NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Black Lives Matter' protesters blockade Heathrow and Birmingham airports and close roads across UK

+4
Irn Bru
Tommy Monk
Victorismyhero
HoratioTarr
8 posters

Go down

'Black Lives Matter' protesters blockade Heathrow and Birmingham airports and close roads across UK  Empty 'Black Lives Matter' protesters blockade Heathrow and Birmingham airports and close roads across UK

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:24 pm

People are not happy. How would you feel if you missed the holiday flights you worked so hard for all year?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3725050/Black-lives-matter-protesters-block-road-Heathrow-airport.html

Protesters from the Black Lives Matter group brought UK transport routes to a standstill this morning by laying down on motorways, blocking the entrances to airports and stopping public transport.
The demonstrators are part of the British wing of a campaign set up in the US to protest about black Americans being shot by police.

Activists in Britain today chained themselves together and stood across approach roads to Heathrow and Birmingham airports, while in the centre of Nottingham, four protesters lay across tram tracks.
The coordinated actions across the country caused chaos for hundreds of people trying to catch holiday flights and on their way to work.

In Birmingham, an ambulance was delayed as paramedics tried to get a patient to Heartlands Hospital along the blocked A45.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'Black Lives Matter' protesters blockade Heathrow and Birmingham airports and close roads across UK  Empty Re: 'Black Lives Matter' protesters blockade Heathrow and Birmingham airports and close roads across UK

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:26 pm

The British side of the movement, known as UK Black Lives Matter (UKBLM), describes itself as a network of anti-racist activists from across the country.

Maryam Ali, a founder of the Black Lives Matter chapter in London, is an 18-year-old sixth form student from West London who has never experienced police violence.

But speaking about her involvement to BBC News last month, she said: ‘Part of it is solidarity with the US. I have family in America, and I fear for their lives.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

'Black Lives Matter' protesters blockade Heathrow and Birmingham airports and close roads across UK  Empty Re: 'Black Lives Matter' protesters blockade Heathrow and Birmingham airports and close roads across UK

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:58 pm

L/W trouble makers again.....

NOTE they have no care about disrupting other folks hard earned breaks
OR any care that vital services such as ambulance etc are disrupted...

arrest and jail the lot of em....

and especially those involved in blocking that ambulance.....charge them with endangering life and give em 10 years apiece
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:48 pm

Lord Foul wrote:L/W trouble makers again.....

and especially those involved in blocking that ambulance.....charge them with endangering life and give em 10 years apiece

A bunch of idiots jumping on the bandwagon in an effort to appear 'edgy' whilst championing the underdog.

There are plenty of underdogs, black, white and sky blue pink.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:51 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

A bunch of idiots jumping on the bandwagon in an effort to appear 'edgy' whilst championing the underdog.  

There are plenty of underdogs, black, white and sky blue pink.  

Which shows you hav no comprehension of what you are talking about.
Do you think all that protested were idiots or actually understand that racial prejudice is alive and well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:56 pm

i will repeat for those lacking an understanding

Whilst it is as poor to judge any killing based on the skin colour of a Cop
There is no doubt there is racial prejudice in the US on sterotyping.
To be as poor and then claim those protesting here are all idiots is born from the same poor perceived view that makes some who are protesting think every African Amerrican shot by Police is a racist shooting.

It shows the worst form of bigotry when people spout the most ignorant bigotry at those who protest when instead they should be looking to seek to look to address the problems that have formd this hate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:11 pm

the point being didge....

the killings are "over there" not "over here" and the yanks aint going to take any notice of a bunch of lefty letteuces prancing about here...

its got more to do with "i'm bored, lets create mayhem" than with any real interest in the problem.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:14 pm

Lord Foul wrote:the point being didge....

the killings are "over there" not "over here"  and the yanks aint going to take any notice of a bunch of lefty letteuces  prancing about here...

its got more to do with "i'm bored, lets create mayhem" than with any real interest in the problem.

And so its now wrong to protest any killing based on geograpthy then?

How so?

Are we all not human?

I would have thought the best way top defeat such racism was to show there is no boundaries, imaginary ones, we have created between us would you not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:28 pm

yeah...ok....

ever heard of the word futile?

do you think those southern cops are going to change their wasy cos a few lefty numptys over here decide to take their ire out on folks going on holiday and those requiring urgent medical assistance?

they would do better writing a well reasoned letter to the POTUS via the embassy....

of course that requires brains and thought...something we dont commonly associate with the brittish left

and of course they wont care about those who are off on holiday, since they probably cant afford one

so their simplistic thought process is

I'll ruin your holiday, cos I cant afford one and I dont think YOU should have one especially since american cops are killing american black folks and you you bastard are going on holiday.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Lord Foul wrote:yeah...ok....

ever heard of the word futile?

do you think those southern cops are going to change their wasy cos a few lefty numptys over here decide to take their ire out on folks going on holiday and those requiring urgent medical assistance?

they would do better writing a well reasoned letter to the POTUS via the embassy....

of course that requires brains and thought...something we dont commonly associate with the brittish left

and of course they wont care about those who are off on holiday, since they probably cant afford one

so their simplistic thought process is

I'll ruin your holiday, cos I cant afford one and I dont think YOU should have one  especially since american cops are killing american black folks and you you bastard are going on holiday.....

Now you are being as prejudiced as the protestors singling out just southern cops.
I have pointed out and with evidence there is no racial disparity when it comes to shootings in the US, most are as what I stated before born from a fear of guns. It is the gun laws that creates the fear in the first place that has allowed for cops to make in some cases negligence and ended up shooting innocent people.
You again make the same poor perceived view based on race.
Whilst I do nbot discount some shootinsg will be, I cannot believe just as you are doing now, which is what the protestors are doing is believeing many are racial murders by cops.
That is besides the point.
Protests highlight such crimes that are or could be unlawful and rightfully need investigating
To say they make no difference is absolutely nonsense
As many cases of protestes have brough about even retrials have they not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:41 pm

NOT

protests here have NO effect "over there"

do you REALLY think te yanks take any notice of what our baboons say
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:42 pm

Lord Foul wrote:NOT

When they are in the media yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:44 pm

you show me ONE single policy the yanks have initiated as a result of protests HERE.....

in the media or otherwise....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Just to remind people:

A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police.

But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html?_r=2

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:54 pm

so what you are saying is that these idiots were protesting about nothing, nada, zilch???

and caused all that disruption and misery for what????

lefty letteuces....limp ones at that....need a good watering, should have sent for water cannon.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Lord Foul wrote:so what you are saying is that these idiots were protesting about nothing, nada, zilch???

lefty letteuces....limp ones at that....need a good watering, should have sent for water cannon.....

Amusing and basically yes, but still innocent people have been killed and shot by the Police

That does require attention and no doubt some of them will be unlawful

Anyway really have to go, but can you ask Irn why he brought up the edl and BNP about you when I never did.

When he does, I shall give him back his nose

Night victor

'Black Lives Matter' protesters blockade Heathrow and Birmingham airports and close roads across UK  2Q==

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:46 pm

Start trouble... then when police attend... start pretending that you are the victim of the police action...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:46 am

Didge wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:so what you are saying is that these idiots were protesting about nothing, nada, zilch???

Amusing and basically yes, but still innocent people have been killed and shot by the Police

That does require attention and no doubt some of them will be unlawful

Anyway really have to go, but can you ask Irn why he brought up the edl and BNP about you when I never did.

When he does, I shall give him back his nose

Night victor

'Black Lives Matter' protesters blockade Heathrow and Birmingham airports and close roads across UK  2Q==

That is an outright lie but it's what you do. You introduced and made the connection between victor and the BNP and the EDL and here's what I said...,

"OK I'm saying that to Victor as well although I don't see that he is in anyway involved with the BNP or the EDL. Are you suggesting that he is?"

You didn't answer and now you are just twisting and lying to get out of the mess you are in.

At least my nose is where it should be and not up someone's arse like yours is.

Victor, sort this clown out with his twisting and lying because it reflects badly on you that you say nothing.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Where's my post gone?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:16 pm

All I did was quote a post that Lord Foul had made...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:44 pm

Read as: you don't give a sheit, black lives don't matter to you.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:57 pm

What does matter here is the hugely disruptive and criminal nature of these illegal 'protests'...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:09 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

All I did was quote a post that Lord Foul had made...!?

See my pm
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:28 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

What does matter here is the hugely disruptive and criminal nature of these illegal 'protests'...

Hmmm.... Human beings being murdered v. two cycles through the stop light. Tough choice.

It's a question of priorities. Of course, it's difficult to sympathize in the UK. But as the individual in the OP said, it's in solidarity with her cousins in the US. It seems to resonate with someone over there.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:40 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:People are not happy.   How would you feel if you missed the holiday flights you worked so hard for all year?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3725050/Black-lives-matter-protesters-block-road-Heathrow-airport.html

Protesters from the Black Lives Matter group brought UK transport routes to a standstill this morning by laying down on motorways, blocking the entrances to airports and stopping public transport.
The demonstrators are part of the British wing of a campaign set up in the US to protest about black Americans being shot by police.

Activists in Britain today chained themselves together and stood across approach roads to Heathrow and Birmingham airports, while in the centre of Nottingham, four protesters lay across tram tracks.
The coordinated actions across the country caused chaos for hundreds of people trying to catch holiday flights and on their way to work.

In Birmingham, an ambulance was delayed as paramedics tried to get a patient to Heartlands Hospital along the blocked A45.

I think the protest that stopped people getting to the airports in the major cities, and like was mentioned, stopped ambulances and emergency vehicles getting through to people who needed help have done no good whatsoever.

I can understand the frustration of people who are in support of the "Black lives matter" organisation, and I understand why they want to protest and demonstrate......but not at the expense of the ordinary man in the street, which will include plenty black men, women and children, who would have been just as inconvenienced (at best) and put in danger (at worst) by their actions here.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Read as: you don't give a sheit, black lives don't matter to you.

read as: some berk looking for somewhere to happen Rolling Eyes

what part of "not my tribe" dont you understand
what part of "its YOUR problem" dont you "get"
what part of no matter what we do here it will have no effect there is too advanced for your mono cellular cognitive ability
what part of if the killings were happening here i would have a different view of it is too hard for you to grasp

what YOU (or at least your fellow citizens) get up to "over there" is PURELY a matter for YOUR people to deal with.

you are a damnable hypocrite you want american isolationalism you want no part of the mid east "problem"

yet you cry when I want no part of american misbehaviour

shove it matey.....you are well rumbled....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Hmmm....  Human beings being murdered v. two cycles through the stop light.  Tough choice.

It's a question of priorities.  Of course, it's difficult to sympathize in the UK.  But as the individual in the OP said, it's in solidarity with her cousins in the US.  It seems to resonate with someone over there.

No... the choice for these idiots was to either stage some legal and organised protests... or to do illegal and criminal protests that just disrupted many other people and cost a lot of time and money of our police who would have been otherwise engaged in fighting serious crime...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down