NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK

+6
veya_victaous
HoratioTarr
Raggamuffin
eddie
Miffs2
Victorismyhero
10 posters

Go down

Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Empty Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:04 pm

The hastily arranged meeting begins with a defiant message from Germany that the UK's shock vote will not destroy the EU.

The six founding members of the European Union are meeting in Berlin to discuss Brexit - and the UK has not been invited.
The hastily arranged meeting began with a defiant message from Germany that the UK's shock vote will not destroy the EU.
German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier vowed they "won't let anyone take Europe from us" but admitted people throughout the continent deserved better solutions to problems such as unemployment, the refugee crisis and terror.
He said: "The shock of the vote is still sitting deep.
"It's totally clear that in times like these one should neither be hysterical nor fall into paralysis.

"After the British decision, we must also not allow ourselves to lapse into inaction. The change that is taking place is necessary and I am certain that the 27 states will defend this Europe, with a strong will to also make this post-British-decision Europe stronger. 
"It's obvious there's areas in which Europe has to provide solutions, that its people are asking questions about, that's the refugees and migration crises - where we in Europe owe some answers."
Also present are the foreign ministers of France, Netherlands, Italy, Belgium and Luxembourg.
Germany stressed the meeting was not "an exclusive format" and that other discussions were taking place among members of what is set to become a 27-nation bloc.
Mr Steinmeier's claim that the EU would survive the UK's departure contradicts a German government paper that outlines fears that France, Austria, Finland, Netherlands and Hungary may follow.
1/9
[list=gallery__list]
[*]Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Aus-white-1-589x442

[*]Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK New-yorker-white-1-589x442
Gallery: How World Papers Saw Brexit Vote
[*]Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Daily-news-white-1-589x442

[*]Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Lib-white-1-589x442

[*]Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Ad-white-1-589x442

[*]Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Aus-white-1-589x442

[*]Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK New-yorker-white-1-589x442
Gallery: How World Papers Saw Brexit Vote
[/list]

The meeting comes after European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker said there was no reason to wait until David Cameron was replaced in October to begin negotiating the UK exit.
The Prime Minister announced yesterday he would leave it to his successor to invoke Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty.
The article begins the two-year process of negotiating a new trade relationship with the UK's former partners.
EU leaders will open a two-day Brussels summit on the crisis on Tuesday.

http://news.sky.com/story/1717373/top-eu-nations-begin-brexit-talks-without-uk

Our Government are acting like we have all the time in the world.  They might find they are completely wrong.

Back to top Go down

Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Empty Re: Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:46 pm

Perhaps our Government should get off their butts and come up with some ideas?

Back to top Go down

Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Empty Re: Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:08 pm

over the weekend ffs???

somebody would think this is important.... Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Actually it spells that these nations, that have met now are very concerned at the very continued existance of the EU. As when an exit has been found, that allows one to leave, you can be fairly sure that over the next decade some more will follow.
I can see Greece leaving

It reallly shows that this has been more than anything a vote of no confidence in the EU itself

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:12 pm

Lord Foul wrote:over the weekend ffs???

somebody would think this is important.... Rolling Eyes
Don't they know the football is on?!  Rolling Eyes
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:29 am

Am I missing something? scratch
Was the EU here before "time began"? Do we still get oxygen now we've asked to, please leave?

Hands up: who thinks we, and other possible "exits" are being 'subtly' bullied here into believing some propaganda?
Who thinks the EU Bigwigs are worried about the plight of other European countries or only about their own jobs/pockets/future/fat bellies?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:32 am

I think that the situation in the EU will be interesting. There may well be moves in some countries to also leave if the citizens feel the same way that many Brits felt. I'm not saying it would be a good or bad thing at this stage, but maybe questions should be asked about how much people are prepared to let the EU boss them around - and specifically Germany. Merkel caused a stir when she gave a green light to all those refugees/immigrants, and she never gave a thought to how much it would affect others. In fact, she took the view that they didn't do enough instead of understanding that she'd pissed them off.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:31 pm

I have no idea why eveyune thinks change is going to be so bad and terrible?
If the EU bigwigs fuck us over then our own government will have to step up to the plate.

If nothing ever changes then nothing changes and we need a change.
It is clearly not working for us and it seems other Europeans feel the same.

As a by note, I haven't met ONE non-English person, allowed to vote, who voted in!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Empty Always remember...

Post by eddie Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:34 pm

Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Image29
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:19 pm

eddie wrote:I have no idea why eveyune thinks change is going to be so bad and terrible?
If the EU bigwigs fuck us over then our own government will have to step up to the plate.

As a by note, I haven't met ONE non-English person, allowed to vote, who voted in!!

Exactly eddie. I wanted things to change, and I want our Government to stop hiding behind the EU. They need to stand up to them and go with the wishes of British citizens. If Merkel gives the UK a hard time, she should be reminded of the part she played in messing up Europe.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:20 pm

Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK 13256133_879641402145000_8961087544169245286_n
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:I have no idea why eveyune thinks change is going to be so bad and terrible?

Exactly eddie. I wanted things to change, and I want our Government to stop hiding behind the EU. They need to stand up to them and go with the wishes of British citizens. If Merkel gives the UK a hard time, she should be reminded of the part she played in messing up Europe.

She did indeed. I wonder how long it will take her to own her stupidity.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:23 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK 13256133_879641402145000_8961087544169245286_n

Now that's inspirational!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:23 pm

[quote="eddie"]I have no idea why eveyune thinks change is going to be so bad and terrible?

As a by note, I haven't met ONE non-English person, allowed to vote, who voted in!! [/quote]

It isn't. Sometimes, it just needs to be done. Or sometimes, fate steps in and makes it so.
Some people just need an excuse, any excuse, to start negativity and trouble and strife.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:23 pm

as to the OP

just lately sassy's dumbness knows no bounds....

these meetings WITHOUT Britain are precicely what is mandated in the case of an article 50 withdrawl

jesus......go read the article 50...and its rules ffs
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:26 pm

if the EU bigwigs start pissing about I think they may be in for a bit of internal dissent....germany for one DOES NOT want an acrimonious "divorce"
In fact germany is actually being about the only sensible "big hitter" in the place....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:31 pm

As to trade outside the EU

someone correct me if I'm wrong (and dont get squished in the rush) BUT

if we buy something from outside te EU...

say tea from china

there is an EU tarrif on it isnt there which goes to the EU coffers????

couldnt we just therfore offer them the same price we pay and let THEM have the "tarrif" or even split it 50-50
with them...

thus increasing their profit margin and decreasing our cost???

anyone????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK 13256133_879641402145000_8961087544169245286_n

Now that's inspirational!

In my experience, it's always been true. It's like burning back old scrub brush to allow the new shoots to get through and thrive. Things will calm down and find their own level.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:10 pm

Canada and Australia prime ministers have said they are in a race to see who cans do a deal with uk outside the eu first!!!

So much for our demise eh doom mongers...!?

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:56 pm

Like the crumbling tower.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:03 pm

Lord Foul wrote:As to trade outside the EU
say tea from china
couldnt we just therfore offer them the same price we pay and let THEM have the "tarrif" or even split it 50-50
with them...

anyone????
Not a bad idea ...but for one thing - how would you keep that a secret price from those other getting hit with the higher tariff's/EU pricing?

That's a very slippery slope and rather the very reason that the entire EU block pricing/ export/import/labor treaties were negotiated to start with.   No

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:13 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:As to trade outside the EU
say tea from china
with them...

anyone????
Not a bad idea ...but for one thing - how would you keep that a secret price from those other getting hit with the higher tariff's/EU pricing?

why would we want to...surely that would encourage them to trade with us??
surely this is the point of an "open market" you negotiate your own trade deals?

That's a very slippery slope and rather the very reason that the entire EU block pricing/ export/import/labor treaties were negotiated to start with.   No
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:16 pm

We can trade with others without being run by them...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
We can trade with others without being run by them...

keep telling your self that dear Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

the bigger always ends up having sway Wink

you got to get used to being a mid sized fish that's all alone, now you left the EU.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Canada and Australia prime ministers have said they are in a race to see who cans do a deal with uk outside the eu first!!!

So much for our demise eh doom mongers...!?

lol!

LOL that is your doom fool
we are trying to get our wolves in
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
we want first picking from the UK carcass
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:09 pm

what you got that we want veya.....owt juicy?

! we dont want any kangaroo meat...we growin our own!!
have your sheep improved in flavour (oh ang on thats NZ)
and you are welcome to keep

your insects
reptiles (inc Abbot and Murdoch)
snakes
and other assorted venemous nasties
(eddie will just nuke you from orbit you if you send any spiders...)
barbies
your idea of lager
or beer

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:49 pm

sassy wrote:Perhaps our Government should get off their butts and come up with some ideas?

Haha...they are out of ideas.  They had this one temper tantram, and now it's holy fook...waddwe do now?

Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Well_done

Oh, an incidentally...your government is missing.  Cool

Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Hitchhiker_all

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:01 am

Lord Foul wrote:what you got that we want veya.....owt juicy?

! we dont want any kangaroo meat...we growin our own!!
have your sheep improved in flavour (oh ang on thats NZ)
and you are welcome to keep

your insects
reptiles (inc Abbot and Murdoch)
snakes
and other assorted venemous nasties
(eddie will just nuke you from orbit you if you send any spiders...)
barbies
your idea of lager
or beer

What do you want to sell us is the question Cool
and what can we make you buy in retern.
And IF we can force you to remove the tariffs on our Beef and Lamb then we can put every farm in the Uk out of business Twisted Evil
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:11 am

so...actually what you are saying is....you havnt actually got anything....

your meats...nah thats 70's stuff

we no longer find meat thats been hanging around in a freezer for 18 months before landing here an attractive idea
fresh from the farm shop ...way below supermarket prices is the new thing....of course ...you will in fact be putting your friends the scots out of business....and the welsh.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:25 am

If you ain't got anything to sell us and we ain't got anything to sell you then what does it matter to you whether we are in or out of eu anyway...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:08 am

Lord Foul wrote:so...actually what you are saying is....you havnt actually got anything....

your meats...nah thats 70's stuff

we no longer find meat thats been hanging around in a freezer for 18 months before landing here an attractive idea
fresh from the farm shop ...way below supermarket prices is the new thing....of course ...you will in fact be putting your friends the scots out of business....and the welsh.....

lol you have a 100% tarriff on our agriculture for a reason Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
you nor anyone in europe can compete with us, we have economies of scale on our side, being Price even at half your price, we can even sell for a loss to kill competion since we have profitable markets through out asia and the middle east.

We were taugh the Hard way, we had some of our industries killed, and learnt how to kill someone else's.
Funny thing is Tommy and the like will probably think it is victory to have, to see the price of living drop with these cheaper imports.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:13 am

Might work out better for us to just keep more of our high quality home produce...

We used to export fish before eu took control of our waters and gave rights away to others... who then sold us our own fish...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:44 am

and you are going to lose more control of the waters, if scotland goes EU then you will lose most fo them. (scotland gives the geographic excuse to include them itn eh EU economic Zone, they are bigger and can force their decision)
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:07 am

You make a great point HT.  As does eds.

Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Image29

This is the wake up call that the voters in Scotland needed.  What is England going to do if Scotland simply sends a letter of resignation?  

Send an aircraft carrier?  The Ark Royal and Illustrious are scrap metal.  Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Scotland want to be in the UK more than they want to be in the eu...

Over 2 million voted in the UK.

Only 1.6 voted in the eu.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:57 pm

Or as we say round here..."When one door closes another one opens". cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:41 pm

It's like the falling tower of the tarot deck (based loosely on the Z Tower of Babel)
You must smash it down to rebuild it.

Look what it's doing to our politician! It's getting rid of that which is useless. Mix up up, shake it about and seperate the wheat from the shit.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:15 pm

Have you seen the pictures of the EU building and how much it looks like the tower of babel...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:52 pm

None of you yanks or Aussies have ever answered my posts when I said you have continual said that the Brits are just an insignificant little island who have no effect on world economies. You not saying that now are you? Veya? Quill? Ben? Wolfie? You do make I laugh.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Have you seen the pictures of the EU building and how much it looks like the tower of babel...?

No??'
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:00 pm

how would you knw what the original looked like??? Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK 265384880
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:00 pm

Wow yes. I never realised that before!!

Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Image33

Top EU Nations Begin Brexit Talks - Without UK Image34
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:01 pm

erm????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:01 pm

when were those paintings done???

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:14 pm

Don't know
I can try and find out
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:15 pm

Here Vic this is pretty funny and where the pic must originate from

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/End%20of%20the%20World/seat_666.htm
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down