NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“Get a f****** job or hang yourself”: Jobcentre official suspended over Facebook rant at dad-of-three

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

“Get a f****** job or hang yourself”: Jobcentre official suspended over Facebook rant at dad-of-three  - Page 2 Empty “Get a f****** job or hang yourself”: Jobcentre official suspended over Facebook rant at dad-of-three

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

“Get a f****** job or hang yourself”: Jobcentre official suspended over Facebook rant at dad-of-three  - Page 2 CS_54379846-3023501  pig 

Denial: Dawn-Marie Sanders
A Jobcentre official has been suspended after a dad-of-three was told to “get a f****** job or hang yourself” during a Facebook rant.

Comments posted from Dawn-Marie Sanders’ account targeted Scott Bignell, 44, in a discussion set up by a mutual friend following the broadcast of Channel 4’s Benefits Street.

One post said: “You are a drain on society… start paying taxes or hang ­yourself. I have rope…”

Department for Work and Pensions officer Mrs Sanders, of Farnborough, Hants, claimed she was hacked or the messages were posted by her 14-year-old son.

Former handyman Scott, of Plymouth, Devon, has been told he is not eligible for benefits. He said: “There are people in genuine need.”

A DWP spokesman said: “We are investigating.”

Benefits Street has sparked much debate about the welfare system and Channel 4's portrayal of those on benefits.

Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith this week suggested the hit show justified his department's savage cuts to welfare.

The documentary focuses on James Turner Street, Winson Green, Birmingham, where many people are on benefits.

This week's episode beat Celebrity Big Brother and The Great Sport Relief Bake Off in the ratings.

In her Real Britain column today, Ros Wynne Jones reflects on the Tory reaction to Benefits Street - which saw gloating Conservatives demonising benefits claimants in a Commons debate.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dawn-marie-sanders-jobcentre-official-suspended-3023502#ixzz2qVwZ7Q00
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

She should lose her job, these job centre workers need to learn some respect, make an example of her.

Back to top Go down

“Get a f****** job or hang yourself”: Jobcentre official suspended over Facebook rant at dad-of-three  - Page 2 Empty Re: “Get a f****** job or hang yourself”: Jobcentre official suspended over Facebook rant at dad-of-three

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:24 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
sphinx wrote:  

://?roflmao?/:  - You can tell nobody on here has the foggiest what I look like.  I am still the archetype top boy - think Miss Congeniality but much much uglier to start with.  

lol fair enough sphinx, but as seen it has benefits maybe not for yourself mind

Dont get me wrong - I would look at such a position but it is definitely not my natural element - my motto is "I DONT DO PINK"

Back to top Go down

“Get a f****** job or hang yourself”: Jobcentre official suspended over Facebook rant at dad-of-three  - Page 2 Empty Re: “Get a f****** job or hang yourself”: Jobcentre official suspended over Facebook rant at dad-of-three

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:34 pm

sphinx wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:You can type and your English is good enough, how are you at excel and power point for example? If you have some basic knowledge of these things you can do administration work

Very very rusty at excel - I have never liked spreadsheets.  Powerpoint I am not as bad but not good - its 10 years since I did anything on it. All part time administration jobs are asking for apprenticeship qualifications which I dont have (and which I am not at the standard of).   Its a case of companies do not want to spend money on basic training for someone there less than 10 hours a week.

I will keep plodding and in the meantime keep learning stuff.

Sphinx, where do you get the idea, that all part time administration jobs are asking for apprenticeship qualifications?

That is the type of job I do (along with Receptionist), and I am always seeing jobs advertised, where they don't ask for that.

There are plenty of part time admin jobs out there, so much to choose from. And I live out in the sticks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Costa wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Very very rusty at excel - I have never liked spreadsheets.  Powerpoint I am not as bad but not good - its 10 years since I did anything on it. All part time administration jobs are asking for apprenticeship qualifications which I dont have (and which I am not at the standard of).   Its a case of companies do not want to spend money on basic training for someone there less than 10 hours a week.

I will keep plodding and in the meantime keep learning stuff.

Sphinx, where do you get the idea, that all part time administration jobs are asking for apprenticeship qualifications?

That is the type of job I do (along with Receptionist), and I am always seeing jobs advertised, where they don't ask for that.

There are plenty of part time admin jobs out there, so much to choose from. And I live out in the sticks.

Not where I am - not in the sticks not city but highly populated and with loads of people brimming over with qualifications it seems - I think around here employers can demand them because the demand is met. I am limited the distance I can look at as well - I cannot actually see the point of earning just enough money to cover the travel costs to get there (not to mention I have to consider the effects of travelling on my health)

I am also not quite convinced about upping sticks and moving just to be able to find part time work (besides the unknown effect the stress of moving would have)

That is the reason a major part of my focus is on possible work from home - I am doing a course at the moment that would give me something to look at from home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:52 pm

sphinx wrote:
Costa wrote:

Not where I am - not in the sticks not city but highly populated and with loads of people brimming over with qualifications it seems - I think around here employers can demand them because the demand is met.  I am limited the distance I can look at as well - I cannot actually see the point of earning just enough money to cover the travel costs to get there (not to mention I have to consider the effects of travelling on my health)

I am also not quite convinced about upping sticks and moving just to be able to find part time work (besides the unknown effect the stress of moving would have)

That is the reason a major part of my focus is on possible work from home - I am doing a course at the moment that would give me something to look at from home.

But there is a point to it Sphinx, if you are only earning just enough to cover your travel costs.

You would be gaining experience and most importantly .... you would do it for your own self worth, your own self esteem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:54 pm

Costa wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Not where I am - not in the sticks not city but highly populated and with loads of people brimming over with qualifications it seems - I think around here employers can demand them because the demand is met.  I am limited the distance I can look at as well - I cannot actually see the point of earning just enough money to cover the travel costs to get there (not to mention I have to consider the effects of travelling on my health)

But there is a point to it Sphinx, if you are only earning just enough to cover your travel costs.

You would be gaining experience and most importantly .... you would do it for your own self worth, your own self esteem.

Very true costa, and on the ladder to bigger and better things.

My wife worked full time when our first child was 6 months old - salary only just covered costs, she is now doing a similar job 12 years afterwards but is considerably higher up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:00 pm

sphinx wrote:
Costa wrote:

How do you equate that statement with thinking that people should work for their benefit money (and they have to travel to do the job) when they are supposed to be using that time to find a job?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:02 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Costa wrote:

Very true costa, and on the ladder to bigger and better things.

My wife worked full time when our first child was 6 months old - salary only just covered costs, she is now doing a similar job 12 years afterwards but is considerably higher up.

Exactly Andy, it gets you, your foot in the door at first and gaining experience which can only lead to better prospects for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:19 pm

Costa wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Yes Sphinx there is a point to it...you would be making a tory fat cat even fatter...at your expense...on the (false) promise of jam today pie tomorrow

of course, the fact you starved in the meantime would make it all worth while, you would be so full of esteem, you wouldnt need feeding.... Laughing (sorry that was facetious)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:33 pm

Costa wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Yeah thats great but making the assumption I can move on to bigger better things - At the moment I dont know whether I can manage 3 3 hour shifts a week without consequences - if I am travelling an hour each way to do them that makes it worse. (actually to be brutally honest I could not manage 2 hours travel in a day 3 times a week anyway - I do know that much)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:35 pm

Sassy wrote:
sphinx wrote:

How do you equate that statement with thinking that people should work for their benefit money (and they have to travel to do the job) when they are supposed to be using that time to find a job?

Because my dear sassy I have not said work for their benefit money I have said work for minimum wage remember? Also that is in terms of people who are physically able to do 40 hours a week - I am not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:39 pm

grumpy old git wrote:
Costa wrote:

Yes Sphinx there is a point to it...you would be making a tory fat cat even fatter...at your expense...on the (false) promise of jam today pie tomorrow

of course, the fact you starved in the meantime would make it all worth while, you would be so full of esteem, you wouldnt need feeding.... Laughing (sorry that was facetious)

Dont play that game - if I were physically capable of 40 hour weeks I would be working - and I would happily start bottom of the pile but I would not stay there. It would be jam today pie tomorrow because that is what working achieves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Sphinx...if you were capable then i'd say great....

But ...what I dont get is this...seriously....whats this crap about self esteem....are we all so conditioned to the no longer fit for purpose victorian "christian work ethic" that without gainful employment we are some how diminished..regardless of how that situation came about...

Now "doing our fair share" i can comprehend
"Doing the right thing" I can comprehand

but placing ones worth upon the  shakey pedestal of employment is a dire place to be..
It does however lend some insight into why , just occaisionally, some poor sod who is made redundant tops himself

this from a guy who is retired but still runs a small business...why..cos its fun, and it amuses me, who knows...in a year or two it might even employ someone else as well....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:43 am

Beekeeper wrote:
sphinx wrote:Firstly she is claiming her facebook was hacked - she should not be fired until that is investigated only suspended as is the case because if it does turn out to be true she should not be punished for it - obviously if it is not true and she wrote those things then yes she should be fired.

clown 

PLEASE tell us how one goes about "hacking" what is basically a public noticeboard website, Sphinx ?

AS YOU obviously seem to believe that you know so much more about the internet than us mere pleb's...    Suspect 
I seriously hope you're not implying that it's impossible to get the login details for an account.

Last edited by краљица од Хартс on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:50 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2