to be decrypted by ignoramus messengers to be explained to the masses?
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:30 pm

the whole argument is retarded,

It is obviously the rise of UKIP, I mean we have plenty of gays here and we have great weather  Laughing Laughing Laughing 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:53 pm

Religious nutter.  ::rambo:: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:30 am

They have now suspended him, which is no suprise, what an idiot though:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/19/ukip-suspends-gay-rant-councillor-david-silvester_n_4627583.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:32 am

UKIP reminds me a lot of the Republican Party in that they seem to have a few people who know not to say these things who are losing the war to rein in the rest of them ...

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/gop-pollsters-stop-talking-about-rape-86358.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:41 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:UKIP reminds me a lot of the Republican Party in that they seem to have a few people who know not to say these things who are losing the war to rein in the rest of them ...

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/gop-pollsters-stop-talking-about-rape-86358.html

...As much as i hate them, i for one, am going to stop posting any more news stories about them...They steal votes from the Tories...It's only a few months until the Euro elections, Labour are in first position...So it's best to leave off for a few months!  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:47 am

Catman wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:UKIP reminds me a lot of the Republican Party in that they seem to have a few people who know not to say these things who are losing the war to rein in the rest of them ...

...As much as i hate them, i for one, am going to stop posting any more news stories about them...They steal votes from the Tories...It's only a few months until the Euro elections, Labour are in first position...So it's best to leave off for a few months!  Cool 

Wish it were that way here in America. You've heard all this stuff about Chris Christie? Well, it's actually making Republicans like him more as they hear Democrats are upset with him -- anything the Democrats don't like must be good in their book! Hey, I'll keep piling on if that means he runs for president, because no way is Christie going to win after this stuff has come out.

Conservatives increasingly live in their own air-tight little world:

On Election Night, I tweeted that Republicans shocked about Mitt Romney's loss Tuesday should be angry at a conservative media that misled them about the former Massachusetts' governor's chances.

In the waning days of the race, much of this manifested in raising doubts about the polls and comical exaggerations about the possibility of a Romney landslide. Rush Limbaugh told his millions of listeners that "everything except the polls points to a Romney landslide," but the problem went beyond mavens like Limbaugh to afflict more well-regarded political analysts like Michael Barone and George Will. The Weekly Standard's Jay Cost wrote, "I am not willing to take polls at face value anymore. I am more interested in connecting the polls to history and the long-run structure of American politics, and when I do that I see a Romney victory." Analysts like Karl Rove—who through his stewardship of outside spending groups had a clear financial interest in giving upbeat assessments of Romney's chances—were given prominent perches to hoodwink the viewers of Fox News and the readers of the Wall Street Journal. And as Media Matters' Simon Maloy documents, Jennifer Rubin, the Washington Post's pro-Romney blogger, expressed a far less sanguine view of campaign events after the election than she did when she covered them in real time.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/11/conservative-media-mitt-romney-lying
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:51 am

This made me chuckle in regards to this debate:

Remember the stunning lightning storm in Brazil last week that gave us these incredible pictures?
UKIP Councillor David Silvester In Bizarre Homophobic Rant Blaming Gay Marriage For Bad Weather O-CHRIST-THE-REDEEMER-570
Well, turns out there was a casualty - the thumb of Christ.
Officials from the Archdiocese of Rio, which manages the Christ the Redeemer statue, has said it was struck directly on its right thumb and was chipped.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/18/christ-the-redeemer-statue-damaged-lightning-storm-_n_4623550.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Jesus attacking his own  image with lightning.

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:25 am

I don't mean to take the piddle here, but if Call Me Dave had spent more money of flood defences instead of promoting gay marriage, maybe....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:31 am

As it happens, UKIP may be happy to know it is all the fault of the EU. If you bother to read the article at the Daily Mail, you'll probably agree:

We all know what’s gone wrong, or we think we do: not enough spending on flood defences. It’s true that government cuts have exposed thousands of homes to greater risk, but too little public spending is a small part of the problem.

It is dwarfed by another factor, overlooked in public discussion: too much public spending.

Vast amounts, running into billions, are spent every year on policies that make devastating floods inevitable. This is the story that has not been told, a story of destructive perversity.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2541773/Drowned-EU-millions-Thought-extreme-weather-blame-floods-Wrong-The-real-culprit-European-subsidies-pay-UK-farmers-destroy-trees-soak-storm.html#ixzz2qvgJnPv3

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:58 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:
As it happens, UKIP may be happy to know it is all the fault of the EU.  If you bother to read the article at the Daily Mail, you'll probably agree:

We all know what’s gone wrong, or we think we do:  not enough spending on flood defences. It’s true that government cuts have exposed thousands of homes to greater risk, but too little public spending is a small part of the problem.

It is dwarfed by another factor, overlooked in public discussion: too much public spending.

Vast amounts, running into billions, are spent every year on policies that make devastating floods inevitable. This is the story that has not been told, a story of destructive perversity.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2541773/Drowned-EU-millions-Thought-extreme-weather-blame-floods-Wrong-The-real-culprit-European-subsidies-pay-UK-farmers-destroy-trees-soak-storm.html#ixzz2qvgJnPv3

Laughing 

How DO you keep on coming up with this sort of crap, Andy' !!!

IT can't be easy to keep on dredging up this kind of bulldust..

AND as long as Britain's newspapers and decision makers keep on believing such crappola, your floods will keep on pouring on down.

OBVIOUSLY, it hasn't yet occurred to British town planners to stop building towns in floodplains and watercourses..   Rolling Eyes   

Well, now that you've brought that up, we just don't have any choice do we - we need millions more houses for the foreign invasion!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:15 pm

@andy
Better get out your Redcoat

::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: ::roglol:: 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:13 pm

Vote UKIP.......You know it makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:27 pm

Ben wrote:Wish it were that way here in America. You've heard all this stuff about Chris Christie? Well, it's actually making Republicans like him more as they hear Democrats are upset with him -- anything the Democrats don't like must be good in their book! Hey, I'll keep piling on if that means he runs for president, because no way is Christie going to win after this stuff has come out.

I don't worry too much about that.  The Republican brand has been so trashed that only the goons or the far right will vote Republican anyway.

Christie is the only hope that the Republicans have.  He is a NE Republican, and the last and only legitimate candidate the Party can put up that isn't a tea partier.  But, his coat is tarnished by now.  Of course, they are going to feign support for him...what else do they have?  But I look forward to the run-off: Vote for the Christie, or park your car forever after.  Forget the bridge...now they have the US Attorney looking into the Sandy fund fraud.

Won't play well in Iowa.  They just don't like machine politics.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:38 am

You know the interesting thing about this story?

This man had been coming out with exactly the same sort of theories and warnings and claims for years - as an elected Tory Councillor. Nobody paid any attention to him. The media were not interested.

He defects to UKIP - does not change his rhetoric of years - and within months that unchanged rhetoric is headline news.

So what explanation is there for a man being ignored while a member of one party - but headline when he becomes a member of another.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down