NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing missing children posts on Facebook could cause harm, police warn

2 posters

Go down

Sharing missing children posts on Facebook could cause harm, police warn Empty Sharing missing children posts on Facebook could cause harm, police warn

Post by eddie Sun May 14, 2017 4:08 pm

A police force has warned Facebook users against sharing missing children posts online, as they “may be putting a life at risk”.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) said that it can be dangerous to share posts on social media which feature information and or images of missing children because they may not be lost.

“They [the children] may actually be hiding for their own safety,” the RCMP stressed on its Facebook page.

“For example - a parent who has been forbidden any access to their children through a court order might put their children's photos on Facebook and claim them as missing. The other parent and child may be in hiding for their own protection.”

The post continued: “By sharing these photos, you may be putting a life at risk.”

The RCMP went on to urge the public to check the source of any image being shared. If the image did not originate from a confirmed police source of from a reputable media outlet showing that officers are actively searching, the post is “likely not legitimate.”

Highlighting how social media users can believe that they are helping children when they share such posts, people left comments underneath the post expressing their shock and thanking the RCMP.

“I never thought of that I will be doing more research from now on. Thanks for sharing,” wrote one Facebook user.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/missing-children-posts-sharing-facebook-cause-harm-police-warn-canada-twitter-a7731596.html
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Sharing missing children posts on Facebook could cause harm, police warn Empty Re: Sharing missing children posts on Facebook could cause harm, police warn

Post by eddie Sun May 14, 2017 4:20 pm

People need to really think about what they share on social media sites.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Sharing missing children posts on Facebook could cause harm, police warn Empty Re: Sharing missing children posts on Facebook could cause harm, police warn

Post by magica Mon May 15, 2017 3:11 pm

I don't like FB or Twitter etc. If wanted all people to know my business I'd take an advert out in the paper!

If I got anything to say I do it the old fashioned way, visit or phone.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down