NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting

5 posters

Go down

Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting Empty Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting

Post by eddie Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:06 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/06/13/donald-trump-suggests-president-obama-was-involved-with-orlando-shooting/

Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting

Trump suggests 'there's something going on' with Obama

Play Video3:08

The day after a shooting at an Orlando nightclub, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump railed against the president and warned that Muslims should be banned from entering the U.S., while Democratic rival Hillary Clinton called for changes to gun restrictions. (Sarah Parnass/The Washington Post)

Donald Trump seemed to repeatedly accuse President Obama on Monday of identifying with radicalized Muslims who have carried out terrorist attacks in the United States and being complicit in the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando over the weekend, the worst the country has ever seen.

"Look, we're led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he's got something else in mind," Trump said in a lengthy interview on Fox News early Monday morning. "And the something else in mind — you know, people can't believe it. People cannot, they cannot believe that President Obama is acting the way he acts and can't even mention the words 'radical Islamic terrorism.' There's something going on. It's inconceivable. There's something going on."

In that same interview, Trump was asked to explain why he called for Obama to resign in light of the shooting and he answered, in part: "He doesn't get it or he gets it better than anybody understands — it's one or the other, and either one is unacceptable."

[Orlando gunman ‘cool and calm’ during nightclub standoff with police]

Here's how Trump and Clinton responded to the Orlando shooting

Play Video2:32

After the deadly shooting in an Orlando nightclub on June 12, some in politics pushed for stricter gun control while others asked for prayers. GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump ignited controversy with his tweets. (Jenny Starrs/The Washington Post)

For months, Trump has slyly suggested that the president is not Christian and has questioned his compassion toward Muslims. Years ago, Trump was a major force in calls for the president to release his birth certificate and prove that he was born in the United States. On the campaign trail, Trump has repeatedly stated as fact conspiracy theories about the president, his rivals and Muslims, often refusing to back down from his assertions even when they are proven to be false.

During an appearance on the "Today" show later Monday morning, Savannah Guthrie pushed Trump to explain what he meant in the earlier interview.

"Well there are a lot of people that think maybe he doesn't want to get it," Trump said. "A lot of people think maybe he doesn't want to know about it. I happen to think that he just doesn't know what he's doing, but there are many people that think maybe he doesn't want to get it. He doesn't want to see what's really happening. And that could be."

[Trump and Clinton and their very different responses to the Orlando shootings]

Guthrie asked Trump why that would be, and the presumptive Republican presidential nominee responded: "Because Savannah, Savannah, why isn't he addressing the issue? He's not addressing the issue. He's not calling it what it is. This is radical Islamic terrorism. This isn't fighting Germany; this isn't fighting Japan, where they wear uniforms."

Trump's spokeswoman and campaign manager have yet to respond to a request for a fuller explanation of Trump's comments about the president.

White House press secretary Josh Earnest said later Monday that he had not spoken with the president about Trump's criticisms, but he emphasized that "when you are focused on something as big as helping the country respond to the worst mass shooting in the nation's history, it's important not to get distracted by things that are so small."

Obama did not mention Trump during brief remarks to reporters in the Oval Office after meeting with his national security advisers Monday morning.

In December, Trump called for a temporary ban on allowing foreign Muslims into the country as a way to protect against terrorist attacks. Recently, as he faced pressure from fellow Republicans, Trump seemed to back away from the religion-based ban, saying that it was merely a suggestion. But after this weekend's mass shooting, Trump has doubled down on his call for a ban, saying that the United States is allowing in terrorists who could stage even worse attacks.

"That man yesterday was sick with hate," Trump said on Fox. "You have many, many people, thousands of people, already in our country that are sick with hate. And people that are around him, Muslims, know who they are, largely. They know who they are. They have to turn them in. They know who they are. They see them."

During a brief interview on ABC's "Good Morning America," Trump was asked how a ban on foreign Muslims could have prevented the Orlando shooting, as the shooter, identified as Omar Mateen, was born in the United States.

"We have many people coming in whose hate is equal to his and just as bad and even worse, frankly, and we have to stop people from coming in," Trump said, adding that gun control measures also could not stop a terrorist attack.

"The problem was that we have a maniac, we have a madman. He could have used a bomb. He could have used other things, just as easily, just as easily," Trump said. "It would have been, probably, even more devastating. So that's not the problem."

The Daily Trail newsletter
A daily briefing of what's happening on the campaign trail.
Trump has repeatedly taken credit for having been "right" on issues of terror, and on Monday he continued to face scrutiny for a tweet he posted on Sunday that read: "Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!"

"I'm getting thousands of letters and tweets that I was right about the whole situation," Trump said on Fox News. "I mean, I've been right about a lot of things, frankly.... I was right about many, many things."

Trump is scheduled to give a speech about terrorism in New Hampshire on Monday afternoon, and he declined to provide details on the types of policies he might advocate, other than saying: "I'm calling for strength. I'm calling for intelligence."

Sean Sullivan contributed to this report.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting Empty Re: Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:12 pm

Well, there ya go ...for that 'gotta have a conspiracy theory wing-nut' group - here's the leader giving you your purpose and banner!

"I'm getting thousands of letters and tweets that I was right about the whole situation," Trump said on Fox News. "I mean, I've been right about a lot of things, frankly.... I was right about many, many things."

Trump is scheduled to give a speech about terrorism in New Hampshire on Monday afternoon, and he declined to provide details on the types of policies he might advocate, other than saying: "I'm calling for strength. I'm calling for intelligence."
'HAIL TO THE MIGHTY BLOW HARD' ...his every mental drool is worthy of reading and repeating  Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting Smiley_emoticons_kinggrin_anbeten2 

...especially if it's 'FAUX' media presentation! Suspect

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting Empty Re: Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting

Post by eddie Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:47 pm

If you don't like someone you disbelieve them.
If you like someone you will believe them.

Just because you dislike someone doesn't mean they tell lies.
Just because you like someone doesn't mean they tell the truth.

I think that's what's wrong with this forum too if I'm honest.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:54 pm

Annnnnd, if you were familiar with the non-stop conspiracy theories that have been started and promoted by the Republican party of 'NO' over here then you'd understand just how utterly sick & tired Americans  {rational thinking Americans} get from people that use that method for their daily thought process!

The 'BLAME OBAMA' has been used/abused and over used for 7+ years and yet people with little value for FACTS/DATA/TRUTH will fall all over this ignorant ass instead of doing some serious reading of their own!
Just say'n ...information is out there - using piss-poor sources is rather lazy & lame ...but several still fall for it - on here as well Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:10 pm

What I said still remains true for most people.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Does Trump have information everyone else doesn't?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:18 pm

Eilzel wrote:Does Trump have information everyone else doesn't?

The right question and the right way to go.  What is his substance?

Yesterday I posted a small essay explaining why RW'er must lie...to divert.  Obama's birth certificate?  Death panels in the healthcare bill?  Benghazi?  HRC's emails?  They are all lies designed to divert.

Why do RW'er have to lie?  To detract attention away from their work for special interests, not the common interest.  Donald Trump is a case in point.  What does Donald Trump have to hide?  What is his particular disservice to the people?  I'll give you a hint: look into the details of the Trump University case, where he defrauded thousands and millions of people.

But in a greater sense, Donald Trump is emblematic of all RW'ers.  They champion ripping off the people.  They make an ideology of it.  Look, again, at Trump: he brags about how rich he is, and the primary message is...Be like me, mean, tough and...well, wealthy.  You see the same message in Star Wars: Come to the dark side.

In the end, it's all lies.  That's what they produce.  Trump seems to imply that Obama does not want to fight Islamic terrorism.  Yet, it is the Republican Congress that won't pass Obama's war powers bill...passed up to the Congress a couple of years ago.  Take a look if you don't believe me:

US News & World Report wrote:Senators appeared sharply divided Wednesday over the Obama administration’s draft of the war powers bill, disagreeing over whether it provides too much leeway to combat the Islamic State, or not enough.

"Too much," or "not enough"...tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum, they dither.  Um...and those would be Republican Senators.

Obama is soft on terrorism?  Obama wants the bad guys to win?  All lies.  That's what RW'ers do--cheat the people and tell lies about it afterwards.

Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:26 pm

eddie wrote:If you don't like someone you disbelieve them.

No ...NOOOOO, that only applies for those humans that can't THINK INDEPENDENTLY and assume that their 'good fellow team members/groups' would never intentionally mislead them - misconstrue facts & data {like Tommykins does with every link he provides} like our republican party does - like 'Faux Media' does - like the horrid Chump-Trump does!  Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting 2190311264
 by eddie on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:10 am
For people incapable of 'INDEPENDENT THOUGHT' ...certainly; for those that have to be spoon fed their news and information ...easy-peasy ...just tell you what YOU WANT TO HEAR Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:27 pm

Lots of people in high positions have information the public doesn't, yes.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:29 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
eddie wrote:If you don't like someone you disbelieve them.

No ...NOOOOO, that only applies for those humans that can't THINK INDEPENDENTLY and assume that their 'good fellow team members/groups' would never intentionally mislead them - misconstrue facts & data {like Tommykins does with every link he provides} like our republican party does - like 'Faux Media' does - like the horrid Chump-Trump does!  Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting 2190311264
 by eddie on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:10 am
For people incapable of 'INDEPENDENT THOUGHT' ...certainly; for those that have to be spoon fed their news and information ...easy-peasy ...just tell you what YOU WANT TO HEAR Rolling Eyes

Spot on.  And what did my post to didge say last night?  The people who have given up on their intellectual powers are the one's who withdraw from INDEPENDENT THOUGHT.  

Um...those would be RW'ers.  They're not tough enough in the brains department.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:31 pm

Trump is really just continuing what he's done all along, tapping into the id of the Republican base. Most of them think Obama's a "secret Muslim" and all the "what-about-bin-Laden?s" in the world won't sway them.

It is unprecedented in that charges like this are usually founded in mustier corners of the internet, rather than from one of the two major parties' nominee for president ...

And just for the record, I often believe things said by people I don't like. I certainly don't disbelieve claims made by people solely because I don't like them.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:41 pm

eddie wrote:

And you would assume that because ??? ...Chump-Trump has ZERO security clearance for anything that hasn't been released by the FBI or POTUS - ZIP/NADA only in his F'd up make believe world --- and if that's what you willfully chose to follow ...GOD BLESS and GOOD LUCK! No

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:43 pm

I like the way that people who ONLY read the media version of events, say they have "independent thoughts"

Sure you do. Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting 2190311264
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:48 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
eddie wrote:

And you would assume that because ??? ...Chump-Trump has ZERO security clearance for anything that hasn't been released by the FBI or POTUS - ZIP/NADA only in his F'd up make believe world --- and if that's what you willfully chose to follow ...GOD BLESS and GOOD LUCK! No

And of you think that a rich business man involved in politics doesn't have info that we don't....God bless and good luck!

I'm not even saying that I beleive this particular piece of info but you can't say that he knows nothing at all.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:50 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Trump is really just continuing what he's done all along, tapping into the id of the Republican base. Most of them think Obama's a "secret Muslim" and all the "what-about-bin-Laden?s" in the world won't sway them.

It is unprecedented in that charges like this are usually founded in mustier corners of the internet, rather than from one of the two major parties' nominee for president ...

And just for the record, I often believe things said by people I don't like. I certainly don't disbelieve claims made by people solely because I don't like them.

Regarding your last sentence - that is clearly obvious to most of me, it's why I read your posts.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:03 pm

Well, this has gone Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting 3143589420  ...enjoy your search for factual data but you won't find it following Chump-Trump's mental dribble; but I'm well aware that it's not the truth that is the issue here! Donald Trump seems to connect President Obama to Orlando shooting 2086560741

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:10 pm

It's a bit sad to use an atrocity like this to score political points.....I wondered how long it would take Trump to seize the moment....could this have come at a better time for him? I doubt it..
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:42 pm

eddie wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

And of you think that a rich business man involved in politics doesn't have info that we don't....God bless and good luck!

I'm not even saying that I beleive this particular piece of info but you can't say that he knows nothing at all.

I think we are seeing how Trump mishandles the information he does receive.  

I don't think being rich and famous gets one into the inner circles of intelligence.  Trump's pronouncement that the Egypt Air flight was downed by terrorists is pretty much evidence that he is not in the loop.  It's hard to tell how much is 'lie' and how much is 'ignorance', but most of his prognostications turn out to be wrong.

On the other hand, he could be receiving good information and grossly misunderstanding it.  Was Meghyn Kelly having her period?  Is Obama a secret Muslim?  Are the Illuminati in control?  The distinction between truth and falsehood blurs when it is uncertain if one is engaging in truth, or rhetoric.  If you are just trying to dupe the people, say what you want...advice that Trump appears to have taken.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:49 pm

And if he knew that Obama was a secret Muslim terrorist facilitator and that something like this attack was going to happen, doesn't that also make him a grade-A dickbarge for keeping quiet?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:07 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:And if he knew that Obama was a secret Muslim terrorist facilitator and that something like this attack was going to happen, doesn't that also make him a grade-A dickbarge for keeping quiet?

It makes him an accessory in the eyes of the law.  Cool

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:17 pm

He just gets worse, he'll start going back over the birth certificate crap soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:34 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Trump is really just continuing what he's done all along, tapping into the id of the Republican base. Most of them think Obama's a "secret Muslim" and all the "what-about-bin-Laden?s" in the world won't sway them.

Regarding your last sentence - that is clearly obvious to most of me, it's why I read your posts.

That should say "to me"
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:35 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:And if he knew that Obama was a secret Muslim terrorist facilitator and that something like this attack was going to happen, doesn't that also make him a grade-A dickbarge for keeping quiet?

Erm yes? He's a dickbarge anyway.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:59 am

So only Trump has access to this information? And Trump has nothing to gain from suggesting such crap?

You disbelieve everything anyone says in the media (because you are too clevet for those foxes) but Trump says something controversial (shock, horror!) and you post it uncritically- as though it is as valid as the views of reporters on the scene, police, the killer's dad etc.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:19 pm

Eilzel wrote:So only Trump has access to this information? And Trump has nothing to gain from suggesting such crap?

You disbelieve everything anyone says in the media (because you are too clevet for those foxes) but Trump says something controversial (shock, horror!) and you post it uncritically- as though it is as valid as the views of reporters on the scene, police, the killer's dad etc.

Did I? Was it? Will I? Is it? Rolling Eyes

You do realise I didn't write the article and nor do I work for trump?
Did you see me defend him here, or anywhere?

I defend his right to speak. Like I defend yours. And mine.
Get over it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:24 pm

Why anyone would believe a word that came out of that disgusting, mysoginist, racist, con-artist (just ask the people he has conned about his so called 'university') and rapist (according to Ivana in her book that he has never denied) is utterly beyond me.   If he said the sky was blue I'd have to check.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down