NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next PM?

+13
Raggamuffin
'Wolfie
veya_victaous
Tommy Monk
Victorismyhero
Irn Bru
The Devil, You Know
Syl
Miffs2
nicko
Major
eddie
Original Quill
17 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Next PM? - Page 3 Empty Next PM?

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

So Cameron has stepped down. Who's next? Next PM? - Page 3 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Next PM? - Page 3 Empty Re: Next PM?

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:44 am

eddie wrote:Dean I've pmd you
surely you could have waited until our daily briefing meeting.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:46 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Syl wrote:

Wasn't it him who plundered pension pots? I know millions of people (including us) suddenly saw their private pensions diminished because of him.

Hi Syl. No, that's just Tory propaganda and it cerainly was not Gordom Brown.

You should read this and so should everyone else who believes that.

We used to have a pension system that was the envy of the rest of the world. This system is now crumbling and companies are moving away from final salary occupational pension provision. Not only this, but many thousands of people, who thought they had a 'guaranteed' pension and had been relying on their employer's pension promise, have suddenly found that this pension has disappeared.
The Press have been trying to blame Gordon Brown's removal of Advanced Corporation Tax (ACT) relief in 1997 for the problems, but this is simply not true.

http://www.rosaltmann.com/whathashappened.htm
coincidence thriving pension system envy of the world when labour took over, after browns raid pensioners in misery. You will be saying he didn't give then a derisory rise in the state pension next.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:48 am

Original Quill wrote:
The Devil, You Know wrote:
the obvious choice is Boris, however I would love to see Jacob Reees-Mogg throw his hat in the ring. the man is articulate, knowledgeable and a thoroughly decent egg. The added bonus is he's an eton man so would doubly get up the nose of the left.

Osbourne is out of the race. Mrs May talked the talk, but when push came to shove she couldn't walk the walk and probably wont make it.
I have enjoyed watching micheal gove, the added bonus there is he is hated by eh left, so that must be a plus point for hom and mean he is doing things right.

But I think boris will steamroller his way to the top. I like him, he certainly isn't the idiot he is portrayed as. I saw him make a speech at veterans day in Trafalgar square in 08 I think and I was impressed with his passion and the crowd loved him. Being elected mayor twice in a solid labour city like london is no mean feat and could be repeated if he became PM. Although with #JihadiJEz as labour leader the tories could probably run with the corpse of Jimmy saville as leader and still romp home.

He's so recently on the national scene that we in America don't know that much about him.  I will say this, never underestimate a born New Yorker.  They may talk funny, but in the head they are a cut or two above everyone else.  They think fast...have to, to get out of the way of the cars. Razz
boris has been around for quite a while.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:49 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
yes he needs to british.

Idea

JULIA GILLARD for Leader of the British Labour Party...

AND next Prime Minister for England, Wales and the Falkland Islands..
(She woz born in Wales..).          cheers
you do understand what british means dont you?
probably not.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:

He's so recently on the national scene that we in America don't know that much about him.  I will say this, never underestimate a born New Yorker.  They may talk funny, but in the head they are a cut or two above everyone else.  They think fast...have to, to get out of the way of the cars. Razz

Yes, but mayor of London. Meh...

I've kinda watched him out of the corner of my eye. But never really recorded much.

Fill me in...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:58 am

Original Quill wrote:
the obvious choice is Boris, however I would love to see Jacob Reees-Mogg throw his hat in the ring. the man is articulate, knowledgeable and a thoroughly decent egg. The added bonus is he's an eton man so would doubly get up the nose of the left.

Osbourne is out of the race. Mrs May talked the talk, but when push came to shove she couldn't walk the walk and probably wont make it.
I have enjoyed watching micheal gove, the added bonus there is he is hated by eh left, so that must be a plus point for hom and mean he is doing things right.

But I think boris will steamroller his way to the top. I like him, he certainly isn't the idiot he is portrayed as. I saw him make a speech at veterans day in Trafalgar square in 08 I think and I was impressed with his passion and the crowd loved him. Being elected mayor twice in a solid labour city like london is no mean feat and could be repeated if he became PM. Although with #JihadiJEz as labour leader the tories could probably run with the corpse of Jimmy saville as leader and still romp home.

He has and his most obvious contribution in government was being ordered to go to Liverpool and apologise for the way he looked down on the city and its population.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:18 am

That's nothing to the death and destruction your friends Blair and brown are responsible for...!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:26 am

Tommy Monk wrote:That's nothing to the death and destruction your friends Blair and brown are responsible for...!!!

What was Brown responsible for? Couldn't possibly any worse that what these clowns have done. We had a referendum to settle and argument in the Tory Party and Dave lost. Now the country is rudderless with no one at the helm as we journey into the unknown.

Boris is already backtracking and llooking for a way out to not have to trigger Article 50 himself. Dave stiched him up in a final act of defiance by not doing it himself and Boris is bottling it.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:33 am

well one things for sure the next pm aint going to be labour....nor the one after ...or the one after that.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:40 am

Brown... traitor... Lisbon treaty...

None of the British people ever gave him permission to sign our country away...

And Cameron tried to bullshit us into staying in...

Aren't they both Scottish...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:25 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
yes he needs to british.

Idea

JULIA GILLARD for Leader of the British Labour Party...

AND next Prime Minister for England, Wales and the Falkland Islands..
(She woz born in Wales..).          cheers
you do understand what british means dont you?
probably not.

Yeah that despite the xynophobic cowards She is Still elligable to be British

But She's too good for you lot

send Abbot I say, he's get on much better surrounded by dimwitted racists
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:52 am

Next PM? - Page 3 2035286543

WHAT SOME of those thicko's like li'l old Dean choose to ignore, is that a lot of Brit's who emigrated out to the "colonies" kept their British citizenship after taking on citizenship here; and can still get a British passport simply by applying through their closest embassy (Canberra) or consulate (Sydney, Melbourne..).

OR MAYBE, Deano doesn't consider Wales to be part of the U.K. ? Much the same as some of his equally loony US counterparts are trying to claim that Hawaii isn't really an American state.. Next PM? - Page 3 2088947957
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:05 am

Irn Bru wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
That's nothing to the death and destruction your friends Blair and brown are responsible for...!!!

What was Brown responsible for? Couldn't possibly any worse that what these clowns have done. We had a referendum to settle and argument in the Tory Party and Dave lost. Now the country is rudderless with no one at the helm as we journey into the unknown.

Boris is already backtracking and llooking for a way out to not have to trigger Article 50 himself. Dave stiched him up in a final act of defiance by not doing it himself and Boris is bottling it.

Laughing

YOU HAVE to love the way that Tommy, Dean and company keep on trying to blame Blair and Brown for the decisions that Thatcher put in place.

THEY attack welfare recipients for receiving "their" money, Blair for invading Iraq -- yet happily ignore Thatcher's handouts and tax breaks for big business while screwing over small business and nobbling the workers, and then using other peoples' money to pick a fight with Argentina..

CONTINUING to blame "immigrants" for all their woes, all the while ignoring that all Brits are descended from Immigrants !
I doubt there's even one clear and rational thinker among that whacky little bunch..             Next PM? - Page 3 3758365944
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Bullshit... blaming Blair and brown for what they did.

Nothing to do with benefits... and Blair did invade Iraq and Afghanistan... again nothing to do with Thatcher... and Argentina invaded British territory.

Mass immigration is skewing our economy vastly out of shape.

The cost of living has risen massively although wages have also been suppressed...public services are overloaded and at breaking point!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:29 pm

Syl wrote:I liked Andrea Leadsom who was on the 'Leave' side alongside Boris Johnson on the lastTV  referendum debate.

Next PM? - Page 3 ANDREA_LEADSOM

She is the MP for S Northamptonshire, is the minister of state for energy at the dep for energy and climate change and has also held the post of economic secretary to the treasury.

Never heard of her before this debate...but she was impressive imo.

I have no idea who will step into the ring to vie for the position to be  the next PM.

Andrea Leadsom is now standing, not sure if she has enough experience to be the next PM, but she must have a better chance than Boris.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:42 pm

She looks natural and has a soft edge. She looks likeable just in that photo alone, but I bet she won't be elected.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:46 pm

On the last TV debate before the vote, (she was with Boris Johnson on the leave panel) she came across as very likeable, unruffled, and she answered every question without the usual tactic of avoidance.

She is probably less well known than the other candidates that are now coming forwards, but as both parties are in such a state at the minute...anything could happen.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:55 pm

Oh that's her!! Of course. I thought I knew her - yes I saw her on the debate and she stood out for me actually, I mentioned it to a couple of people.
It wasn't what she said but how she carried herself: calm, unruffled yet confident in a quiet way that didn't seem like posturing - I hate that in politicians.

She reminded me a little of Nick Clegg; he was very like that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:59 pm

It's a shame the vote wont go to the public...I might have broken the habit of a lifetime and voted for a conservative. Embarassed
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Hahahahaha I think she'd make a good leader.

Here's some info:

[snipped]

In July 2012, during the Libor scandal, she was widely reported on for her effectiveness at getting to the bottom of the scale of the mismanagement of risk in banks during the Treasury Committee's questioning of Bob Diamond.[10] At a subsequent hearing with the Bank of England she also questioned Paul Tucker who confirmed that the previous government had not conspired with the Bank to fix rates. In a BBC interview, Leadsom stated that the suggestion "has now been completely squashed by Paul Tucker", and that on that specific point, George Osborne, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, might want to apologise to Ed Balls for "suggesting he was implicated in rate fixing", although she also pointed out that Balls "still has a huge amount to answer for in relation to the scandal and his time in office".[11]

Leadsom was one of five MPs to abstain from the Government's Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill by voting in both lobbies.[12] Leadsom had earlier said she found the wording of the legislation “unacceptable”, and that voting no reflected the views of “so many” of her constituents, who felt that the bill was “deeply wrong”,[13] but ultimately chose to abstain, saying "I find myself genuinely torn... I cannot vote against a measure that would mean so much to the minority of homosexual couples for whom marriage is the ultimate recognition for their genuine feelings for each other. Yet nor can I vote for a measure that risks centuries of faith-based belief in marriage."

Leadsom was a founder and leader of the Fresh Start Project seeking reform of the UK's relationship with the European Union.

Leadsom was re-elected as MP for South Northamptonshire on 7 May 2015 with 36,607 votes, compared to her nearest rival Lucy Mills (Labour), with 10,191 votes. On 11 May 2015, Leadsom was moved from Economic Secretary to the Treasury, to Minister of State at the Department of Energy and Climate Change.

In the BBC's 2-hour televised debate on the EU referendum, Leadsom appeared on the "Leave" panel, along with Gisela Stuart and Boris Johnson.[14] Immediately following the referendum vote on 23rd June 2016 for Britain to leave the EU, David Cameron announced that he would resign as Prime Minister by October. Soon Leadsom emerged as an early favourite with the bookies to become the next Prime Minister, and was also strongly linked with a possible role as Chancellor.[15]
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:03 pm

We didn't pick a fight with Argentina, they invaded British territory.

We took it back, so suck it up loser.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:05 pm

She has a pretty good record, and she sticks to her guns too.
I didn't know she was an early favourite to step into Camerons shoes, I thought she would have been a long shot.

Maybe she has more of a chance than we think eh?

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:07 pm

Syl wrote:She has a pretty good record, and she sticks to her guns too.
I didn't know she was an early favourite to step into Camerons shoes, I thought she would have been a long shot.

Maybe she has more of a chance than we think eh?

Hmmm I've read one article calling her an "early favourite" and another "an outsider"
So who knows? Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:10 pm

It's politics Eddie.....black is white and white is black so we have to make our own minds up. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:13 pm

Syl wrote:It's politics Eddie.....black is white and white is black so we have to make our own minds up. Laughing

Yes indeed and sift through the lies that they sprinkle like fine white cocaine...I mean, flour.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:19 pm

Hmmm, wonder if those ugly rioters outside his door step - daily was one of the reason's he had for changing his mind; sure the death of the lady MP had to have proven that even the English aren't past getting assassinated by some 'wing nut' - crazies every where and she didn't have the ugly crowds waiting for her departure and arrival, daily! Mad

WORLDPOST

Brexit Leader Boris Johnson Rules Out Bid To Be Next British Prime Minister

The former London mayor was tipped to replace the outgoing leader David Cameron.

06/30/2016 07:06 am ET | Updated 15 minutes ago  

Next PM? - Page 3 Partner-reuters-e1ea574e027425f2bbc49b1e1c79119b 
Kylie MacLellan and Elizabeth Piper

Next PM? - Page 3 57750716150000ed026c9022
Toby Melville / Reuters
Vote Leave campaign leader, Boris Johnson, reacts as he delivers a speech in London, Britain on June 30, 2016.

LONDON, June 30 (Reuters) - Former London mayor Boris Johnson abruptly pulled out of the race to become Britain’s next prime minister on Thursday, in a shock move that upturned a political order shaken by last week’s vote to leave the European Union.
Johnson, whose support for the campaign to leave the EU was widely considered one of the decisive factors in the campaign, had been bookmakers’ runaway favorite to succeed David Cameron, who quit last week after failing to persuade British voters to stay in the bloc.
Johnson‘s unexpected departure from the race, announced just minutes before the party unveiled the list of candidates, shows the speed with which the political landscape is being reshaped.
“I must tell you, my friends, you who have waited faithfully for the punchline of this speech, that having consulted colleagues and in view of the circumstances in parliament, I have concluded that person cannot be me,” Johnson said at a news conference to audible gasps.
Cameron’s replacement will face tough talks with the EU to mend a broken relationship — balancing a desire to reduce immigration to Britain while trying to secure the economy by maintaining access to European markets.
Johnson‘s departure from the race followed swiftly after another leading ally in the pro-Brexit campaign, Justice Secretary Michael Gove, put himself forward as a candidate, saying he had withdrawn support for Johnson.
Gove will face off against Theresa May, the interior minister, who campaigned to remain in the EU, as well as other candidates for the ruling party’s leadership.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/brexit-leader-boris-johnson-rules-out-bid-to-be-next-british-pm_us_5774fc00e4b042fba1cf2e4e?section=

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:21 pm

Good Lord, well, although I'm thankful for that, the others aren't much better lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:23 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:It's politics Eddie.....black is white and white is black so we have to make our own minds up. Laughing

Yes indeed and sift through the lies that they sprinkle like fine white cocaine...I mean, flour.

LOL...have you been reading Majors other thread by any chance. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Referring to Osborne by any chance Eddie?  He's been filmed so often out of his skull and called a cokehead in the House of Commons, no idea how he gets away with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Boris has realised that people cannot stand him cheers
Finally.

Andrea Leadman for me.

Last edited by eddie on Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:10 pm

Andrea Leadsom for me too.

So Boris has stood down ...no doubt he is now trying to get the knife out of his back that Micheal Gove chucked.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:38 pm

Too bad about Boris. It would have been fun. A New Yorker in Westminster reminds me of that film King Ralph.

Or, maybe he's going to accept the VP nomination beside Trump. Donald looks mighty lonely all alone out there on the campaign trail.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:54 pm

Smile

SEEING Boris on the teev last night, I suspect he could have had the proverbial 'tap on the shoulder' from some of the Tories numbers men...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:57 pm

sassy wrote:Referring to Osborne by any chance Eddie?  He's been filmed so often out of his skull and called a cokehead in the House of Commons, no idea how he gets away with it.

Now he, is a nasty piece of work.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:44 pm

nicko wrote:We didn't pick a fight with Argentina,    they invaded British territory.

We took it back,     so suck it up loser.

That is correct nicko.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:07 pm

nicko wrote:We didn't pick a fight with Argentina,    they invaded British territory.

Nicko, FGS...you beat up on a third-world, bankrupt country over a guano-covered penguin sanctuary in the South Atlantic...all for that arrogant British pride.  Then you go and pull a ill-considered, reckless move like pulling out of the EU.

Y'all certainly don't have the hands of a surgeon.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:15 pm

So if the Mexicans took over one of your states you'd do nothing about it?
Read my post again, you must have the wrong glasses on!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:19 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Nicko, FGS...you beat up on a third-world, bankrupt country over a guano-covered penguin sanctuary in the South Atlantic...all for that arrogant British pride.  Then you go and pull a ill-considered, reckless move like pulling out of the EU.

Y'all certainly don't have the hands of a surgeon.

No, the Argies attacked our territory and tried to take it from the British residents. The UK defended them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:27 pm

nicko wrote:So if the Mexicans took over one of your states you'd do nothing about it?
Read my post again, you must have  the wrong glasses on!!

We play the markets and negotiate.  Sure, we had to kick the Spanish ass, but look at what we got for that risk...embarrassing, ain't it?  The Louisiana Purchase, Seward''s Icebox, the Gadson Purchase...all in playing the market.

Funny story about the Gadson Purchase--you know, that little wedge-shaped sliver at the bottom of Arizona that makes a dog-leg northwest abruptly.

Next PM? - Page 3 Data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,eJrLUIdEeYZmotUr3LOQMDVQZwWRnClAx_wf8AJRyqtG8cWX7KRaVdIOF3X3SXmcTLlhhRNFu5gYmDuaxGAqbsqzTX2nYOig2QfRSVsr12__dZUYEzZ5W8LlDwxvPsln8QwjXhi0B7zB87eNwAKs0gcxUti57OacRN2T1xDXCy33Mt1tjPWu65rNp9XsRRlHH_fVKWtn-dfS-bs

We bought that for railroad access from El Paso to Los Angeles.  But the Mexicans, for a few hundred-thousand more, offered the line to continue straight, to the west.  That would have given Arizona a seaport on the Sea of Cortez.  Think what ocean-front property in Southern Arizona would bring on today's market--like Miami Beach West.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:38 pm

"We play the markets and negotiate" well that's were we differ, we don't like to be pushed around and turn the other cheek, we fight for what we believe in, well we used to when we were lead by a government with some spine. IE, Mrs Thatcher.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:04 pm

nicko wrote:"We play the markets and negotiate"    well that's were we differ,  we don't like to be pushed around and turn the other cheek, we fight for what we believe in,  well we used to when we were lead by a government with some spine.     IE,    Mrs Thatcher.

That's the difference between you and us.  We already know we are the biggest dog on the block.  Because we don't have to prove it, it opens up all sorts of other options.

And um...nicko?  Hermes and Invincible wouldn't have even made it to the South Atlantic without US satellite intel.  Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:"We play the markets and negotiate"    well that's were we differ,  we don't like to be pushed around and turn the other cheek, we fight for what we believe in,  well we used to when we were lead by a government with some spine.     IE,    Mrs Thatcher.

That's the difference between you and us.  We already know we are the biggest dog on the block.  Because we don't have to prove it, it opens up all sorts of other options.

And um...nicko?  Hermes and Invincible wouldn't have even made it to the South Atlantic without US satellite intel.  Wink

You seem to do an awful lot of bragging considering the fact you "don't have to prove" anything Quill. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:03 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You seem to do an awful lot of bragging considering the fact you "don't have to prove" anything Quill. Razz  

Nice cheerleading, Syl. But try addressing the facts. The US is the most powerful nation not only now on earth, but that has ever been on earth. That gives some confidence so that we can ignore the loss of esteem issues that nicko was addressing.

We don't have to make a show of it. We know it. Now, I was enjoying the negotiation vs. force discussion we were having. Anything on that?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Nice cheerleading, Syl.  But try addressing the facts.  The US is the most powerful nation not only now on earth, but that has ever been on earth.  That gives some confidence so that we can ignore the loss of esteem issues that nicko was addressing.

We don't have to make a show of it.  We know it.  Now, I was enjoying the negotiation vs. force discussion we were having.  Anything on that?

You said I was cheerleading yesterday too just because I agree with someone elses posts and not yours... are you drinking the same brew as 4Ever?? Razz ...I have also given my own opinions throughout the various threads so it's an unfair remark.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:18 pm

Gee ...SLY, making coy references that the two Americans 'must be drinking' ...because we see your rejoinders in the same attitude - method - and mindset  
Next PM? - Page 3 2787774761 LAME pretty dam LAME!  
But thanks for dragging me into a topic that you clearly can't hold your own POV on! Next PM? - Page 3 202592697

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:19 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Nice cheerleading, Syl.  But try addressing the facts.  The US is the most powerful nation not only now on earth, but that has ever been on earth.  That gives some confidence so that we can ignore the loss of esteem issues that nicko was addressing.

We don't have to make a show of it.  We know it.  Now, I was enjoying the negotiation vs. force discussion we were having.  Anything on that?

You said I was cheerleading yesterday too just because I agree with someone elses posts and not yours...  are you drinking the same brew as 4Ever??  Razz ...I have also given my own opinions throughout the various threads  so it's an unfair remark.

Cheerleading is a term of art used by lawyers who find someone is not being critical in their thinking, but merely being wishful.  It's non-productive.  You have to consider the bad facts along with the good facts.

It is true that there is probably a correlation between cheerleading and the kind of tag-teaming you often engage in, but that is because both have motives other than getting at the truth.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:22 pm

Tag-teaming: agreeing with others about the actions of another member.

I guess we are all guilty of tag-teaming. All of us.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:32 pm

eddie wrote:Tag-teaming: agreeing with others about the actions of another member.

I don't have anybody to tag-team. I'm driven by totally independent thoughts. One minute I'm arguing that women cause a lot of spousal violence--a seeming RW opinion that arouses a lot of lefty ire--and then arguing that war in the middle east is idiotic and Palestinians are victims--which RW'rs despise me for. I'm always out on a limb by myself... Laughing

Ain't no palm to tag over here! Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:Tag-teaming: agreeing with others about the actions of another member.

I don't have anybody to tag-team.  I'm driven by totally independent thoughts.  One minute I'm arguing that women cause a lot of spousal violence--a seeming RW opinion that arouses a lot of lefty ire--and then arguing that war in the middle east is idiotic and Palestinians are victims--which RW'rs despise me for.  I'm always out on a limb by myself... Laughing  

Ain't no palm to tag over here!  Mad

Erm Quill? Most of us are individuals posters? I bet everyone here, would say the same.

We are all logged on alone quill. I'm not sat with Syl and Rags on a park bench sharing an ID whilst we drink cider and tag team other posters. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum