NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political Journo Trolls Bookies

2 posters

Go down

Political Journo Trolls Bookies  Empty Political Journo Trolls Bookies

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:29 am

Political Journo Trolls Bookies  1467593938187
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/federal-election-2016/federal-election-2016-laurie-oakes-ties-up-bookies-with-multicoloured-offering-20160703-gpxhr0.html

The Canberra veteran raised eyebrows during the course of Nine's election coverage because he kept changing his ties.

It even started to trend on social media.

The political journalist didn't make any reference to his ties until late into the program when he revealed what had been going on.

It had all started when Sportsbet announced it was running a book on what colour tie the political commentator would be wearing during Nine's election program.

"All I can tell you is that I am the punters' friend. Sportsbet ran a book on what colour tie I'd wear tonight and the six choices were gold, red, blue, black, green and any other colour," the politics reporter said.

Sportsbet later issued a statement saying that when the political editor appeared at the start of the program wearing a red tie - which was the $2.00 favourite - the team at Sportsbet were patting themselves on the back thinking they had got it right.

Five tie changes later and they realised they'd been had been out-manouvred by the wily journalist.

"Malcolm Turnbull might not be a winner tonight and Bill Shorten might not be a winner but there are a lot of winners here and I am very pleased about that," said Mr Oakes.

Brilliant, Good on him finding away to stick it to the bookies for a change Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message