NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Daily Fail fails again

Go down

The Daily Fail fails again Empty The Daily Fail fails again

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:11 pm

Yesterday the Daily Fail smothered it's front page with a made up story about t-shirts with Corbyn's name on.

Turns out, they weren't made in Bangladesh, they were made in the UK by a crowdfunding exercise after a artist did a load of 'superhero' logos.   The Fail even took one of the t-shirts out to Bangladesh to take a photo of a lady holding it.   However, they were rumbled even before the paper went out.   So will they be printing a retraction like they had to last year:

The Daily Fail fails again CoFzNUNWEAAcVH8

Here's the article from back in 2015 about the man who was going to do the T-shirts:

We spoke to the guy who wants to make Jeremy Corbyn superhero T-shirts a thing

The Daily Fail fails again F4mestgocmwxkqjfcod4

Angry Dan wearing his SUPERCORBYN T-shirt Angry Dan  

Angry Dan is an artist with a thing for "slightly badly drawn superhero logos." He also happens to think that "Jeremy Corbyn is one of the best things to happen to UK politics in quite some time." He's put his two passions together and has come up with a SUPERCORBYN T-shirt, and he wants everyone to start wearing one.
Dan is very serious about his mission to get at least 1,000 people into his shirts and  has been pounding the streets of London, handing out flyers directing people to his (not-for-profit) crowdfunding campaign. We caught up with Dan to see what inspired him to create Britain's answer to the iconic "Yes we can" T-shirts that dominated US President Barack Obama's Presidential campaign.
Why are you so angry, Dan?
David Cameron ticks me off fairly regularly.
What inspired the T-shirts?
I made the first one for a laugh, just as a celebration of Corbyn and a light-hearted 'up yours' to the right wing media's portrayal of him, but found that whenever I wore it people would always come and chat about how much they love Corbyn. It was astounding. I'd walk into a pub and they'd come up and ask me where I got it and we'd talk about politics. One day someone suggested I should do a crowdfunding campaign to get loads made and I thought it seemed like a good way to spread my own positive experiences.
What do people say when they see you in your T-shirt?
Lots of compliments, plenty of laughter and the occasional raised eyebrow.
Have you made any converts to the Corbyn cause?
The media often make out that Corbyn supporters are weirdos and freaks but every person I have interacted with has been perfectly decent and grounded. I wouldn't like to profess to making any conversions but I can tell you there's much stronger support for Corbyn amongst normal Britons from all walks of life than those papers would care to write about. A lot of those people wouldn't fly the red flag quite so openly, but they're enamoured by Corbyn's honesty, kindness and hope enough to want to share their enthusiasm by wearing a T-shirt.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/jeremy-corbyn-superhero-t-shirts-2015-12

FAIL, FAIL, FAIL, and an even bigger fail to the tits who bought the paper and believed it

Back to top Go down

The Daily Fail fails again Empty Re: The Daily Fail fails again

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:28 pm

Article says the T-shirts were "printed" in the UK... but were they made in Bangladesh as claimed...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down