NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't Shoot Officer - I'm His Behavior Therapist; says the black man with his hands up

5 posters

Go down

Don't Shoot Officer - I'm His Behavior Therapist; says the black man with his hands up Empty Don't Shoot Officer - I'm His Behavior Therapist; says the black man with his hands up

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:24 pm

Fla. man says his hands were up when police shot him

by  Mary Bowerman, USA TODAY Network 8:19 a.m. EDT July 21, 2016

black Florida man trying to calm his patient with autism was shot by a police officer Monday, despite having his hands in the air, he said Wednesday.
North Miami Assistant Police Chief Neal Cuevas said the incident happened when officers responded to a call that a man with a gun was walking around threatening to shoot himself, the Miami Herald reported. Charles Kinsey, a behavioral therapist, told WSVN-TV that the man police were searching for was his patient, who had escaped from a nearby group home, and the gun was actually a toy truck.

In cell phone video of the incident, Kinsey, 47, is seen laying on the ground with his hands in the air.
In the video, he repeatedly assures police the young man does not have a gun.

“All he has is a toy truck in his hands,” Kinsey said in the video. “I am a behavior therapist at a group home.”
Throughout the incident, Kinsey’s patient refused to comply with police and lay down, although Kinsey encouraged him to follow the officers’ directions.
“Rinaldo, please be still,” he said in the clip. “Sit down Rinaldo. Lay on your stomach.”
Kinsey told WSVN-TV, during the incident he was more worried about the patient than himself.
“I was thinking as long as I have my hands up ... they’re not going to shoot me," he told the station, from his hospital bed.
Kinsey said moments later he was shot in the leg, and then handcuffed while the officers waited for medics to arrive.
North Miami police spokeswoman Natalie Buissereth had few details on the shooting, but told the Herald that at some point during the negotiation "one of the responding officers discharged his weapon.”
The cell phone video did not capture the actual shooting. According to the Herald, the incident is currently being investigated by the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office.
On social media, many expressed outrage over the incident, which comes in the midst of increased scrutiny of police involved shootings.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/07/21/fla-man-says-his-hands-were-up-when-police-shot-him/87377306/
I just can't fathom this continued shoot first mentality within these many police departments nation wide; the seated man is obviously a confused mentally inept individual with limited comprehension capabilities and the guy desperately to defuse the situation isn't being listened to and GETS SHOT! 
Well worst case scenario, the cop didn't hit a main artery in the Therapists leg, so he'll live to sue that dumb-ass and the department for their lack of proper training! No

Back to top Go down

Don't Shoot Officer - I'm His Behavior Therapist; says the black man with his hands up Empty Re: Don't Shoot Officer - I'm His Behavior Therapist; says the black man with his hands up

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:29 pm

Its beginning to look like your cops are more dangerous than the nutty-est NRA bozo...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Don't Shoot Officer - I'm His Behavior Therapist; says the black man with his hands up Empty Re: Don't Shoot Officer - I'm His Behavior Therapist; says the black man with his hands up

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:35 pm

pale

YEP...

THERE IS  the obvious question..

Why did that dickhead cop have his gun drawn ?
Seems like gunhappy cops heading straight onto the scene without suss'ing the scene out first..        

scratch
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:44 pm

Stop agreeing with me wolfie...it makes me nervous Razz Razz Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:50 pm

Amazing that the cell phone didn't capture the shooting. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:58 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:pale

YEP...

THERE IS  the obvious question..

Why did that dickhead cop have his gun drawn ?
Seems like gunhappy cops heading straight onto the scene without suss'ing the scene out first..        

scratch

On my link there's a clear video; don't know why my internet is having such huge issues - maybe this heat - solar spots Don't Shoot Officer - I'm His Behavior Therapist; says the black man with his hands up 2190311264  
But I couldn't get that video to up load and run ...but it clearly heard what the B-Therapist is saying - when he's pleading with his patient to do with that toy truck - what he's saying to the officers while he's stretched out flat on his back - his feet straddle the seated young man - and the B-Therapist has his arms raised above his head the entire time!

BTW - Wolfie ...I've tried to post a question about your Knee and how well that recovery is going? 
And my Internet just kept locking up on me Don't Shoot Officer - I'm His Behavior Therapist; says the black man with his hands up 2396444674

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:59 pm

eddie wrote:Amazing that the cell phone didn't capture the shooting. Rolling Eyes

Since the police aren't denying they shot him though, what difference does that make?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Amazing that the cell phone didn't capture the shooting. Rolling Eyes

Since the police aren't denying they shot him though, what difference does that make?

Probably none. I was just making an observation. Zut a-fucking-lors. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:08 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
If some one clicks on my link and looks at that video ...I can't tell if that isn't from one of the responding officers video camera's attached to their uniform --- it's right at the shoulder level that often is the angle/perspective that is what we get to see!
But I'd be very surprised that it would be released so soon after a Police Officer shot an unarmed black man laying prone on the pavement! 

Just can't fathom WTF is going on; can you imagine the reaction from the command post 'officer in charge' for the day when that call came back; "OOPS, shot that black man while he was down on the ground with his arms raised ...and there wasn't ANY WEAPON any where to be found, just this dam toy truck!"

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Don't Shoot Officer - I'm His Behavior Therapist; says the black man with his hands up Image148
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:36 am

eddie wrote:Don't Shoot Officer - I'm His Behavior Therapist; says the black man with his hands up Image148

+ infinity
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down