NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use?

+7
Fred Moletrousers
eddie
'Wolfie
Ben Reilly
Major
nicko
blackie333
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Empty Re: The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use?

Post by nicko Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:28 am

TRY taking the spuds,cabbages,onions ect from around my Farm and you'll get an arse full of number 6 shot!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Empty Re: The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Never been mushroom picking, I bet Eddie has!!  But when we were kids we'd always go searching for blackberries, greengages etc.  When I used to go is now a housing estate.  It's a shame but it's harder to find free food these days although I think Victor has got it sorted The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Duck_s10

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:44 pm

DON'T get free veg, but I do get Pigeon, Rabbit, Pheasant, Partridge,Duck, and Goose. [when in season] There are Muntjac deer around but I can't shoot them, they remind me of Labradors with small horns.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:51 pm

There are pecan trees all over my neighborhood, and few people seem to take advantage of them or harvest anything. I just pick up a pocketful here and there and before long I've got enough for several of these beauties:

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Classic-Pecan-Pie-3-Barbara-Bakes
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:23 pm

Smile

Last time I looked...

Plants, including fungi and yeasts,  were living things, too...

Have you ever been fishing, blackie ?
Or is it only certain kinds of animals you object to harvesting ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:37 pm

Do you eat meat Blackie, if so where do you get it from?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:38 am

Owls wont frighten Squirrels Blackie, more the other way round.
More likely the Squirrels have found another source of food.

The little buggers are always on my Bird table nicking the Bird seed!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:31 am

blackie333 wrote:
nicko wrote:
Do you eat meat Blackie,    if so where do you get it from?

I meant of the animal varety.
Owls are in the oak trees behind my place now so no more squirrels which I miss seeing every morning Crying or Very sad

Question

"NOT of the animal variety..." ???

What other source for meat and fish is there ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:05 am

Hahahahaha I think Blackie has had too many fermented grapes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:44 am

nicko wrote:TRY taking the spuds,cabbages,onions ect from around my Farm and you'll get an arse full of number 6 shot!!  

Good way to keep the buggers out is to surround the place with sheep fence set at a height of roughly the inside leg measurement of the average rambler...and then couple it up to a defibrillator unit instead of a 12 volt battery.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:47 am

blackie333 wrote:
nicko wrote:Do you eat meat Blackie,    if so where do you get it from?

I meant of the animal varety.
Owls are in the oak trees behind my place now so no more squirrels which I miss seeing every morning Crying or Very sad

Most self respecting squirrels are safely tucked up in bed at the time owls are most active.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:31 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:There are pecan trees all over my neighborhood, and few people seem to take advantage of them or harvest anything. I just pick up a pocketful here and there and before long I've got enough for several of these beauties:

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Classic-Pecan-Pie-3-Barbara-Bakes

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Heart_10 a Pecan Danish, yum x

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Tumblr_nu758zykw41soryiyo2_1280

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
nicko wrote:TRY taking the spuds,cabbages,onions ect from around my Farm and you'll get an arse full of number 6 shot!!  

Good way to keep the buggers out is to surround the place with sheep fence set at a height of roughly the inside leg measurement of the average rambler...and then couple it up to a defibrillator unit instead of a 12 volt battery.

What a Face

You might be interested in the Inverters that are used on cattle fences, Fred...

10,000 volts, but at only about 5mAmps..

Makes you jump when you brush against one.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:15 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

What a Face

You might be interested in the Inverters that are used on cattle fences, Fred...

10,000 volts, but at only about 5mAmps..

Makes you jump when you brush against one.

I'm about to have an ambulatory heart monitor fitted, so maybe I had better delay trying that out!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:31 pm

blackie333 wrote:Mushrooms of all sorts everwhere, berries growing in hedgerows everywhere.
On the fringes of farms you can have spuds, cabbages,onions etc for nowt but even I dont bother anymore but why
dont we take advantage of the things that can be had for free?

I do all my foraging for food at ................

............ Co-op, Asda, Waitrose and such like.
Quick, clean, convenient!

I actually pay for all the food I eat, I'm quaint like that.
Paying is something you do with cash or credit/debit cards.
The nice lady at the till will explain how it works.
fiesta

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Sometimes I'm tempted to pick berries and mushrooms off hedges but I worry that rodents, rabbits, foxes etc have p*ssed on them, so I refrain.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:45 pm

Jules wrote:Sometimes I'm tempted to pick berries and mushrooms off hedges  but I worry that rodents, rabbits, foxes  etc have p*ssed on them,  so I refrain.

That's what a tap is for Jules Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:51 pm

Even so, it's an offputting thought.

The quality of the fruit is invariably poor.

Nowt more rank than under ripe, poor quality fruits.

I leave foraging for food to people who know what they are doing.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:54 pm

Jules wrote:Even so, it's an offputting thought.

The quality of the fruit is invariably poor.

Nowt more rank than under ripe, poor quality fruits.

I leave foraging for food to people who know what they are doing.

Probably best, especially with mushrooms, you never know what you might find The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Drunk10

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:35 pm

Jules...thats why I dont drink water ....fish f*ck in it.......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:39 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Jules...thats why I dont drink water ....fish f*ck in it.......

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Faint_10

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:41 pm

They also shit in it!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:45 pm

nicko wrote:They also shit in it!

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Laugh10

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:00 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Jules...thats why I dont drink water ....fish f*ck in it.......
...  Shocked Uncouth f*ckers! How undecorous of them.  Mad

nicko wrote:They also shit in it!
Humans do too, sadly. In London you can still smell it in the tap water!  Avoid it! Drink a glass of neat bourbon instead, nicko.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:09 pm

Pickles is what you want.....

just turned 10 aldi cumbers into pickled cumber....

gonna do another 10 later this week

then it will be 20 jars of pickled cauliflower

and 20 jars of picallili

then some green beans

and finally a load of pickled onions.....

then we are ready for the comming winter....and next spring...summer

and ...just ready for the shooting season...last years pickled onions...with plenty of good strong cheddar a tasty game pie and a glass or two of port, all scoffed whilst sitting on the tailgate of ones landrover defender ....ahhh...gastronomic heaven eh Nicko?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:26 pm

Sounds great vic, but all those pickles Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:31 pm

good for you Nicko....

mind some are for my dad....and some will be scoffed by my daughter and granddaughter...quite a lot in fact....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:34 am

You just reminded me Vic, sitting on the drop down Tailgate of my Range Rover at 1am, by the side of a hedge, eating Hob Nobs in bright Moonlight and watching rabbits feeding on the other side of the field.

nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:02 am

Lord Foul wrote:Pickles is what you want.....

and 20 jars of picallili

then some green beans

and ...just ready for the shooting season...last years pickled onions...with plenty of good strong cheddar a tasty game pie and a glass or two of port, all scoffed whilst sitting on the tailgate of ones landrover defender ....ahhh...gastronomic heaven  eh Nicko?

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Ignore10

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:21 am

feelthelove wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:Pickles is what you want.....

and 20 jars of picallili

then some green beans

and ...just ready for the shooting season...last years pickled onions...with plenty of good strong cheddar a tasty game pie and a glass or two of port, all scoffed whilst sitting on the tailgate of ones landrover defender ....ahhh...gastronomic heaven  eh Nicko?

PICKLE-IST
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:36 am

Lord Foul wrote:
feelthelove wrote:

PICKLE-IST

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Talk11

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:40 am

my hands smell of pickle atm......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:57 am

I'm off to collect some rose hips to make wine and moonshine, of course that's if the local witch doesn't get there first, a few weeks back I was observing some excellent hops, almost ready, just on my way when I noticed her with two fucking bin bags full of them, she'd taken the fucking lot, I like to leave the rose hips until the first frost but I saw her giving them the once over on Sunday.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:48 am

nicko wrote:DON'T get free veg,    but I do get Pigeon, Rabbit,  Pheasant, Partridge,Duck, and Goose. [when in season] There are Muntjac  deer around but I can't shoot them, they remind me of Labradors with small horns.
you need a rifle to shoot muntjac, you cant use a shotgun anymore, and they need to be on your own land. they are an invasive species and out of control. they need to be culled. the advantage is they are apparently delicious and a very healthy meat.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:54 am

scrat wrote:I'm off to collect some rose hips to make wine and moonshine, of course that's if the local witch doesn't get there first, a few weeks back I was observing some excellent hops, almost ready, just on my way when I noticed her with two fucking bin bags full of them, she'd taken the fucking lot, I like to leave the rose hips until the first frost but I saw her giving them the once over on Sunday.

she is as entitled to em as you are....as long as she doesnt waste any I cant see the problem....she got there first.... The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? 2190311264 c'est la vie
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:00 pm

its olive season here again. our gardens provide a host of fruit during the year starting in about april and going right through until about january/february.

it starts with loquats in around april, then white and black mulberries then plumbs in june, followed by peaches, then olives and finishes off with oranges, lemons and mandarins.

part of last years olive supply
The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? CR22U5gU8AIblsq

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? CR22XFeVAAAi82p

we are down to our last bowl of olives so I must get out picking, although its a right pain processing them.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
scrat wrote:I'm off to collect some rose hips to make wine and moonshine, of course that's if the local witch doesn't get there first, a few weeks back I was observing some excellent hops, almost ready, just on my way when I noticed her with two fucking bin bags full of them, she'd taken the fucking lot, I like to leave the rose hips until the first frost but I saw her giving them the once over on Sunday.

she is as entitled to em as you are....as long as she doesnt waste any I cant see the problem....she got there first.... The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? 2190311264  c'est la vie
I will ask you politely so you do not take offence.

You conduct yourself without honour, you're a liar, a coward and a cheat, I have no respect for your kind so please do not respond to my posts.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:08 pm

scrat wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

she is as entitled to em as you are....as long as she doesnt waste any I cant see the problem....she got there first.... The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? 2190311264  c'est la vie

You conduct yourself without honour, you're a liar, a coward and a cheat, I have no respect for your kind so please do not respond to my posts.
your kind? isn't that a rather wacist attitude?
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:10 pm

The Devil, You Know wrote:
scrat wrote:

Look, I don't wish to be rude but you've only come on here to cause trouble, just fuck off there's a good chap!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:14 pm

scrat wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
Look, I don't wish to be rude but you've only come on here to cause trouble, just fuck off there's a good chap!
yes I understand that your kind see any sort of dissent as trying to cause trouble, but the only one being troublesome is you. you are a nasty piece of work, but apparently immune to the forum rules for some reason.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:35 pm

scrat wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

the reality is of course that you are a crybaby bullying thug who can't take it when proven wrong or challenged. I mean just look at the above post of yours....crying becasue someone got to a free resource before you did...

doubtless you feel "entitled" to a share .....tough...you aint....its first come first served...simples.....

I asked you twice now ...where was the lie???

on what did I cheat

and how was it dishonourable or cowardly???

you scrat are a useless piece of garbage....but hey we all have our cross to bear...and the feeling is mutual....I certainly have no respect for your kind....that exist on forums soley to stir up trouble....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Lord Foul wrote:my hands smell of pickle atm......

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Backs_11...........................................

.....................................and hastily withdraws offer of birthday spanking The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Sick12

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:22 pm

For FTL

...Pickled SPIDERS
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Lord Foul wrote:For FTL

...Pickled SPIDERS

The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Whatev10 Whatever grrr after that you can find someone else to tickle your pickle..............

I'm not falling for that line again The free food growing outside that few of us ever pick or use? Tickle10

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:51 pm

Tickle your Pickle, priceless Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:22 pm

how about caress my cucumber?

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next