NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Baby Face Plants Into The Pool And Mom Doesn't Do A Thing

4 posters

Go down

This Baby Face Plants Into The Pool And Mom Doesn't Do A Thing  Empty This Baby Face Plants Into The Pool And Mom Doesn't Do A Thing

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:37 pm

That's because she doesn't have to.
This video is a demonstration of Infant Swimming Resource. It's a great program if you have a pool at your home. Certified instructors teach babies and young children how to roll over on their backs and float if they ever fall into the water alone.

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/4636/This-Baby-Face-Plants-Into-The-Pool-And-Mom-Doesn-t-Do-A-Thing#EP57UbQPlpaSbfMB.99

I can certainly understand the necessity to teach a baby, to roll over if tehy fall in the water, but she certainly did not sound all that comfortable about it.
Left me in two minds this, as part of me wanted to go in and pick her up to reassure her

Back to top Go down

This Baby Face Plants Into The Pool And Mom Doesn't Do A Thing  Empty Re: This Baby Face Plants Into The Pool And Mom Doesn't Do A Thing

Post by eddie Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:09 pm

I did a thread about this a while back and I think it's absolutely brilliant. They teach children from newborn in some Mediterranean countries.

It's vital in USA as they have lots of houses with pools.

I did enquire if they ran these courses in the UK but was told they didn't.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

This Baby Face Plants Into The Pool And Mom Doesn't Do A Thing  Empty Re: This Baby Face Plants Into The Pool And Mom Doesn't Do A Thing

Post by Syl Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:14 pm

It's a myth that new born and very young babies can swim...they often do flip over and float though, like the gorgeous baby in the OP..

I still think it's imperative that when a baby gets a little older they have proper swimming lessons...floating isn't swimming.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Just do what my dad did when I was about 3, walk me out into the Irish sea and throw me near some jelly fish, Believe me, I have never swam so fast in all my life dogdie paddle. As harsh as it sounds, I went onto beome a very good swimmer and still love swimming. So I get the part about teaching which I back, its just that baby girl certainly did not see comfortable and did not think it required leaving her for so long

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Syl wrote:It's a myth that new born and very young babies can swim...they often do flip over and float though, like the gorgeous baby in the OP..

I still think it's imperative that when a baby gets a little older they have proper swimming lessons...floating isn't swimming.

Yes Syl I agree about swimming lessons - though I taught both of mine, as my dad taught me.

This is a life saver though. It teaches young babies and toddlers to simply float in their backs until help comes. It has saved so many lives!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Yes....anything that can save a babies life is invaluable.

I hate to say it....but is there any reason other than neglect that a very young child would be in danger of drowning?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:22 pm

Syl wrote:Yes....anything that can save a babies life is invaluable.

I hate to say it....but is there any reason other than neglect that a very young child would be in danger of drowning?

Well, I guess that's a way if looking at it...accidents happen I suppose?
If it were me I'd have the pool covered over unless it was being used.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:37 pm

you can learn to swim and walk at the same time. i dont remeber learning to swim cause I was so young.
and that is not uncommon in Australia
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:59 am

Pffft... My girls were swimming by age 2. My oldest and I used to have contests how long you could stay under.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down