NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WATCH: NYPD officers beat young black man who had his hands up over pizza he didn’t steal

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WATCH: NYPD officers beat young black man who had his hands up over pizza he didn’t steal Empty WATCH: NYPD officers beat young black man who had his hands up over pizza he didn’t steal

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:42 pm

A grocery store surveillance video shows a young black man holding his hands up in surrender before two New York police officers start pounding him in the head over the suspected theft of a $3 slice of pizza. Thomas Jennings, 24, can be seen in the surveillance camera video leaning on the counter at a grocery store in Brooklyn on July 7, when NYPD officer Lenny Lutchman approaches from behind and immediately starts shoving him in the chest and grabbing his wrist. Jenning appears surprised and raises both hands in surrender. Suddenly, Lutchman’s partner Pearce Martinez runs in and without breaking his stride or saying anything, rains down a full-force right hand punch to Jennings’ head. He continues to pummel him and Lutchman joins in, hitting Jennings with his baton. During the beating, Jennings remains curled over the counter and doesn’t fight back. While Martinez handcuffs Jennings, Lutchman continues striking him, even though Martinez is facing no challenge from Jennings, who appears to helpfully put his hand behind his back.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/watch-nypd-officers-beat-young-black-man-who-had-his-hands-up-over-pizza-he-didnt-steal/

Back to top Go down

WATCH: NYPD officers beat young black man who had his hands up over pizza he didn’t steal Empty Re: WATCH: NYPD officers beat young black man who had his hands up over pizza he didn’t steal

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:34 pm

I would agree that was excessive force. I'm having trouble opening that link to the article but I read about the incident elsewhere, and the two officers are being investigated.

It's a good job the police officers aren't white eh?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

WATCH: NYPD officers beat young black man who had his hands up over pizza he didn’t steal Empty Re: WATCH: NYPD officers beat young black man who had his hands up over pizza he didn’t steal

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I would agree that was excessive force. I'm having trouble opening that link to the article but I read about the incident elsewhere, and the two officers are being investigated.  

Two of the officers are caucasian that carried out the excessive force, of which there could be a racical element here of thos who used excessive force.
No idea, and would need investigating.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:45 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I would agree that was excessive force. I'm having trouble opening that link to the article but I read about the incident elsewhere, and the two officers are being investigated.  

Two of the officers are caucasion that carried out the excessive force, of which there could be a racical element here of thos who used excessive force.

I don't see any Caucasian officers there. Martinez might be - it's difficult to see him clearly, but the other three are not.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Two of the officers are caucasion that carried out the excessive force, of which there could be a racical element here of thos who used excessive force.

I don't see any Caucasian officers there. Martinez might be - it's difficult to see him clearly, but the other three are not.

The two officers involved are caucasian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:50 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

As in white? (In case it's a trick statement). They are not - or at least one of them is not.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

As in white? (In case it's a trick statement). They are not - or at least one of them is not.

In your opinin, if hispanic that is caucasian.
Both to me are caucasian.
Anyhow you brought race into this, when it was more about Police brutality which is interesting that you did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:53 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Anyhow you brought race into this, when it was more about Police brutality which is interesting that you did.

They don't look hispanic to me.

Actually, you brought race into it when you said the man they arrested was black. You quoted it from the article you linked to.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Actually, you brought race into it when you said the man they arrested was black. You quoted it from the article you linked to.

One of them does and even has a hispanic name.

I never made any comments, you were the first to comment, that was just what the article said.

Whoops.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I never made any comments, you were the first to comment, that was just what the article said.

Whoops.

Laughing

You were the one who quoted an article which mentioned the race of the man who was arrested. If you didn't want race mentioned, you should have edited it out.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Whoops.

Laughing

You were the one who quoted an article which mentioned the race of the man who was arrested. If you didn't want race mentioned, you should have edited it out.

Again I made no comment, you then made a comment and brought up race.
Not botherede either way that race is mentioned, just find it interesting that you did.
You seem very defensive as to why.

lol catch you later.

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:02 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Not botherede either way that race is mentioned, just find it interesting that you did.

lol catch you later.

Razz

No, you brought up race from the article.

You couldn't argue with me on the first point - that it was excessive force - so you had to argue about something else.

You would say black is white - no pun intended. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

lol catch you later.

Razz

No, you brought up race from the article.

You couldn't argue with me on the first point - that it was excessive force - so you had to argue about something else.

You would say black is white - no pun intended. Laughing

Talk about desperately trying to climb your way out of a hole ha ha.

Laughing

No commentwas made by me, you state if an article is posted where no comment is made the poster must agree with it.
That is just utterly daft and shows you can never admit your faults.

You brought up race.

I agree with you that it was excessive force but disagree with your view to what is caucasion, because again you brought up race.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:29 pm

Nearly every thread about police brutality contains accusation of racism on the part of white officers, so of course I was pleased that the officers in this case were not white.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Nearly every thread about police brutality contains accusation of racism on the part of white officers, so of course I was pleased that the officers in this case were not white.

Yet the possibility is that two of them maybe white.
Hence why I said it was interesting that you did bring up race.
Race may have nothing to do with this of which I agree, hence my point on you bringing it up as interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:33 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Nearly every thread about police brutality contains accusation of racism on the part of white officers, so of course I was pleased that the officers in this case were not white.

Race may have nothing to do with this of which I agree, hence my point on you bringing it up as interesting.

Well I don't think they're white, which is why I said it's a good thing they're not, otherwise there would be a frenzy of posts about racist white police officers again.

Mind you, if you say they're white, someone is bound to agree with you and go into a frenzy about racism on the part of white officers.

Like I said, you would say black is white - and so would others on here. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Well I don't think they're white, which is why I said it's a good thing they're not, otherwise there would be a frenzy of posts about racist white police officers again.

Mind you, if you say they're white, someone is bound to agree with you and go into a frenzy about racism on the part of white officers.

Like I said, you would say black is white - and so would others on here. Laughing

Why is it a good thing at all here when it is Police brutality.
Again abusrd reasoning.
If hispanic how whould it be black is white, again another illogical understanding you make.

Doh

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:43 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Again abusrd reasoning.
If hispanic how whould it be black is white, again another illogical understanding you make.

Doh

Laughing

Because then it's not police brutality and racism on the part of white officers.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Again abusrd reasoning.

Doh

Laughing

Because then it's not police brutality and racism on the part of white officers.

But it is Police brutality no matter if the officers are white.
So on that how point how is anything good there.
All you have with racism is a reason for the brutality do you not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:47 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It was excessive force, yes. I believe I already said that.

However, it's good that it wasn't also open to accusations of racism on the part of white police officers against a black person.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

However, it's good that it wasn't also open to accusations of racism on the part of white police officers against a black person.

But how is it a good thing when there has been Police brutality and its not racism?
Again when you know its racism, you know the cause behind the Police brutality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:54 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

But how is it a good thing when there has been Police brutality and its not racism?

Well because that would be two accusations instead of one Didge.

It remains to be seen if there is a reason for what does indeed look excessive force. This story is on many websites, so I'm sure more will be said in due course.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Well because that would be two accusations instead of one Didge.

It remains to be seen if there is a reason for what does indeed look excessive force. This story is on many websites, so I'm sure more will be said in due course.

Well its clear there has to be a reason for the brutality does it not Rags?
So that would also mean two accusations does it not?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:17 pm

MY HEAD HURTS!!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:21 pm

nicko wrote:MY HEAD HURTS!!!

I think you mean the debate went something like that Nicko

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:23 am

WATCH: NYPD officers beat young black man who had his hands up over pizza he didn’t steal LZuyUPv
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:05 am

I think that is actually good advice Veya, and I do think that a lot of the aggression I've seen on follows on from resisting arrest, getting gobby, or running away.

However, it doesn't seem to apply in this case. Why Martinez ran in and start hitting the chap when he had his hands up is a bit odd. There is an investigation, and it's been reported that because there's no audio it's difficult to know what was said.

There is a back story to this - something about Jennings and a knife-wielding thief in a pizza restaurant, and the theft of some pizza - possibly a case of mistaken identity?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:16 am

Ah, not mistaken identity. Jennings had indeed been in a takeaway of some kind, and he said he stepped outside to borrow some money because he didn't have quite enough.

The story from an employee was that there was allegedly another man with him who allegedly pulled a knife and said they weren't paying and then they fled with the pizza and some salt and pepper shakers.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/video-shows-cops-beating-suspect-surrender-article-1.2299659
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:29 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Ah, not mistaken identity. Jennings had indeed been in a takeaway of some kind, and he said he stepped outside to borrow some money because he didn't have quite enough.

The story from an employee was that there was allegedly another man with him who allegedly pulled a knife and said they weren't paying and then they fled with the pizza and some salt and pepper shakers.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/video-shows-cops-beating-suspect-surrender-article-1.2299659

The last point would put this as mistaken identity.
Again what ever he did does not warrant the Police brutality does it??

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:38 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Ah, not mistaken identity. Jennings had indeed been in a takeaway of some kind, and he said he stepped outside to borrow some money because he didn't have quite enough.

No - the guy had his hands up and didn't appear to be resisting.

I'm just trying to put it in context. I did think it might have been mistaken identity, but it seems not. I wonder if Martinez thought Jennings had a knife or something. I don't know - it will be interesting to see how it pans out.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:43 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

I'm just trying to put it in context. I did think it might have been mistaken identity, but it seems not. I wonder if Martinez thought Jennings had a knife or something. I don't know - it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

No you are just guessing completely guessing based off hearsay as to whether it is mistaken identity.

Even if he thought he had a knife, he had his arms in the air and in front of him showing submission.

The force used was excessive.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:47 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No you are just guessing completely guessing based off hearsay as to whether it is mistaken identity.

Even if he thought he had a knife, he had his arms in the air and in front of him showing submission.

No, I'm going on what the reports say - you know, like you do?

I'm not disputing that the force was excessive, but you wanted to know why the officers might have behaved like that. Now you're not interested.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:49 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

I'm not disputing that the force was excessive, but you wanted to know why the officers might have behaved like that. Now you're not interested.

You just went off a witness, where one said also there was someone else.
You are second guessing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:50 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You are second guessing

What are you doing then Didge? Oh yes, sitting here providing nothing of interest because you want an argument.

Do you have anything more to add about this incident at all?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:51 am

D
Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

You are second guessing

What are you doing then Didge? Oh yes, sitting here providing nothing of interest because you want an argument.

Deflection counter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:56 am

Cuchulain wrote:

D
Raggamuffin wrote:

Deflection counter.

So you've nothing to add then. I thought not.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:03 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

D

Deflection counter.

I showed your view was waffle, that is all that is required.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:05 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No you didn't.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:08 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

No you didn't.

WATCH: NYPD officers beat young black man who had his hands up over pizza he didn’t steal 200_s

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:09 am

You're losing again Didge. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:14 am

Raggamuffin wrote:You're losing again Didge. Laughing

No just treating you with the maturity you are acting with.
When you act adult again, then yolu will be shown some respect.

Simple eh as I have always been able to make you easily pissed off that you place me on ignore.

Your choice and would rather debate in an adult fashion.

Laughing Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:21 am

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:You're losing again Didge. Laughing

Simple eh as I have always been able to make you easily pissed off that you place me on ignore.

You hate it when I ignore you, don't you Didge? Cool  It's sometimes the only way to deal with people like you though. You have just proved that your aim here is to annoy people - which is childish and immature. You need to grow up and see yourself for what you are. Wink

I could ridicule you instead, as you seem so keen on that. It would be very easy to do because you make an arse of yourself on a daily basis. lol!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:27 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

You hate it when I ignore you, don't you Didge? Cool  It's sometimes the only way to deal with people like you though. You have just proved that your aim here is to annoy people - which is childish and immature. You need to grow up and see yourself for what you are. Wink

I could ridicule you instead, as you seem so keen on that. It would be very easy to do because you make an arse of yourself on a daily basis. lol!

I find it far more pelasant as you always surrender in the end and end up replying.
 Ha ha ha ha

I am that good i will always sucker you in.

You are just my little puppet I have you dancing to my tunes.

Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:44 pm

Keep taking the meds Didge.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Keep taking the meds Didge.

Laughing

May catch you later Rags, have fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Didge, are you retarded?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:24 pm

Just to butt in...the whole article was about the race of the man arrested as that was why the title mentioned his race.

They didn't say a "tall guy" or "a man who wore blues shoes"

They said a black guy.
So the story was the one that mentioned race - it was a racial story.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:27 pm

By the by, almost everything didge posts from rawstory is a racial story.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:29 pm

eddie wrote:By the by, almost everything didge posts from rawstory is a racial story.

I have posted countless on religion, in fact more from raw story on religion Eddie
Check for yourself on US news stories and social.
Considering a post a wide range of topics, I find that poor Eddie to say the least to even claim.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:32 pm

I wonder why the headline didn't just say...

WATCH: NYPD officers beat young black man who had his hands up over pizza he didn’t steal
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next