NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leave/Brexit - the Mass debate

+7
Ben Reilly
Major
Tommy Monk
eddie
nicko
HoratioTarr
Andy
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Leave/Brexit - the Mass debate - Page 2 Empty Leave/Brexit - the Mass debate

Post by Andy Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Anyone else think that Sadiq Khan was more passionate than he has ever been in thee past?

And wasn't Ruth Davidson impressive. bloody hell, if she was elected in place of Cameron, she might get my vote. A super performance and she shot every /brexit arguement down in flames.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Leave/Brexit - the Mass debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Leave/Brexit - the Mass debate

Post by nicko Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:01 pm

He is a traitor and a lying shit as well.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Leave/Brexit - the Mass debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Leave/Brexit - the Mass debate

Post by Andy Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:05 pm

nicko wrote:He is a traitor and a lying shit as well.
Are you referring to Cameron or Dean?
Frankly,they both are.
At last I have convinced you Nicko. I have said that all along -as per my signature at the bottom .
We have something we agree on.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 pm

referring TO Cameron Handy, saying if we stay in we can change the rules from the inside.

Total bollocks.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:17 pm

Voting out to oust Cameron and Osborne is a compelling enough reason to vote out. What does bring into question can the tories reunite sufficiently after overthrowing Cameron and his remain cronies to form a sustainable government.
I suspect not.
That being the case,could we see a GE by year's end?
Labour would prove to be a strong opponent as they have already indicated they are not wholly convinced by remaining, and to an extent might welcome a Brexit vote.
Corbyn has already stated he is only 70% for remaining. He has wriggle room.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:25 pm

The daily tabloids have certainly now made their opinions clear on who they support.
Mirror...Stay
Mail .Leave.

I suspect the press rather than the politicians will have the biggest influence on how millions vote.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:28 pm

Guardian - stay. Mail on Sunday stay (strangely) .
Times - undecided.
Daily Star - Ruth Davidson has great boobs.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:30 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Guardian - stay. Mail on Sunday stay (strangely) .
Times - undecided.

Is she an innie or an outy? or is it just her boobs she shows. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:31 pm

Most of the Murdoch editors will do what he tells them Otherwise they get replaced.
They don't have free speech in Murdoch 's world.
Is it any different to North Korea?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:33 pm

Syl wrote:
Handy Andy wrote:Guardian - stay. Mail on Sunday stay (strangely) .
Times - undecided.

She is an innie.
For a Tory, she is a formidable,passionate and impressive orator. A potential party leader in my eyes.
Her being gay may not sit comfortably with the senior members of the party., but I cannot see why.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Quick question. What if it is a virtual tie. 50/50 with only a handful of votes separating it. There is clearly not clear mandate to act on "the will of thepeople".
Is there a minimum vote differential?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:58 pm

Syl wrote:Is it true that even if the country votes overwhelmingly to leave, MP's can override this and we will stay in?

My prediction...no matter what the people vote, the result will declare IN.
Do I think the vote can be rigged....of course I do. Twisted Evil

Most people on here are absolutely against that type of thinking Syl
In their minds everything is true because they're told so. Razz

Btw I think this vote my be too big to be rigged.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:26 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I hear the younger Brits want to remain in the EU, while those who yearn for a nation with no "foreigners" want to leave, hoping it will roll back British history about 60 years.

Like I've said, there aren't any real "fiscal issues" voters. Fiscal issues get rolled into social issues, and the leave voters have some notion that leaving will make Britain what it once was (culturally homogeneous and pasty white). Ain't going to happen. As Madonna said, the only constant is change. I'll add that those who can't embrace and take advantage of change are evolutionarily extinct, whether they've realized it yet or not.

What a load of narrow-minded bollocks.
People who want to leave are "racist" that's the shit-stick used to beat people with, the die-hard argument that keeps being regurgitated.

Perhaps people want to see if things will improve? Because people ain't so happy at the moment.

This, I do agree with though, stay or leave:

I'll add that those who can't embrace and take advantage of change are evolutionarily extinct, whether they've realized it yet or not.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:42 pm

The media like to waffle bollocks about what we all think...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Dont include me in your royal 'we', Tom. We are polar opposites.
I will vote out, but soley to help sack those lying tory
arseholes Cameron and Osborne. Christ , I thought Thatcher and Major were shit,  this pillock exceeds them.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:44 pm

I care about my country and our democracy and our right to self rule and self determination... That's why I'm voting out... you can't see further than trying to stick it to the Torys...

If people vote remain then it won't natter who is in our govt soon...as all orders will come from the eu... the demands of the British electorate will be irrelevant...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:17 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Dont include me in your royal 'we', Tom. We are polar opposites.
I will vote out, but soley to help sack those lying tory
arseholes Cameron and Osborne. Christ , I thought Thatcher and Major were shit,  this pillock exceeds them.

You're vote is based on a dislike of a party of people?
Wow. That's a wasted reason to vote even if it's a vote, I agree with.

Last edited by eddie on Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:23 pm

Why do people think the Governement will collapse if people voite to leave?
People seem to have a short memmory of the Scottish referendum, where after it in fact got the SNP more seats.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:55 pm

All Handy wants to do is run down the Tories, [and Flap]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
Syl wrote:

She is an innie.
For a Tory, she is a formidable,passionate and impressive orator. A potential party leader in my eyes.
Her being gay may not sit comfortably with the senior members of the party., but I cannot see why.

I don't know her, I suppose the law of averages dictates that there must be SOME decent Tories....will google.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I hear the younger Brits want to remain in the EU, while those who yearn for a nation with no "foreigners" want to leave, hoping it will roll back British history about 60 years.

Like I've said, there aren't any real "fiscal issues" voters. Fiscal issues get rolled into social issues, and the leave voters have some notion that leaving will make Britain what it once was (culturally homogeneous and pasty white). Ain't going to happen. As Madonna said, the only constant is change. I'll add that those who can't embrace and take advantage of change are evolutionarily extinct, whether they've realized it yet or not.

People who want to leave are "racist" that's the shit-stick used to beat people with, the die-hard argument that keeps being regurgitated.

Perhaps people want to see if things will improve? Because people ain't so happy at the moment.

I'll add that those who can't embrace and take advantage of change are evolutionarily extinct, whether they've realized it yet or not.

So, the number-one issue driving the leave movement is immigration. Among Britons who say they're concerned about immigration, what percent would you estimate genuinely has no problem with immigrants as people, and are not worried that their version of British culture is dying out?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:02 pm

nicko wrote:All Handy wants to do is run down the Tories,  [and Flap]
That's because I think Labour will making a better fist of running a brexited Britain than the Bullingdon boys are and would.2
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:02 pm

Well my deed is now done.
Walked to the nearby polling booth and met more neighbours today than have done all year.
Stopped to chat, EVERY SINGLE ONE who volunteered the info (about 90%) have voted out.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:04 pm

Handy Andy wrote:
nicko wrote:All Handy wants to do is run down the Tories,  [and Flap]
That's because I think Labour will making a better fist of running a brexited Britain than the Bullingdon boys are and would.2

You mean like brown who raied the pensions and sold off our gold.
Look most people have come to learn, the Tories maybe poor, but they are a darn site better than labour and are the best of a bad chocie.
Most people now see the left in this country as something to greatly avoid and are the cause of discontent in this country

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:09 pm

Handy your probly a nice bloke, [with a big cock] but come into the real world, not as Labour would like it.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:

So, the number-one issue driving the leave movement is immigration. Among Britons who say they're concerned about immigration, what percent would you estimate genuinely has no problem with immigrants as people, and are not worried that their version of British culture is dying out?

Don't know and I'm not even going to try and guess tbh. If wanting to make your country better is racist then we are all racist, aren't we?
So many Eastern Europeans here are voting out too.

So... scratch
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:47 pm

What's wrong with British culture? up to a point it's better than fat gun happy Yanks have.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Syl wrote:Well my deed is now done.
Walked to the nearby polling booth and met more neighbours today than have done all year.
Stopped to chat, EVERY SINGLE ONE who volunteered the info (about 90%) have voted out.

As I have said... 90% of people I know are voting out .. and they all say 90% of everyone they know are voting out too!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:02 pm

Yet we will still remain I think.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:17 pm

eddie wrote:Yet we will still remain I think.

Haven't seen much of Sassy around here today ...I know she was having to drive in early to vote; so when will we know - It's 4:15pm my time over here ...when will the official count be announced - do you know?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Voting finished at 10pm here and it's now 10:30pm

The news has just been on the radio and they've said the first vote may be in by 11pm (5pm your time) - half an hour from now effectively.

I wouldn't bank on it being that early though.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:34 pm

Leave/Brexit - the Mass debate - Page 2 3406909858

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:06 pm

News so far:

Leave 0
Remain 0

0/382 declared

So nothing yet in other words
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:10 pm

eddie wrote:News so far:

Leave 0
Remain 0

0/382 declared
So nothing yet in other words
Well, crappers ...a huge storm just rolled over my area - it will help break this oppressive heat but the power has been flickering off & on and the monsoon down pour has begun!  I'll hope to catch up to all of the huge vote counts ASAP.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:14 pm

Thread in uk news now just opened it
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:42 am

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2