NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret

+8
scrat
nicko
Ben Reilly
Tommy Monk
Andy
'Wolfie
eddie
Original Quill
12 posters

Go down

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret Empty UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:02 pm

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret 4fc3621da6e2ee7a72abfb27f0e953f1

On the morning of April 17th 1966 a police officer reported to have observed a metallic disk flying in the sky. He and his partner pursued the object for about half hour ending up in Pennsylvania where they lost sight of the UFO. Several other officers were involved with the chase and also reported seeing the craft.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret 53ff806f5f6c30bc30e869fe8c8ef7ea

A very bright light was seen by many people over a Tennessee college campus on June 1st 1853. A large amount of students were up early to watch the sunrise and were completely surprised when they saw two very bright objects in the sky. The smaller of the two objects then disappeared while the larger one seemed to change shapes. The smaller one then returned and increased rapidly while the other one shrank. They continued changing shape for the next half hour with the students and the professor's never getting an explanation as to what they witnessed.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret 8041136facb02274daa6582d318d9358

The International news service in Dallas stated that on July 29th 1952 that the Air Force had just ordered its Jets to shoot down UFOs. The orders were confirmed by a spokesman of the Air Force. The largest press conferences since the second world war was called in order to debunk the sightings and calm the public.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret 361cfca364bcc1e01eb736b5a8c3b06d

In the late afternoon of December 9th 1965, a number of residents in the small Pennsylvania Village saw an object that witnesses described as a streaking green flare that flew across the sky. The witnesses then saw the ship crash into a local field. A fireman would later describe the downed craft as having unusual hieroglyphic writing on it. He was only able to observe the craft for about 15 minutes before military officials arrived and secured the scene.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret 1ec962790184ad16e0b323bd38ceb5ca

On the evening of January 8th 2008, about 40 local residents including a pilot and a police officer witnessed a UFO hovering over the farming community. The witnesses said it covered for about 5 minutes before streaking away into the night sky. A police officer who went on a local public radio went on to describe the sides as a bunch of erupting volcanoes suspended about three thousand feet in the air.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret Bea55a93b26dce56e867d0752194a2b5

In the early morning hours on January 31st 2008 a group of witnesses saw what they described as a flying saucer with lights on its edge. One resident was even able to capture a photo although many did not its validity. Then again there are people who can be staring right at a UFO who would still deny that aliens exist.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret 4b1071374777b8886c7fe7a149bacf2f

Citizens of the small town of Aurora, Texas were suddenly awakened by the appearance of what one witness referred to as an airship. Many people saw the craft reportedly malfunctioned and install crashing into a windmill of the property of a local judge. The body of the co-pilot was recovered and though the body was badly disfigured, there was enough of the specimen to be able to show that it was not human. The body is reportedly buried at the Aurora Town Cemetery.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret 2a251312c61bc2d61ef5e7faec6326f7

The suburban area of Hudson Valley is the scene of more than 5,000 UFO sightings in the four-year span from 1982 to 1986. It is perhaps one of the biggest cluster of incidents of UFO sightings in recorded history. On the night of March 24th 1983 more than 300 residents call then reported that they had seen a large v-shaped crafts with lights moving slowly and silently through the sky. Some witnesses were close enough to say that the craft was big enough to be a flying city.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret Dd64e4b4854cbdc65a649a6cba95c59c

On the evening of November 2nd 1957 a police officer received a series of strangely similar phone calls. One witness that called told the officer that he was approaching the object and that as soon as it was over him his headlights turned off and his engine died. The officer reportedly had a total of about 15 calls in reference to the UFO sighting.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret 71b8ebdd98799842789bb0b654f3d584

In the early morning hours of February 25th 1942, radar operators spotted an unidentified object over West Los Angeles. When they tried to zoom in on the craft it inexplicably vanished from their screens. Anti-aircraft radars spotted what witnesses later described as swarms of objects flying at various altitudes, at speeds of up to 200 knots.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret D82bce9fac51bd9b2c7f08bab34ffb85

From November of 1989 to April of 1990 there were a series of sightings of triangular looking UFOs. The sightings peaked on the night of March 30th 1990 when a number of unknown objects appeared on the radar and even photograph. The crafts were also sighted by more than 13,000 people on the ground. Over two thousand of those people filed written statements describing in detail what they had seen and all of the reports are accurate. There were a pair of F-16 Falcons scrambled to intercept but one of the pilots said that as soon as it had a radar lock on the target it would accelerate from 240 knots to over 1,500 knots which was impossible for any human craft.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret 2b7974dd05153ac02fac6e94f6e8b155

On the evening of March 13th 1997, thousands of people in Nevada and Arizona saw what they described as a very large V shaped object that was outlined with lights. Other witnesses however reported seeing orbs and triangles in the sky long with him. The military later tried to cover it up by claiming that the National Guard Pilots have just released by Visionary flares while on a training mission.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret Bbdba049dcc337babd5a53654b9b0264

Late in the evening of July 14th 2001 multiple witnesses including an off-duty police officer watched in amazement as a group of yellow lights flashed in formation. Shortly after another officer received a phone call from his nineteen-year-old daughter who was out with some friends and they all witnessed the strange lights in the sky. The officer went on ABC News and described the site as astounding with 16 golden-like lights in several V shaped formations. The objects that slowly faded away into the darkness never to be seen again.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret D9cd104e6cce284675b78731515c70d9

This is one of the most difficult UFO cases on record that is hard for the critics to deny. The event was witnessed by hundreds of airline workers along with airport employees. the incident took place on November 7th of 2006 and is one of the most realistic an undeniable sightings that has been documented to date.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret 181bc3cac253fe066295bf22b88925d2

There are a number of credible military witnesses in this particular sighting. There were actually a few citing that took place between September 13th and September 25th of 1952. There are also military photos that were never released to the public.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret Dfb4cda4c2d132b6207c7a47501c43bb

A crowd of 10,000 people was watching a football game on October 27th 1954 when a UFO was seen by the entire Stadium. The UFO was seen hovering right above the stadium. The Stadium full of people is rendered silent as everyone stared in disbelief and amazement.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret F16ec1023f43cbe4a792efe5fe1bcc3e

The very first sighting was on the evening of March 30th 1993, the second sighting was only 30 minutes later. For the following two days hundreds of reports started coming in of sightings of a UFO. Most of the reports filed describe the craft as triangular shaped with lights at each point of it.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret 0dc5befe04d6d464a6e67d04f264ce92

On the morning of September 16th 1994 a group of children at a private school in Africa suddenly saw three silver balls in the sky over the school yard. They then disappeared with a flash of light only to reappear in a different location. Witnesses described that this incident happened three times with one of the crafts hovering over a section of trees. Some of the children later drew drawings of beings they had never seen before in their lives.

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret 50e529fd7a0005e497661ecae57e69f7

In the early afternoon of January 7th 1948 spectators saw what they described as a saucer like object. Dozens of residents dialed 911 describing that they saws a circular object hovering with a bright glow. After the Air Force was alerted the airfields towers spotted the object 15 minutes later and scrambled a squadron of P-51 fighters to intercept it. The pilot that was reportedly closing in on the craft ended up being killed inexplicably but not before he described it as a metallic-looking craft that was tremendous in size.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret Empty Re: UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:05 pm

Great thread quill. If I'd started it I'd have been stripped naked, beaten and thrown to the wolves (well, Wolfie actually).

What do you think about it and what made you bring it up?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret Empty Re: UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:22 pm

I did it for you!

Anyway, had you in mind when I did it. It's a recap of all the unanswered incidents--as opposed to those with the Air Force saying it was a hurricane on a clear day, etc., etc. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:40 pm

eddie wrote:
Great thread quill. If I'd started it I'd have been stripped naked, beaten and thrown to the wolves (well, Wolfie actually).

What do you think about it and what made you bring it up?

alien

What  !?!  Li'l ol' me...

Just because I have that old missing spaceship parked out in my garage ?
Um ! Wait, one minute...   What's that knocking at the backdoor..

beam me up
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:49 pm

Well you do live in wilderness Wolfie so....who knows how or where, you "arrived"..... affraid

Quill, thanks! I am quite interested in UFO's as you know.

So what do you both think? Cool
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Posted this a year ago.

"
I actually believe.
My late dad and the entire naval base at Trincomalee,Ceylon had an extended sighting of what they described as a big silver Concorde,that hovered above them for 10 mins then suddenly flew of at enormous speed.
This was in 1945.
They thought it was a new Japanese aircraft, but jet engines were still in their infancy,flying wedges were a thing of Jules Verne and no aircraft of that time could hover stationary.
It was reported to Admiralty and command and was hushed up.
Dad was convinced they witnessed a UFO to his dying day.

Handy Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Andy

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Hessdalen lights... look it up...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:20 pm

May I chime in?

If we could get to a habitable planet, we'd send robots first, not huge spacecraft. If we can think of that but aren't smart enough yet to figure out how to travel through space, surely anything that is smart enough to travel through space will have thought to send machines, not people.

So I think UFOs are probably something else, most likely exotic military craft. And that's just a handful of them -- I think most sightings were probably something even less exotic, like perhaps ball lightning:

(around 35 seconds in)

Lenticular clouds:

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret U5962P827DT20111220104751

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret Lenticular_UFO_cloud

Or good old-fashioned hoaxes, like the 2008 Phoenix Lights:

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret UFO_846
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:35 pm

Why would you send robots first? No that makes no sense and I'll tell you why.
Robots can't see feel and work their way out of situations like humans. They can't communicate and think on their feet - needed for a meeting with an alien, right?

Secondly, who says they're more advanced than us and have figured out how to make robots? You're assuming a lot there. Perhaps they can make things that fly through space and time and it's as old to their culture as making fire is to ours?

Your mistake is assuming "they" are more advanced in the same ways and foe the same reasons, as us.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:37 pm

They come from the centre of the Earth,---------don't they?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:56 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Hessdalen lights... look it up...

Famous - weird and scary.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:17 pm

I'm actually not even sure my post made sense - so if it needs explaining again, do ask. Wink
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:42 pm

eddie wrote:Why would you send robots first? No that makes no sense and I'll tell you why.
Robots can't see feel and work their way out of situations like humans. They can't communicate and think on their feet - needed for a meeting with an alien, right?

Secondly, who says they're more advanced than us and have figured out how to make robots? You're assuming a lot there. Perhaps they can make things that fly through space and time and it's as old to their culture as making fire is to ours?

Your mistake is assuming "they" are more advanced in the same ways and foe the same reasons, as us.

Taking video footage to identify living species, testing radiation levels, finding out what sort of cosmic rays reach the surface, taking soil samples to test for everything from disease to possible food sources, testing the atmosphere for the right combination of gases, checking to see if anything here is a deadly poison to them, checking for water if they need that -- they'd be insane to land on an alien planet before sending a drone to check that stuff.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:51 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Why would you send robots first? No that makes no sense and I'll tell you why.

Taking video footage to identify living species, testing radiation levels, finding out what sort of cosmic rays reach the surface, taking soil samples to test for everything from disease to possible food sources, testing the atmosphere for the right combination of gases, checking to see if anything here is a deadly poison to them, checking for water if they need that -- they'd be insane to land on an alien planet before sending a drone to check that stuff.

Ok, I have typed five different sentences and I can't disagree that you make sense. Fair dos.

But the rest of it, you're assumptions on alien life being more advanced than us - not necessarily - and it all depends upon what is considered 'advancements'

I can't argue science very well, but I kinda know what I mean in my own head.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:54 pm

And anyway, this thread is about UFO's and I do think that some are fake sightings, but to think we are alone in the universe just doesn't make sense.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:56 pm

Wishful thinking, i think we're alone and the sooner we come to terms with that the better, perhaps we're the ones who will colonise space, if we're seeing ufos maybe they're us visiting from the future.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:58 pm

scrat wrote:Wishful thinking, i think we're alone and the sooner we come to terms with that the better, perhaps we're the ones who will colonise space, if we're seeing ufos maybe they're us visiting from the future.

Firstly, wow, that's a thought I'd never thought of before and I like that idea!

Secondly, purely based on law of averages - how can we be alone?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:37 am

lol as if bags of meat are the key.
a few years in upper orbit turns our bones to Chalk
our flesh goes weak and atrophies.
we a biochemical machine made specifically for earth.
refined over billions of years for a specific planet

we are not the chosen ones.
but maybe we can build them
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:29 am

scrat wrote:Wishful thinking, i think we're alone and the sooner we come to terms with that the better, perhaps we're the ones who will colonise space, if we're seeing ufos maybe they're us visiting from the future.

It's a brilliant thought. But so far as we have experienced, time only moves in one dimension...the future. If the time dimension is variable, I would like to hear about. It would be exciting.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:47 am

If we go back, can we choose different people to do it with?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:28 am

This particular UFO story from the UK was still running until last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-33447592
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:49 pm

That really could be a possibility, as I've no doubt that will be happening in a few years, if not already.

I do believe in UFO's and Aliens, or star people though and I feel they were here centuries ago to educate and help us. I feel we are Adam and Eve if you like, and the earth is the garden of Eden. We were placed here by our forefathers and they come back to check us out. How do we know their not walking amongst us, we could look just like them..

God made man in his image, could God be them?
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Operation Highjump
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:03 pm

magica wrote:

That really could be a possibility, as I've no doubt that will be happening in a few years, if not already.

I do believe in UFO's and Aliens, or star people  though and I feel they were here centuries ago to educate and help us.  I feel we are Adam and Eve if you like, and the earth is the garden of Eden.  We were placed here by our forefathers and they come back to check us out.  How do we know their not walking amongst us, we could look just like them..

Interesting theory. Of course, you will be shot down before it's even considered.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:

It's a brilliant thought.  But so far as we have experienced, time only moves in one dimension...the future.  If the time dimension is variable, I would like to hear about.  It would be exciting.
Obviously you've not heard of the Calabi-Yau manifold, time could move in many directions through many dimensions, it's the theoretical dimensional force behind the string theory which knits together general relativity and quantum mechanics.

We're free falling through space, time and possibly many other dimensions at over a million mph, as we spiral in whatever direction it is speculated that those moments in time, past moments, remain in another dimension, if and its a massive if we could travel through sub space, in theory we could revisit those moments in time because they will always occupy that moment in that space and in that time, of course all of this is supposition.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:15 pm

Scrat have you got a link for that please?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:32 pm

scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:35 pm

Thanks.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:05 pm

If some Alien from thousands of light years away "found" Earth, do you not think that after all that time and expenditure he/she would make themselves known rather than piss about for years in our atmosphere ??
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:12 pm

nicko wrote:If some Alien from thousands of light years away "found" Earth,   do you not think that after all that time and expenditure he/she would make themselves known rather than piss about for years in our atmosphere ??

Yes there's always that thought.....but I just can't imagine all that space in space, and there not being anyone else there...?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:15 pm

nicko wrote:If some Alien from thousands of light years away "found" Earth,   do you not think that after all that time and expenditure he/she would make themselves known rather than piss about for years in our atmosphere ??
My thoughts exactly Penfold and the only sign of the possibly of extraterrestrial life occurred at SETI in the form of a signal in 1977.

scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:47 pm

How do you know they haven't? They could be known by the government's and living here for many years.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Hardly likely, someone would have blabbed.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:00 pm

scrat wrote:
My thoughts exactly Penfold and the only sign of the possibly of extraterrestrial life occurred at SETI in the form of a signal in 1977.

Wasn't there another 'Wow!' event about 2 weeks ago, Scrat?
Going out for dinner shortly, but I will try and find it this evening.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:13 pm

Probably been studying us for years and thought......nah!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:15 pm

magica wrote:

I do believe in UFO's and Aliens, or star people  though and I feel they were here centuries ago to educate and help us.  I feel we are Adam and Eve if you like, and the earth is the garden of Eden.  We were placed here by our forefathers and they come back to check us out.  How do we know their not walking amongst us, we could look just like them..

Most things in the Bible are bollocks. That man was made in God's image is the biggest bollocky bollock of all bollocks.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:18 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:May I chime in?

If we could get to a habitable planet, we'd send robots first, not huge spacecraft. If we can think of that but aren't smart enough yet to figure out how to travel through space, surely anything that is smart enough to travel through space will have thought to send machines, not people.

So I think UFOs are probably something else, most likely exotic military craft. And that's just a handful of them -- I think most sightings were probably something even less exotic, like perhaps ball lightning:

(around 35 seconds in)

Lenticular clouds:

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret U5962P827DT20111220104751

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret Lenticular_UFO_cloud

Or good old-fashioned hoaxes, like the 2008 Phoenix Lights:

UFO Sightings That Area 51 Tried To Keep Secret UFO_846

Where's the ball lightning? I didn't see any!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:38 pm

Horatio, I had to slow it down but it's a bright white ball that falls...to the right of the screen?
I think that's it? Otherwise I've just seen something new Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:59 pm

eddie wrote:
Well you do live in wilderness Wolfie so....who knows how or where,  you "arrived"..... affraid

Quill, thanks! I am quite interested in UFO's as you know.

So what do you both think?  Cool

cyclops

FIRST,  the factual side --    there are possibly 'countless' universes out there, millions of galaxies in this universe, billions of stars. Mathematically and statistically, it can be argued that millions of those stars should have solar systems, and thousands of them might have planets of the right size and consistency, with some of them being the right distance from their sun, etc. etc..

However, just because other planets may have the right temperatures, geology and chemistry for life to arise,  that doesn't mean that the necessary 'spark' of initial creation has yet occurred to start that process of "life".

EVEN IF life may have begun on another planet somewhere, there is then also the odds that it may still be in early stages, as yet..  Or maybe that particular cycle of evolution on that world may have already advanced millions of years ahead of this little old Earth's own efforts ?  Or maybe, they themseves have wiped themselves out, in the long lost past..

IF there has been another civilization far enough advanced, then maybe they have moved on to a higher level of being -- either energy-based, or maybe with their intelligence/memories/knowledge/existence embodied in a mechanised/AI based/robotic enabled existence, providing another mode of "virtual sentience"...       alien

THEN AGAIN, as veya mentioned earlier, Life on this particular 'Third Rock' here has evolved over millennia to suit the particular conditions on this home planet..
Who's to say that maybe a life form developing on another world may not be methane breathing, or silicon based, or perhaps in a gaseous form (on a "gas giant" like Jupiter, with much heavier gravity effects, for example..).

Now then, supposing that there are some other "civilisations" that are advanced enough so far as to have left home, and gone out to explore other stars, galaxies, and beyond --  PHILOSOPHICALLY, there is then a much more simple question to ponder :
Seeing all of the fighting, angst, fearmongering amongst Earth's tribes, and the physical and environmental messes that Mankind hs achieved just in a few hundred years of rampant overbreeding  --  then why would any self-respecting supposedly advanced civilisation actually want to make contact with this world  ???

(to be continued..  tongue  ).
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:14 pm

Great post. I like the list of possibilities - rather than a stark "No, are you stupid?" answers that are too easily said.
It's possible, entirely possible, that any one of your scenarios is close to the truth.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:18 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
magica wrote:

Most things in the Bible are bollocks.   That man was made in God's image is the biggest bollocky bollock of all bollocks.

Don't beat about the bush say what you mean Laughing

I don't believe in God, but back in those days, anyone who could do anything they couldnt would be seen as a God, as they were uneducated and their belief in religion made it so.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:13 am

I'm impressed by the Exploring Hyperspace clip.  However, as between real life and perceptual apparatus, if real life extra dimensions only give us small clues and don't carry our self-awareness along into extra dimensions, then at some point such tiny dimensions don't exist for us.  That is, if we only know these things mathematically...well, life is experience and we aren't experiencing anything.

It's just like if we die and comeback, but have no memory of a previous life.  Then we might as well have completely terminated for all intents and purposes, because our self-awareness will have no connection to who we were.  Maybe RL is using our bodies/souls over and over, but without a contiguous mind there is no continuity.  This is also applicable to reincarnation.

Until a self-aware being can significantly travel back in time, it doesn't exist.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down