NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police at Manchester airport warn passengers about Female FGM.

5 posters

Go down

Police at Manchester airport warn passengers about Female FGM. Empty Police at Manchester airport warn passengers about Female FGM.

Post by Syl Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:56 pm

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-manchester-airport-warn-passengers-11642485

The practice of Female Genital Mutation is a criminal offence punishable by 14 years imprisonment.

The practice is also illegally carried out in this country.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18900803

"Every year around 20,000 young women in the UK and France are "at risk" from female genital mutilation (FGM), but the way each country's authorities deal with those who carry it out are very different."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Police at Manchester airport warn passengers about Female FGM. Empty Re: Police at Manchester airport warn passengers about Female FGM.

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:50 pm

Syl wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-manchester-airport-warn-passengers-11642485

The practice of Female Genital Mutation is a criminal offence punishable by 14 years imprisonment.

"Every year around 20,000 young women in the UK and France are "at risk" from female genital mutilation (FGM), but the way each country's authorities deal with those who carry it out are very different."

How are they going to stop it?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Police at Manchester airport warn passengers about Female FGM. Empty Re: Police at Manchester airport warn passengers about Female FGM.

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:37 am

What are the warning signs then?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:27 pm

It's a bit confusing as to what they expect passengers to do though....if they report suspicions that young girls are being taken out of the country to be mutilated in the school holidays, why are so very few people ever arrested here?

The practice is carried out here.....why has it not been stopped in the UK at source?

This is the third year running GMP have operated from Manchester airport trying to raise awareness.....so they must think it's useful, not sure how.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:31 pm

Syl wrote:
It's a bit confusing as to what they expect passengers to do though....if they report suspicions that young girls are being taken out of the country to be mutilated in the school holidays, why are so very few people ever arrested here?

The practice is carried out here.....why has it not been stopped in the UK at source?

This is the third year running GMP have operated from Manchester airport trying to raise awareness.....so they must think it's useful, not sure how.

I don't know why they are bothering to 'raise awareness'. What a useless exercise when what's needed is a hefty sentence for mutilating children. This goes so way back in their culture it's ingrained beyond redemption. You'd think after generations of suffering, the women themselves would say 'enough!'.. .but they don't. They perpetuate it themselves. Which is how abuse works. It's like those bloody posters they put up in an effort to 'educate' young Muslim men that you can't rape or sexually abuse women. Do you think for one moment they give a toss about that or it will change anything? More apt would be a poster saying 'You will be imprisoned then deported if you rape or abuse any woman in this country.'
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:52 pm

Obviously the police and authorities would then have to act and do something about it.....at present what do they actually do?

The number of young girls it happens to here in this country is unknown because of the secrecy....but it's thought to be in the thousands.

Horrendous though it is that so many schoolgirls get shipped back to their parents countries at the start of the long summer school holidays, so giving them time to heal, would the chances of people who do this to the girls being caught not be greater if the police concentrated on the likely suspects here?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:06 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/police-manchester-airport-warn-passengers-11642485

Might I add that the modern western practice of Vajazzle is classed as FGM too. TOWIE girls beware! Suspect lol!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:20 pm

Jules wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Might I add that the modern western practice of Vajazzle is classed as FGM too. TOWIE girls beware! Suspect  lol!

Ugh I think it's awful
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:53 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Jules wrote:

Might I add that the modern western practice of Vajazzle is classed as FGM too. TOWIE girls beware! Suspect  lol!

Ugh I think it's awful

It's a ridiculous fad, but having a few removable swarovsky crystals stuck around your pubic area is hardly the same as having your genital area sliced off and sewn up.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:29 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Ugh I think it's awful

It's a ridiculous fad, but having a few removable swarovsky crystals stuck around your pubic area is hardly the same as having your genital area sliced off and sewn up.  

I think there's some parts of the human body that should not be messed with.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:32 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

I think there's some parts of the human body that should not be messed with.  

When it's done for cosmetic reasons, I completely agree.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:42 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

They can't stop it. All they can do is chuck some money around make some posters and try to look as if they are being proactive.
We have a shed load of laws against it but how many are prosecuted?
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Hardly any.
This is a 2 year old news report. \/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26681364

"MPs have said it is "unforgivable" that there have been no UK prosecutions since laws against FGM were introduced nearly 30 years ago.

This was despite more than 140 referrals to police in the past four years.

The Female Genital Mutilation Act 2003 replaced a 1985 Act, in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, raising the maximum penalty from five to 14 years in prison.

It also made it an offence for UK nationals or permanent UK residents to carry out FGM abroad even in countries where it is legal."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Syl wrote:Hardly any.

"MPs have said it is "unforgivable" that there have been no UK prosecutions since laws against FGM were introduced nearly 30 years ago.

The Female Genital Mutilation Act 2003 replaced a 1985 Act, in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, raising the maximum penalty from five to 14 years in prison.

It also made it an offence for UK nationals or permanent UK residents to carry out FGM abroad even in countries where it is legal."

Why the lack of will to prosecute I wonder ?
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:44 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Syl wrote:Hardly any.

Why the lack of will to prosecute I wonder ?

Do you know what I think its about Nems?

Its a double edged sword.
The child is indoctrinated to believe its part of their faith.
Thus they will not rat out their parents or relatives resposnible.
Estimations of 137,000 women and girls have been mutilated in the UK.
Again this goes back to my point on the belief around wearing the headscarf of Burkha. Where a child will be raised to believe this is a religious requirement and to not dishonour their parents.
This is why I keep stipulating why poor beliefs based off bad conceptions is not people choosing to wear or want this barbaric mutilation. The choice is the belief system itself, where people are indoctrinated to believe something wrong is then to them right.

This I reckon more than anything is why you have not seen a conviction, as I guess none of the victims have been willing to testify against their parents or relatives
If any have been willing and there has been no convictions, then heads should role

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down