NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means

5 posters

Go down

Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means Empty Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:20 pm

By a 52-48 percent margin, the popular vote in the United Kingdom last night moved to detach the country from the European Union.

It's been a momentous event, building up for months with anticipation and anxiety domestically and abroad, marked by bitter campaigning, sharp regional disagreements and the murder of an anti-"Brexit" member of Parliament, Jo Cox.

Supporters of leaving the EU celebrate at a party hosted by Leave.EU in central London as they watch results come in from around the country after Thursday's EU referendum.

But if you judge a country's interests only by prevalent Google searches, it was after the polls closed when British voters started to think seriously about the implications of their choice.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/06/24/480949383/britains-google-searches-for-what-is-the-eu-spike-after-brexit-vote

Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means 3489511464 Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means 3489511464 Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means 3489511464
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means Empty Re: Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:23 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
By a 52-48 percent margin, the popular vote in the United Kingdom last night moved to detach the country from the European Union.

It's been a momentous event, building up for months with anticipation and anxiety domestically and abroad, marked by bitter campaigning, sharp regional disagreements and the murder of an anti-"Brexit" member of Parliament, Jo Cox.

Supporters of leaving the EU celebrate at a party hosted by Leave.EU in central London as they watch results come in from around the country after Thursday's EU referendum.

But if you judge a country's interests only by prevalent Google searches, it was after the polls closed when British voters started to think seriously about the implications of their choice.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2016/06/24/480949383/britains-google-searches-for-what-is-the-eu-spike-after-brexit-vote

Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means 3489511464 Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means 3489511464 Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means 3489511464

There have been a lot of people on Radio 5 phone ins today who have quite literally said 'I voted leave but I didn't think it would happen, now what are we going to do!   Fuck me, shit for brains doesn't begin to cover it.

Back to top Go down

Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means Empty Re: Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means

Post by eddie Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:26 pm

Hilarious Ben. I like that we can all laugh at us.
If this was Africa and we were black people - I'll bet none of you would dream of ridiculing, piss-taking or being so fucking negative.
Britain is a joke isn't it?

Enjoy yourselves.
I'm off to just live my life in the present and be happy that something has shifted and I'll welcome the change whatever happens and I'll be ok thanks.

I'll live with my present.

That's my gift to you.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:18 am

Just goes to demonstrate the level of intelligence of many voters Ben. Kind of a sad argument against referendums overall.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:24 am

We will now face a whitewash of media bullshit about how stupid/racist/xenaphobic everyone who voted out is...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:28 am

It must be sad having the truth thrown in your face tommy, at least in your case.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:31 am

You know what, I apologise for that tommy. I'm just angry, really angry. But I shouldn't get insulting.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:36 am

The media waffle and then the call for a second referendum to get 'the right answer'...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:40 am

Well since two major lies have already been confessed to, on the NHS and immigration, a second referendum wouldn't be uncalled for.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:42 am

And it begins...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:44 am

You think winning on two major falsehoods is ok? I bet millions of those who voted leave did so based on 'we could spend £350 million on the NHS!' and promises to slash immigration. Certainly enough to swing the vote. And hours after results are in we hear those promises were inaccurate. Blatant, unashamed liars.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:53 am

It's about regaining control over the money and our immigration...

Then the British people can decide through democratic powers over these things through our elected representatives in our national parliament!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:09 am

For many those two issues were decisive. Therefore the vote was won on a huge lie. That makes a mockery of democracy.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:12 am

Bullshit!!!

Go get some more tissues to dry your eyes...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:14 am

Of course you aren't going to accept it, you were feeding those lies. You are part of the problem.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:19 am

Tommy Monk wrote:It's about regaining control over the money and our immigration...

Then the British people can decide through democratic powers over these things through our elected representatives in our national parliament!!!

See above!

The lies were all from the Remainians!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:24 am

So can you show me where it is claimed the £350 million WILL be spent on the NHS? I want to believe in a positive future for my country, tommy, give me reason to believe people weren't lied to.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:27 am

You are making the claim... you show us!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:27 am

Eilzel wrote:You think winning on two major falsehoods is ok? I bet millions of those who voted leave did so based on 'we could spend £350 million on the NHS!' and promises to slash immigration. Certainly enough to swing the vote. And hours after results are in we hear those promises were inaccurate. Blatant, unashamed liars.
IRONIC - AMUSING - and obviously what more then just a few of those obsessed with wanting 'OUT' of the EU around here couldn't see ...how easily they were being manipulated and led like sheeple! 

Yet, and 'YET' ...these same few around here spent days upon DAYS picking over images: 'isn't that pixel definitive of a faked image - hasn't that image been photo-chopped - that elbow can't be real, look how it's dimpled/bent and not like mine' ...
Or even better was the unfortunate dude that had his Jeep kick out of park and smash his head & chest against his brick gate post & metal gate - Tommykins delved into that like there was so much value in a conspiracy theory that would garner him actual mega-bucks if he could just prove that!
'The camera tripod was standing a false angle, the gate was photo graphed wrong - that he had a video clip of some dude rolling out of a CAR' - all in an effort to prove his ability to nit-pick the falsehood out of a story line and get to the TRUTH HIDDEN BENEATH! 
And Tommykins ...doesn't bat an eye at the utter BS that he was spoon-fed by the lying people he so placed his valued votes upon for getting 'OUT' of the EU; and now he's going to ASSume that they will honor what other words they stated to obtain those votes! Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means 3489511464

Sadly, our Tommykins is just a splinter of the huge number of sheeple that were led to the slaughter for that vote and will be asking themselves for years afterwards - WTF was I thinking! Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means 265384880  
Too bad that the ability to 'VOTE' isn't treated in the same weighted regard as a possible conspiracy theory photo - HUH?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:32 am

Conflating issues a little bit aren't you...?

And I think you'll find that sassy's photoshop fake pictures and story were the things being used to manipulate the electorate...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:02 am

Eilzel wrote:Just goes to demonstrate the level of intelligence of many voters Ben. Kind of a sad argument against referendums overall.

skynet is sounding more appealing isn't it Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means Terminator007
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:10 am

Eilzel wrote:Well since two major lies have already been confessed to, on the NHS and immigration, a second referendum wouldn't be uncalled for.

Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means JCCCnSf
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:14 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Conflating conflicting issues a little bit aren't you...?

And I think you'll find that sassy's photoshop fake pictures and story were the things being used to manipulate the electorate...
No, I was trying to get you to see how you will 'NIT-PICK' a utterly stupid photo that will mean absolutely nothing to you in the grand scheme of your life to the 9th degree and yet ...you'll be led around by your nose by the very cretin politicians that do such things because you are so gullible ... Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means 2396444674

ERGO, you'll believe those lies and go F'n Nuts about a What-If in a photo that has nothing to do with you personally!    Post-Brexit, Britons bone up on what the EU is and what Brexit means 2190311264

But that's OKay - DOKay ...it's your bubble world Tommykins ...I'm just watching you struggle with the confusion of the real world from way over here in America! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:43 pm

Waffle...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down