NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harsh wind hits Norwegian bay so suddenly that thousands of fish are flash-frozen

Go down

Harsh wind hits Norwegian bay so suddenly that thousands of fish are flash-frozen Empty Harsh wind hits Norwegian bay so suddenly that thousands of fish are flash-frozen

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Harsh wind hits Norwegian bay so suddenly that thousands of fish are flash-frozen Frozen+fish

The incredible image was captured from the tiny island of Lovund in central Norway after temperatures suddenly dipped, freezing the water and trapping the fish

Thousands of fish were flash frozen in a Norwegian bay after a harsh wind caused temperatures to suddenly dip to minus 7.8 degrees Celsius.

The huge shoal of herring were swimming too close to the surface when the water suddenly froze around them, completely stopping them in mid-swim and creating the incredible sight.
The image was captured by Ingolf Kristiansen from the tiny island of Lovund in central Norway.
“I've never seen anything like it. It has not happened before here as far as I know,” he told NRK, the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/harsh-wind-hits-norwegian-bay-so-suddenly-that-thousands-of-fish-are-flashfrozen-9068088.html

Back to top Go down

Harsh wind hits Norwegian bay so suddenly that thousands of fish are flash-frozen Empty Re: Harsh wind hits Norwegian bay so suddenly that thousands of fish are flash-frozen

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:50 pm

How cold must that wind have been? I didn't think that was possible except for in the movie 'The Day After Tomorrow' ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Harsh wind hits Norwegian bay so suddenly that thousands of fish are flash-frozen Empty Re: Harsh wind hits Norwegian bay so suddenly that thousands of fish are flash-frozen

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:26 pm

Neither did I Ben, I have read obviously about how Mammoths and others have been frozen in ice, I case this shows how quickly it can happen, scary stuff!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:31 pm

Yeah, had no idea the surface of water could flash-freeze like that; I think it must have already been near 0.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Flipping heck, you wouldn't want to be around when that blew!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Yeah, had no idea the surface of water could flash-freeze like that; I think it must have already been near 0.

The temperature must have dropped so dramatically though from some point to cause such an affect Ben, because we see water turn to ice plenty of times but rarely see where such fish are flash frozen!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down