NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.

+4
veya_victaous
Eilzel
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  Empty OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:56 pm

I can't explain the 'why' for my feelings about this honorable man; but so much of what he says/does/projects/and stands for reminds me of Mahatma Gandhi and the lack of respect that this crowd is affording him is very much what Gandhi faced once he managed to get the 'British' to leave his country!

Supporters Boo Bernie Sanders As He Tells Them 'We Have Got to Elect Hillary Clinton'

by David Badash
July 25, 2016 2:36 PM      

'This Is the Real World That We Live In'

Bernie Sanders Monday afternoon was booed by his supporters when he urged them to elect Hillary Clinton. The Vermont Senator who built a huge base of supporters addressed them at a meeting ahead of the Democratic National Convention being gaveled in this afternoon.
"We have got to defeat Donald Trump," Sanders told delegates and supporters. "We have got to elect Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine," he continued, to loud boos and cries of "no!"
Sanders raised his hand in an attempt to quell the upset. 
"Brothers and sisters," Sanders said repeatedly, "this is the real world that we live in."
"Donald Trump is a bully and a demagogue. Trump has made bigotry and hatred the cornerstone of his campaign," he said.
Supporters quickly turned into protestors, making it difficult for Sen. Sanders to continue speaking.
https://pbs.twimg.com/ext_tw_video_thumb/757641034557972480/pu/img/DZdsM93m_wCOQKg4.jpg

Back to top Go down

OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  Empty Re: OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:06 pm

His supporters are really disappointing me lately. Very unrealistic and seemingly willing to let the country fall to Trump for the sake of their ideals.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  Empty Re: OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:23 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:His supporters are really disappointing me lately. Very unrealistic and seemingly willing to let the country fall to Trump for the sake of their ideals.

DITTO ...and some/many of those 'lesser thinking' humans on FB are misinterpreting this mans exhaustion and frustration as his contempt for HRC - when they seem oblivious to the words coming out of his MOUTH! Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:30 pm

Viewers guide to the Democratic convention

By Eric Bradner, CNN

Updated 4:12 PM ET, Mon July 25, 2016
Philadelphia (CNN)

Democrats kick off their convention Monday under the cloud of party chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz's resignation and Donald Trump's 6 point bounce coming out of last week's GOP convention.
The big question as the convention gavels in at 4 p.m. ET: Will Wasserman Schultz address her fellow Democrats? And if so, will she be booed, even if she's only present for a brief three minute speech?
It will be an early bit of drama ahead of a convention lineup that's packed with star power -- with two presidents, a vice president and the first lady serving as warm-up acts for Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine.
Here's what to watch each night in Philadelphia:

Monday

Clinton's primary rival, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, will have his moment -- with his 1,900 delegates to cheer him on. The speech is all the more important due to the DNC email controversy and will be watched closely for how Sanders addresses any intra-party issues.
Sanders is one of several headliners on the first day's prime-time lineup.
.cnn-politics-app-promo-card { width:100%; display:block; margin:0 auto 20px; } @media screen and (min-width: 640px) { .cnn-politics-app-promo-card { float:left; width:50%; max-width: 300px; display:block; margin:0 40px 20px 0; } }
Also on the list: First lady Michelle Obama, who's expected to speak about the role the president plays in the lives of American children in shaping their values and aspirations -- and how she sees Clinton as best to fill that role.
And prominent immigration reform activist Astrid Silva will deliver remarks expected to be well-received by liberals in the convention hall.
Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren will speak Monday night, and Rep. Joe Kennedy III is expected to introduce her.

Tuesday

The most important order of business: Democrats will officially make Clinton the first female presidential nominee from a major party with the roll call vote.
Later in the evening, Bill Clinton, the first of two former presidents to address the convention, will make the case for his wife's election.
The theme of the day, though, will be driven by the "Mothers of the Movement" -- a group of speakers that includes the mothers of Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Sandra Bland and more, all men and women who died in police custody or as a result of police actions. Trayvon Martin's mother, whose son died at the hands of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, will also speak.

Wednesday

President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden will both be on hand to make their case for Clinton -- potentially overshadowing the rest of the evening's roster.
But also introducing himself to the nation Wednesday night will be Kaine, just days after being tapped by Clinton as her running mate. He's a former Richmond mayor, Virginia governor and senator, and Democratic National Committee chairman, but he's never run nationally before.
Clinton will get a shot of independent credibility from former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who will denounce Trump and make his case for Clinton. Bloomberg aligns with Democrats on issues like gun control and immigration, but his coziness with Wall Street could make some liberal activists uneasy.

Thursday

Clinton will accept the Democratic nomination and deliver one of the biggest speeches of her political life -- on par with declaring in China that "women's rights are human rights" and more important than her 2008 concession speech in which she declared she'd placed "18 million cracks" in the glass ceiling.
She'll take a page from Trump's book in doing so.
Trump was introduced by his daughter, Ivanka. And Clinton will be introduced by her daughter, Chelsea.
What the two daughters have in common: Both have the capacity to humanize their parents, who are among the least-liked major party nominees in history.
Retired Gen. John Allen, who led the war in Afghanistan, will also be among the night's marquee speakers.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/25/politics/democratic-convention-viewers-guide/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:16 am

A lot of them were more anti-Hillary than pro-Bernie. So, he doesn't lead/control them.

This is the strongest disfavor race I have ever seen.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:05 am

Bernie told the truth about Hilary- that has damaged her, but it's still the truth.

Hilary's campaign and supporters insulted and undermined young voters and continue to do so- giving them no motivation to support her now.

Bernie now pledging support to Clinton is as honest as Jeremy Corbyn suppprting the Remain campaign.

If I was a US voter I'd still vote Clinton. But I don't blame those who won't. She and her fans may have helped poison her run in the end.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:34 am

I said it ages Ago
Democrats have done damage to their brand with younger voters by railroading Hilliary into position.
If they are not careful (In my opinon they are going about it all wrong) they will alienate Gen Y and Millenials for life
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:42 am

Paul Simon just sang the song he wrote: Bridge over Troubled Waters (originally sung by Art Garfunkel). It was quite moving to see people of my generation in the audience holding hands and swaying as whole sections sung with him.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:46 am

veya_victaous wrote:I said it ages Ago
Democrats have done damage to their brand with younger voters by railroading Hilliary into position.
If they are not careful (In my opinon they are going about it all wrong) they will alienate Gen Y and Millenials for life

What has Hillary done wrong? I don't get it.

I would love to see Gen Y and Millenials start a new party. There's nothing to be gained by turning to dying Repugs. A new party to the left of Democrats...now that I could support. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:18 am

Oh, Veya ...you've got to go back farther then that if you're going to 'blame game' the youth of America and their supposedly disillusionment about the Democrats. IMO,  they've been pissed off by both of our 'DO NOTHING POLTICIAL BASE SYSTEM' ...but the numbers for 'why' we elected a Bi-racial Democratic President {TWICE} was the apathetic/couldn't get them off of their sofa's/off of their recliners = Repug's to go vote. 
And each year more and more switch over to the Independent party!   

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:39 am

4EVER2 wrote:

Oh, Veya ...you've got to go back farther then that if you're going to 'blame game' the youth of America and their supposedly disillusionment about the Democrats. IMO,  they've been pissed off by both of our 'DO NOTHING POLTICIAL BASE SYSTEM' ...but the numbers for 'why' we elected a Bi-racial Democratic President {TWICE} was the apathetic/couldn't get them off of their sofa's/off of their recliners = Repug's to go vote. 

Yes but in each generational niche there is events that define peoples vote for life.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:49 am

Original Quill wrote:

What has Hillary done wrong?  I don't get it.

I would love to see Gen Y and Millenials start a new party.  There's nothing to be gained by turning to dying Repugs.  A new party to the left of Democrats...now that I could support. Twisted Evil

it's not hilliary, it is the party.
People didn't want Hilliary because they dont trust her, even now you have number like 86% don't trust her, a leader cannot lead well with distrust like that. Yet the Party has Kept Insisting it has to be her.
And Someone better Did stand up and they were knocked down by Party hacks and Wall street sell outs.

Which is a terrible look for the Left Wing (might be accepted in some Rigth Wing circles) the problem is Why is she Even up there? it makes the USA and Democrats seem to be devoid of Quality leadership, that anyone could determine her best to lead anything, let alone the free world. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

and then you have Trump.... which rasies the Question has the USA tried to get the 2 worst candidates.
I cant imagine either getting anywhere down here let alone be forerunners

Last edited by veya_victaous on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:50 am

veya_victaous wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:
Yes but in each generational niche there is events that define peoples vote for life.
True, and that's the rational that drove so many young Americans right into the military recruiting offices for: Army/Navy/Air Force & Marines right after 9-11 ...when GWB gave his 'Axis of Evil' speech and laid out his first steps of his LIES and got American's behind his every mental DRIBBLE. 
I fell for his BS and I voted for his re-election; even though - there was something that just wasn't ringing true and there was much that I'd didn't trust about him and didn't vote for him the first time. 
And how F'n sick I felt when the WMD's were found to be just nothing more than GWB's dog & pony show and all those dead Americans - all those hundred thousands of wounded - My vote helped do that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:10 am

veya wrote:it's not hilliary, it is the party.
People didn't want Hilliary because they dont trust her, even now you have number like 86% don't trust her, a leader cannot lead well with distrust like that. Yet the Party has Kept Insisting it has to be her.

If the Sander's backers can't articulate a reason for disliking Hillary, it must be a passing thing.  
Tonight Bernie Sanders gave a solid speech calling for unity in the party.  Without substance to their feelings, I think Sanders supporters will follow suit and fall in line with Hillary.

BTW...Michelle Obama gave an outstanding speech.  She was great.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:55 am

Original Quill wrote:
veya wrote:it's not hilliary, it is the party.

If the Sander's backers can't articulate a reason for disliking Hillary, it must be a passing thing.  
Tonight Bernie Sanders gave a solid speech calling for unity in the party.  Without substance to their feelings, I think Sanders supporters will follow suit and fall in line with Hillary.

well they can, she is untrust worthy based on her hisotry of being untrust worthy. that is why they dislike her she is seen as in bed with wall street and quick to jump on what ever bandwagon is popular.

that is the thing, I cant see how Hilliary is even nominated, as she seems to only have negatives against her name.
Like why aren't You or Ben or almost anyone the nominee?
Surely you are actually more qualified by virture of the fact less than 4 out 5 people think your untrust worthy?

Michelle Comes across as a much more trustworthy individual and less contrived than hilliary.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:18 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

well they can, she is untrust worthy based on her hisotry of being untrust worthy. that is why they dislike her she is seen as in bed with wall street and quick to jump on what ever bandwagon is popular.

that is the thing, I cant see how Hilliary is even nominated, as she seems to only have negatives against her name.
Like why aren't You or Ben or almost anyone the nominee?
Surely you are actually more qualified by virture of the fact less than 4 out 5 people think your untrust worthy?

Michelle Comes across as a much more trustworthy individual and less contrived than hilliary.

There seems to be a lot of rapprochement among Sanders supporters this morning.  Early, they held a breakfast meeting among those of the California deligation (the largest state of them all) and they seem to be following Bernie's advice to support Hillary.

One thing the die-hards can do, and what I've done in the past when I can't bring myself to vote for either candidate.  Write in your own name!  It makes sense...essentially when you vote your are giving away your personal authority.  By writing in your own name, you are stating that you don't give it to anybody...rather, you are keeping it this time.

It's the most logical thing you can do.  And who knows?  You might win. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:29 pm

It won't matter to the members that believe all of the 'yellow printed BS' that they only read - but if any one really wants to know the who/what/why of HRC and where she came from and what she's done for HUMANITY while getting an education ...then follow the link and find the video of last nights speech or not and remain a uneducated biased lesser thinking human  Rolling Eyes
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/07/26/bill-clinton-speech-democratic-convention/87582692/

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/full-speech-former-president-bill-clinton-addresses-the-dnc 

And former Sec. of State Madeleine Albright - ROCKED THE HOUSE!  OMG - 'Cheeto-Jesus' was BUTT SORE after she finished with his sorry arse!

Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright addresses DNC · 8h
July 26, 2016, 10:28 PM |Former Secretary of
CBS News

Back to top Go down

OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  Empty If the 'Bern-Baby-Bern' supporters really want to put him to work >

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:56 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:His supporters are really disappointing me lately. Very unrealistic and seemingly willing to let the country fall to Trump for the sake of their ideals.
Then getting him back into the Senate and voting him into the majority {after unseating so many of those GOP that have done NOTHING for 8 years} seat ...that would truly be a step in the right direction to MAKE AMERICA GREAT before the GOP screwed it up!
OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  13782137_316904525321191_638213121582947467_n

Back to top Go down

OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  Empty 3rd Night of the DNC ~~~ it's a ROCK'N IN Philly!!!

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:52 am

OMG ...VP-Joe Biden, you are such a gifted speaker and true to the points that needed to be said. 
Bloomberg, provided 'Cheeto-Jesus' so many ass-swipes --- he's going to be BUTT SORE for days --- so spot on and right to the point.  clappy
Trump urges Russia to hack Clinton’s emails
By Ed O'Keefe, Jose A. DelReal and John Wagner
July 27 at 1:39 PM

PHILADELPHIA — Democrats prepared to use their convention Wednesday night to raise fresh doubts about Donald Trump’s fitness to serve as commander in chief, as the Republican presidential candidate called on Russia to hack into Hillary Clinton’s email server to find “missing” messages and release them to the public.

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press,” Trump said during a news conference at his South Florida resort on Wednesday.

“They probably have them. I’d like to have them released. . . . It gives me no pause. If they have them, they have them,” Trump added later when asked if his comments were inappropriate. “If Russia or China or any other country has those emails, I mean, to be honest with you, I’d love to see them.”

“This has to be the first time that a major presidential candidate has actively encouraged a foreign power to conduct espionage against his political opponent,” Clinton’s senior policy adviser, Jake Sullivan, said in a statement. He added later: “This has gone from being a matter of curiosity, and a matter of politics, to being a national security issue.”

Trump’s comments earned another rebuke from House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.). His spokesman, Brendan Buck, said in a statement that “Russia is a global menace led by a devious thug. [Russian President Vladimir] Putin should stay out of this election.”

On several occasions throughout the GOP primary campaign, Ryan disavowed controversial Trump statements and withheld his endorsement for a month after the candidate had locked up the necessary delegates. Once he endorsed Trump, Ryan vowed to speak out if he felt that Trump had crossed a line.

Meanwhile, President Obama, Vice President Biden and the man who wants to succeed him, Sen. Timothy M. Kaine (D-Va.), spent Wednesday morning previewing what they plan to say tonight to tout Clinton’s national security experience.
On NBC’s “Today” show, Obama sought to raise fears about a Trump presidency. Responding to a question on Trump’s electoral chances, Obama said “we don’t know” whether the Republican could win the presidency and warned Democrats that “anybody who goes into campaigns not running scared can end up losing.”
Biden delivered a blunter assessment, saying that Trump “knows nothing about foreign policy, nor should he, based upon his background. But the thing that bothers me is, I don’t see any attempt for him to go out and to get people who really know on the Republican side” to advise him, he told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

Trump dismissed the attacks during his news conference, calling Obama “the most ignorant president in our history. His views of the world, as he says, don’t jive, and the world is a mess.” 

Trump appeared to be alluding to comments Obama made last week that disputed Republican views of a country “on the verge of collapse.”

“I think it is important, just to be absolutely clear here, that some of the fears that were expressed throughout the week just don’t jibe with the facts,” Obama said at a news conference last Friday.

Trump’s exchange with reporters on Wednesday was free-wheeling and tense. On several occasions, he interrupted reporters and accused them of bias. In one instance, he told a female reporter to “be quiet.”

The real estate mogul sought to distance himself from allegations that the Russian government hacked into the Democratic National Committee to benefit his campaign, which Clinton’s campaign manager suggested earlier this week.

“It is so farfetched. It’s so ridiculous. Honestly, I wish I had that power. I’d love to have that power, but Russia has no respect for our country,” Trump said.

Trump said repeatedly that “I have nothing to do with Russia” and distanced himself from previous positive comments he made about Putin: “I have nothing to do with Russia! I said that Putin has much better leadership qualities than Obama, but who doesn’t know that?”

Earlier on Twitter, Trump called Biden “not very bright.”
In Philadelphia, Kaine spoke Wednesday morning to Virginia Democrats and focused on Trump’s rhetoric and his frequently controversial remarks about women, minorities and temporarily banning Muslims from entering the United States.
“Is it too much to ask to have the first woman president rather than someone who offends women every time he opens his mouth?” he said on Wednesday morning.

Kaine, whose Marine son deployed overseas Monday, also said Trump has fought to avoid paying taxes that pay for the military — a potent message in veterans-rich Virginia.

“Who’s funding veterans’ programs?” he asked. “Who’s funding veterans’ services? Folks like you and me, but Donald Trump’s too big to have to fund veterans, too big to have to fund our military . . . too big to have to fund the things that make us a great nation.”

“I guess that’s just for suckers to have to pay for the society we have,” he said, as the audience of friends and supporters cheered.

Kaine is expected to focus on Clinton’s national security and foreign policy plans in his prime-time address, according to a campaign official.

The topics are consistent with the theme that Clinton officials have crafted for a third night of the convention, as foreign policy and terrorism have risen to the fore in the 2016 election. Trump has seized on those issues, casting himself as the candidate more focused on keeping the country safe.

Kaine’s pick as Clinton’s running mate drew praise from many quarters, but the former Virginia governor faces a challenge in convincing some progressive groups that he will champion their issues. Longtime watchers of Virginia politics say the question during much of Kaine’s career there has actually been whether he is too liberal for their state.

But Sen. Christopher Murphy (D-Conn.), who sits alongside Kaine on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, described the Virginian on Wednesday as “a next-level intellect.”

“There’s nobody better on that committee to distill these complicated issues into easy, digestible ways,” Murphy said in a Washington Post Live interview in Philadelphia. “I think he’s going to bring a readiness and humanity to this role. And all the press he gets about being a nice guy — it’s all true.”

Other speakers on Wednesday will include Leon Panetta, the former defense secretary and CIA director who served alongside Clinton during Obama’s first term, most notably during the military operation that killed terrorist leader Osama bin Laden. Former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg, a Democrat-turned-Republican-turned-independent, plans to endorse Clinton during Wednesday evening’s proceedings amid concerns about Trump’s fitness for the presidency.

Relatives of the victims of the recent Orlando nightclub shooting will also appear on Wednesday night, as well as the daughter of the principal of a Connecticut elementary school who was shot dead in a 2012 shooting; and astronaut Mark Kelly and his wife, former congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), the victim of a 2011 assassination attempt. The couple leads a gun safety organization.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/democratic-national-convention-obama-biden-kaine-set-to-tout-clinton-as-commander-in-chief/2016/07/27/afc57884-53e8-11e6-bbf5-957ad17b4385_story.html

I'm quite enjoying the numerous holes that the GOP has left open for the DNC to fill up with facts & data and solid/valid points that the RNC and their Herr Cheeto-Jesus just couldn't touch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:48 am

POTUS Obama - just hit it out of the ball park; what a class act - what a phenomenal well educated marvelous American.
The stage and the speakers tonight - if you missed it; well it's one for the record books to be sure!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:07 pm

Michelle...and then Dr. Obama, who will go down as the greatest president the US ever had.

Wednesday night was deserving of the raves. Stark contrast to the RNC, Ted Cruz and last Wednesday night.
cheers

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:Michelle...and then Dr. Obama, who will go down as the greatest president the US ever had.

Wednesday night was deserving of the raves.  Stark contrast to the RNC, Ted Cruz and last Wednesday night.
cheers

Lots of records getting busted with this DNC; first women placed on the POTUS ballot - first time ever that the DNC has had the full support of the former POTUS - many cross over voters leaving the GOP to vote for HRC ...and the positive messages and knowledge that she's got the ability - she's got the knowledge - she's put her time in - she's worked the hard jobs - and she's earned her rightful place as our POTUS can't be out shouted by the 'Cheeto-Jesus' crowd and their slime ball tactics! 
Amazing and so informative!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:52 am

It is rather for us, the living, to be here dedicated to the unfinished task of debunking the Repuglican lies that were started by the racist rogues that hated the idea of a black president, and now turn their guns on the idea of a female president.

These are the same people who lied to start a war, costing 300,000 lives, the US $17-trillion, and instituted an American-sponsored program of kidnapping, rendition, rape, torture and murder.

They are desperate. Their favorite, and only political trick is to try to paint the opposition with the same brush...in hopes of getting people to believe: Hey, we're not so bad.  

Well um... yes, you are that bad.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:03 am

OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  Best-damn-photos-democrats-honest

And suggesting that If People look more into Hilliary's Past is not a way to get people to like her, in fact it is quite the opposite the more you look into her past the more you have to question Why is she even nominated.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:13 am

veya_victaous wrote:OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  Best-damn-photos-democrats-honest

And suggesting that If People look more into Hilliary's Past is not a way to get people to like her, in fact it is quite the opposite the more you look into her past the more you have to question Why is she even nominated.

I suppose that was the expectation arising out of Dr. Obama's success. Certainly, the Repuglicans have assumed that, and taken a full 8-years to find ways to besmirch her with what have essentially turned out to be lies.

The Bernie Sanders/hate Hillary movement is taking on the proportions of a hate cult...even having had Bernie back away from the movement. It takes less time to do it than in 1932, but because of TV and Internet communication, even if the hero steps away, it has a tendency to turn ugly.

But it has got the very same characteristics of 1932, only faster.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:15 am

OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  3201073460   Oh, Veya ...you and your empty headed talking points; just trying to toss a snake into the hen house - well it won't work! 

And as I know your NOT A TOMMYKINS and you're quite capable of reading and you can comprehend what you read; you just have to find a BETTER SOURCE FOR YOUR FACTS AND DATA - ABOUT HRC. 
But never fear, our country is going to be in the best hands once the election is over and Chump-Trump heads to Britain  OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  2035286543   to find a safe haven with his like minded people!    OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  371740092

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:47 am

Why do you think people that express that She is not good
hate her?
You 2 are acting like the Hillshepherds because What you are implying is as logical and as accurate as suggesting I'm gay when i defend Homosexual Rights  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

you dont have to hate something to recogise it is of poor quality.
I have NOT been exposed to the RW media of the USA
I have been exposed tot the LW media of the world
which is Currently in oppostion to the 'LW' of the USA media because of How right wing the 'LW' nominee is.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:44 am

veya_victaous wrote:Why do you think people that express that She is not good
hate her?
You 2 are acting like the Hillshepherds because What you are implying is as logical and as accurate as suggesting I'm gay when i defend Homosexual Rights  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

which is Currently in oppostion to the 'LW' of the USA media because of How right wing the 'LW' nominee is.

I just saw her give the most liberal acceptance speech I've ever heard a U.S. presidential candidate give. Now, it's just a speech, but credit where credit's due -- she did make promises that people will hold her accountable for.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:15 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Why do you think people that express that She is not good
hate her?

I just saw her give the most liberal acceptance speech I've ever heard a U.S. presidential candidate give. Now, it's just a speech, but credit where credit's due -- she did make promises that people will hold her accountable for.

after the LW Bernie Bandwagon started rolling by.....
never denied that she is a champion bandwagon jumper Razz Razz Razz

And I think to touch on Quills point of bernie backing away from the 'anti-Hilliary' group...
It is because those groups are not party hacks, Their Vote is going to one that inspires them, Not the one on the 'correct team'.
it was not Bernie they wanted to vote for it was CHANGE!! they wanted to vote for someone that Said they will do things differently and make it more fair. Which is the opposite of Hilliary which is maintain the status quo and prevent the Trumpocoplyse. she may be the lesser fo 2 evils but she is not going to be a driver for Change. Which is what I'd say the Majorioty of Bernie supports Actually want.
Obama also got elected on the basis of 'Change' what the rusted on LW in the USA is not accpeting(and to a lesser extent the Labor party down here) is that a lot of LW voters are getting sick of the BS and while it can be glossed over with the whole 'not as evil as the other guy' campaign, that does not address any of the issues that people want addressed.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:26 am

Veya is talking absolute sense and if Clinton was up against Bernie instead of Trump, you'd all be agreeing with him right about now.

If I were a US citizen, I think I'd start up a group called the "abstain from voting party" and encourage people to demand better candidates or simply not vote.
Ive never seen such blatent self-brainwashing as I have from you lot over Clinton. You are starting to convince yourselves she's the best thing since sliced Obama.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:17 am

Oh, Veya ...that chasing the mythological rainbow ideology that Bernie represented was by no means a sure fire 'ride that wave right into the white house' guaranteed bet!

If anything Bernie was /is a pragmatic man and the absolute need to STOP the insanity group that has propelled the ilk of 'cheeto-jesus' from obtaining the chair in the oval office!  While you seem anal retentive to cling to your lies of 'MINOR' character flaws - her flaws on the scale weighed against her opponents is all that matters!
Sweet - Jesus, STOP recreating the election process - accept that you can't justify your version of vilifying her supposedly dirty laundry list of WORST WOMAN EVER ...it won't sell. 
And Eddie, THANK GOD you can't vote ...but you are exactly the mindset that is promoting 'cheeto-jesus' and he's ran with that pack all the way to the RNC party week affraid  

Now the PRIMARY OBJECTIVE IS TO KEEP HIM OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE - AWAY FROM MAKING ANY DECISION'S.  
HRC could stand up there and talked about the weather ...all the supporting speakers provided /proved her worthiness for office - she has the common sense needed that radiates LIKE A BLAST FURNACE COMPARED TO CHUMP-TRUMP!  
Hang onto your bitterness ...just don't let it ruin the next 4 years cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Veya wrote:You 2 are acting like the Hillshepherds because What you are implying is as logical and as accurate as suggesting I'm gay when i defend Homosexual Rights

No veya, I’ve asked you twice what do you have against her?  And twice you have given me no answer.

Veya wrote:I have NOT been exposed to the RW media of the USA

Yes you have.  So have I.  You want to inform yourself, don't you?  How else do you know that Faux News tells porkeys?

What is insidious about media is that it conveys not just the message, but the framing.  You may ardently reject the message, yet slavishly accept the framing.  Advertisers have learned these psychological tricks for decades.  Did you think that the political manipulators would not use the same techniques?

Hillary did not lie about Benghazi.  Hillary did not lie about emails.  But does Hillary lie?  Oh, most certainly!  You have rejected the lies, but allowed the framing to creep into your mind set.

The way to get through this is to return to the basic truth: What lies has she told?  Sort them through.  What has she done wrong?  What do you have against her?  When you find there is no sustainable misbehavior in the detailed allegations, you realize that there is no substance to the generalizations.

So, let's at least begin there again: What in your mind has she done wrong?  Give us facts, not after-the-fact summaries.  Give us big facts; at least as big as your summations.  Don't give us, she went from anti-gay to pro-LBGT it a short time, when so did all the world.  No, give us the bone-crushing facts, of the magnitude that the Repuglicans keep shouting about.

I'm sitting on a Grand Jury, say.  And you are arguing to indict her.  So, let me hear the evidence.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:53 pm

Veya wrote:...it was not Bernie they wanted to vote for it was CHANGE!!

I believe you and I appreciate your point.  But if they had a feasible way of achieving the ends Bernie sought, he would be the candidate and not Hillary.

In the end, we had the choice between practical, feasible ends, on the one hand, and pie-in-the-sky dreams, on the other hand.  Not that those dreams can't be realized someday, but we are not there today.  

Perhaps, like healthcare in America, we start in the 90's with Hillary's proposal, and then progress to 2016, when, with a Democratic landslide, we can finally achieve full, complete socialized medicine--get the profit predators out of there.

Let time be your ally.  The progress of healthcare in America offers a model of how politics progress.  Once we subdue the healthcare institutions and insurance capitalists, we can heal our bodies without concern for profit.  Likewise, slowly and incrementally, we can turn the same attention to banking, inheritance, insurance, property and capital, to turn those institutions into mechanisms that serve man, and not the other way around.  But timing is everything...you need patience.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Original Quill wrote:

I believe you and I appreciate your point.  But if they had a feasible way of achieving the ends Bernie sought, he would be the candidate and not Hillary.

In the end, we had the choice between practical, feasible ends, on the one hand, and pie-in-the-sky dreams, on the other hand.  Not that those dreams can't be realized someday, but we are not there today.  

Perhaps, like healthcare in America, we start in the 90's with Hillary's proposal, and then progress to 2016, when, with a Democratic landslide, we can finally achieve full, complete socialized medicine--get the profit predators out of there.

Let time be your ally.  The progress of healthcare in America offers a model of how politics progress.  Once we subdue the healthcare institutions and insurance capitalists, we can heal our bodies without concern for profit.  Likewise, slowly and incrementally, we can turn the same attention to banking, inheritance, insurance, property and capital, to turn those institutions into mechanisms that serve man, and not the other way around.  But timing is everything...you need patience.
Well said, Quill ...and as we've watched the evolution of our minuscule national health care system take those baby steps forward; against all odds and the continued angst of the Republican party - the Big Pharma lobbyist that have thrown all of their mega money against it --- it's taken this long to move that health care barge this far against those odds! HRC didn't give up, she went right back and at least got health care for our under privileged children ...she's NOT A QUITER!

People like Veya and follow the pack Eddie; didn't listen - don't read to find the truth, they latch onto Bullet Points that suit their affirmed hard wired opinions and cling to them as if it's been written in stoneRolling Eyes

Yet, right around here; Eddie will preach and post about members 'changing their POV - evolving - not being the racist/homophobes that they post like' - WTF, how exactly would Eddie know - she's reading the same BS that we all  are and we're reading their daily rants in a uniquely unfiltered way and she's got those 'special glasses on' Evil or Very Mad

SMH; saying one thing about obvious twisted mentality of members thoughts and yet standing firmly biased against a political woman for such obscure reasoning that has ZERO TRUTH or bases = blows my mind!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:24 pm

If a woman can become the leader of the most powerful nation in the world, that’s a huge change for all the women of the world.

Just thought I'd point that out Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:44 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:If a woman can become the leader of the most powerful nation in the world, that’s a huge change for all the women of the world.

EXACTLY ...something that I'd forgotten until last night; after getting my mothers absentee ballot so she could vote for POTUS Obama's re-election in 2008 and we'd discussed our sorrow about HRC vitriolic attacks to her: appearance - her voice - her sexual fornicative husband - but never any talking points about her ABILITIES - HER VIRTUES - HER SUCCESSES and sadly how we'd probably never live long enough to see a human of 'our gender' seated in the OVAL OFFICE. 
Yipper, I had a very huge lump in my throat remembering that night when last night ...HRC stated "I accept my parties nomination for POTUS" ...WOW - Mom, if only you'd been able to hang on for another 2 years!  Sad  
People outside of our borders just can't grasp how my gender have/has had very little impact within our political system until these past 10 - 15 years and even then the road and verbal insults have been hard to over come!

And 'NO - We do not think HRC walks on WATER', but our list of hopes for her to succeed are as long as her 'lists of want to complete on that agenda'; will the two match up during her term in office - OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  2787774761  there's never been any POTUS prior that has had everything they promised checked off as DONE/Finished by the time they packed up and moved out after their term was up.  Rolling Eyes
Get REAL and Get With What We 'AMERICANS' live with for over 200+ years. OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  2190311264

Last edited by 4EVER2 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:47 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:If a woman can become the leader of the most powerful nation in the world, that’s a huge change for all the women of the world.

EXACTLY ...something that I'd forgotten until last night; after getting my mothers absentee ballot so she could vote for POTUS Obama's re-election in 2008 and we'd discussed our sorrow about HRC vitriolic attacks to her: appearance - her voice - her sexual fornicative husband - but never any talking points about her ABILITIES - HER VIRTURES - HER SUCCESSES and sadly how we'd probably never live long enough to see a human of 'our gender' seated in the OVAL OFFICE. 
Yipper, I had a very huge lump in my throat remembering that night when last night ...HRC stated "I accept my parties nomination for POTUS" ...WOW - Mom, if only you'd been able to hang on for another 2 years!  Sad  
People outside of our borders just can't grasp how my gender have/has had very little impact within our political system until these past 10 - 15 years and even then the road and verbal insults have been hard to over come!

And 'NO - We do not think HRC walks on WATER', but our list of hopes for her to succeed are as long as her 'lists of want to complete on that agenda'; will the two match up during her term in office - OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  2787774761  there's never been any POTUS prior that has had everything they promised checked off as DONE/Finished by the time they packed up and moved out after their term was up.  Rolling Eyes
Get REAL and Get With What We 'AMERICANS' live with for over 200+ years. OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  2190311264

What a very special MOM she must have been. Smile

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:45 pm

eddie wrote:Veya is talking absolute sense and if Clinton was up against Bernie instead of Trump, you'd all be agreeing with him right about now.

If I were a US citizen, I think I'd start up a group called the "abstain from voting party" and encourage people to demand better candidates or simply not vote.
Ive never seen such blatent self-brainwashing as I have from you lot over Clinton. You are starting to convince yourselves she's the best thing since sliced Obama.

May I just point out that I've been in Camp Hillary from the get-go? I haven't convinced myself -- she convinced me.

The best way I can sum it up is some significant photos of Trump, Sanders and Clinton, each taken in 2010.

Trump:

OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  Trump

Sanders:

OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  Berniesanders_460x276

Clinton:

OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  2D7108E800000578-3273982-Hilary_Clinton_is_at_the_top_of_her_game_but_is_used_to_being_th-a-21_1444920057239

Of the three, who's doing the most important work in those photos?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:57 pm

Well I'm no fan of two pictured but they're carefully chosen pictures Ben. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:58 pm

eddie wrote:Well I'm no fan of two pictured but they're carefully chosen pictures Ben. Rolling Eyes

Okay, but can you find pictures of Sanders or Trump doing more important work than Clinton was, in the situation room while the mission to get bin Laden was going on?

That's my point -- Sanders has never been in that situation, and Trump has never been within an eight-hour plane ride of that situation.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:03 pm

Ok. Point taken. I'm sure as hell not hunting for pictures of Trump. I need to sleep well tonight.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:26 pm

Worth taking a few minutes out to listen to both these videos. One is an appraisal of Trump provided by a fellow billionaire. The other is a foreign psychologist on a US chat show. Between them they explain so much. Incisive and insightful.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:27 pm

Welcome aboard, Jules! Glad we were able to get you all set up.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:30 pm

Who's next?? I can't wait to find out!

OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  Fivepresspan

OPENING NIGHT - DNC and Bernie is a Class Act.  Potus_10

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:32 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Welcome aboard, Jules! Glad we were able to get you all set up.
Thank you very kindly, Mr Reilly.
Could I trouble one of you to simplify my name to just "Jules"? Not urgent, just whenever you people have time.x

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:31 pm

Welcome, Jules.  I believe you can do it yourself.  Just go to Profile and change your name.  Be sure to hit 'Save' at the bottom of the whole page, or when you close the window it will simply restore to the former.

Gd Luck.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:08 am

Original Quill wrote:Welcome, Jules.  I believe you can do it yourself.  Just go to Profile and change your name.  Be sure to hit 'Save' at the bottom of the whole page, or when you close the window it will simply restore to the former.

Gd Luck.
Many thanks, OQ. x clappy Laughing

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:13 am

Jules wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:Welcome aboard, Jules! Glad we were able to get you all set up.
Thank you very kindly, Mr Reilly.
Could I trouble one of you to simplify my name to just "Jules"?  Not urgent, just whenever you people have time.x

Nice to see you Jules and a warm welcome from me as well.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:46 am

but that is also the point
Australia the Uk etc have done that already.
And Hilliary is a bad one to do it, like Thacher she will leave a negaitive connation of Women in power.

Plus as shown with Obama, it is nothing but symbolic and doesn't not actually fix anything when not backed by broader social change.

@Quill
I answered multipule times
Not trusted by 86%, No one should be allowed to lead if they are that Untrusted.
Too many connections to Wall street
Too much like every other party hack unless leader.
too much of a bandwagon jumper.
People like her are what is wrong with Politics
she is there for the prestige not because she has a vision for the nation

AGAIN what is good about her? you have not answered that
And if you cant then she should not be running
Mediocracy does not make a leader.

and we hardly get Fox news down here, it is limited to 30second snippets of 'how fucked up is the USA' throw away news pieces.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:01 am

Original Quill wrote:

when You put it like that
the USA will be better off long term with Trump.
it will speed things up or burn them down.
Patience is suffering for how many millions?
poverty for how many million children to wait for the political conviences of a party hack?

I was thinking this the other day
the USA has such a weak social contract, it is not worth being a memeber of American Society.
What is the point at all? I dont see how the Average American gains anything from continuing in their current system.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next