NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liz: Act royal, Will...

3 posters

Go down

Liz: Act royal, Will... Empty Liz: Act royal, Will...

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:52 pm

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Liz: Act royal, Will... Empty Re: Liz: Act royal, Will...

Post by Syl Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:59 pm

The queen has never been a touchy feely mother or grandmother in public....she is a stickler for protocol.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:00 pm

Have to say I love Kates hat....it's very unusual and very stylish.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:01 pm

I have zero interest in the royals and I don't like Kate much. Don't know why.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:08 pm

eddie wrote:I have zero interest in the royals and I don't like Kate much. Don't know why.

I like her hat...not struck on her either.
I think it's because she is a bit Stepford wife, she always does and says whats expected with a big smile on her face that looks slightly forced sometimes.

Maybe i's time to disband the Royals when the Queen dies, I loved Diana, they got rid, and now I think it's time we got rid of them.... in a less violent way obviously.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:08 pm

I think they can be fun.  I mean, we have Disneyland.

That's what it's all about.  National symbol and all that.  They have little or nothing to do with anything serious, anymore.  So enjoy it for what it is.

Also, being one who has studied British history, it's like having a living museum.  As long as we can joke about them, alongside of taking them as dinosaurs.  Lol.

I always wonder what it's like for Kate.  Like: Oh shit...seriously?  You're that Billy Mountbatten-Windsor?  Shocked

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:25 pm

I thought all Americans loved and admired our Royal family Quill. We take them for granted.

I know you have Obama and Michelle...and they are quite glam, but they wont be around for much longer then you will have to get used to their replacements.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:33 pm

Syl wrote:I thought all Americans loved and admired our Royal family Quill. We take them for granted.

I know you have Obama and Michelle...and they are quite glam, but they wont be around for much longer then you will have to get used to their replacements.

Yeah...we take Disneyland or the Grand Canyon for granted, too.  They're just down the road.

But I would say with Americans the royals rank up there with Brad and Angelina.  Plus, there's all those expensive uniforms and hats (as you mentioned), and the occasions to wear them.  Castles are a nice touch...again, like Disneyland.

Then, for us history buffs, like Cass and me, it's fun knowing that the last Duke of Cambridge was the father of Queen Victoria or King William IV was called silly-billy.  Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:I thought all Americans loved and admired our Royal family Quill. We take them for granted.

Yeah...we take Disneyland or the Grand Canyon for granted, too.  They're just down the road.

But I would say with Americans the royals rank up there with Brad and Angelina.  Plus, there's all those expensive uniforms and hats (as you mentioned), and the occasions to wear them.  Castles are a nice touch...again, like Disneyland.

Then, for us history buffs, like Cass and me, it's fun knowing that the last Duke of Cambridge was the father of Queen Victoria or King William IV was called silly-billy.  Razz

I suppose if you don't have a Royal family and all the pomp and circumstance that goes with it (plus you don't have to pay for it all) it does look romantic from the outside.

Oddly enough I was always fascinated with Jackie Kennedy, I was only a child but she caught the imagination of people over here like no one else did, then Diana came along and people also fell in love with her.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I suppose if you don't have a Royal family and all the pomp and circumstance that goes with it (plus you don't have to pay for it all) it does look romantic from the outside.

Oddly enough I was always fascinated with Jackie Kennedy, I was only a child but she caught the imagination of people over here like no one else did, then Diana came along and people also  fell in love with her.

There's no reason they couldn't make money at it.  After all, Disneyland charges for admission.

They could have a "Hanover Bros., Batten &  Boleyn Royals Circus', with Kate on the trapeze, and Chuck on the ponies, giving polo skills demonstrations.  Prince Harry could land a Royal AF C-17 in a cow pasture, and give tours.  The Duchess of Pork would lend a subtle giggle to the Clowns in a Car spectacle.  And little Hank, with a tiny buggy whip and one of those red tunics, could be the Ringmaster.

Last edited by Original Quill on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:06 pm

Dysfunctional family on major benefits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down